Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

little help here please ?

• 05-05-2005 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

We're running a Win 2003 domain server. Over the last couple of days there's been a bunch of accounts deleted (ex employees accounts). Unfortunatly, one of these was the former finance person.

Her PC is being used by the current finance person, but the secure certificate from the bank (all salaries & payments etc) was in her profile.

The profile is still on the desktop system, but obviously we can't get in through her former logon because it's now deleted.

I tried re-creating her logon but all that did was set up a new profile (username.000).

Is there any way of recovering the deleted account ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

If you have a system state backup, then boot to safe mode on the server and perform an authorititive restore. Check the Microsoft site for more information.

Best of luck.
    Howard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

System state of the user's desktop ? if so, then no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

never trust Microsoft with **** like that, use Linux, no problems there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭SwampThing

Marts wrote:
    never trust Microsoft with **** like that, use Linux, no problems there!

Very helpful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

SwampThing wrote:
    Very helpful!
    I know, I have a way with words :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I did the same due to a problem with a users machine - I had to delete him and his machine off the Active Directory and add again. Profile unavailable so I manually copied his profile on the desktop.

example: http://www.winbookcorp.com/_technote/WBTA09000815.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

I reckon the OP has a user with a digital cert tied to the AD account.

A quick way to get the account back is to use an Authorititive restore of the Server. The System State of the server contains the active directory, and if you are taking regular backups you can restore the AD to a previous state and thereby undelete the account.

Alternatively can you not recreate the required certificate for the new user?

Cheers
    Howard

Advertisement