Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bar Receives Two Race Ban

• 05-05-2005 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭

Taken from itv-f1.com

The BAR-Honda Formula 1 team has been given a two-race ban following a hearing at the FIA Court of Appeal in Paris on Wednesday.

This means that the team cannot compete in either this weekend's Spanish Grand Prix or the Monaco Grand Prix at the end of the month.

The FIA has concluded that the team broke regulations by using fuel as ballast, which could have a given it a performance advantage.

BAR-Honda has also had the 10 points that it scored in the San Marino Grand Prix taken away.

I wonder could BAR race under appeal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

They got away lightly, to be honest. Max Mosley was pushing for them to be excluded from the championship altogether as well as being fined a million dollars.

Todays 'Motorsport News' has an article and diagrams about how BAR managed to pull this off by having a seperate fuel tank within the main tank kind of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

Imo they should have been more severely punished. It was cheating...Tyrell were banned in 84 for kind of the same thing, except they used water with lead shot in it....a bit more blatant I know, but cheating is cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭dinjo

i think BAR should have been banned for more than 2 races, they got off very lightly. I read on the ITV-F1 website that Alonso and Montoya have said that they to too HARSH with BAR, but if the situation had been reversed and it was Ferrari or Schumacher in the situation, you can be damn sure they wouldn't have gotten off so easily and there would be nobody comming out in support of them.......

The end of the day, BAR CHEATED! they were caught and Punished... Serves them right.

CHEATING is CHEATING!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Feenikusu

That's fair, it would be terrible to ban them for more than 2 races because then they had no chance to become world champion.
    But, yeah, cheating is cheating.
    Since Takuma Sato is my favourite F1 driver I hate this ban and the fast that he lost his points for the 5th place, but he wouldn't have a real chance to become world champion anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I think they deserve it, but I can't help but wonder would the same punishment have been given if it were Ferrari???

• Advertisement
Advertisement