Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom a/c number

• 05-05-2005 2:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Just got a line connected however I don't have my Eircom a/c number and Eircom refuse to give it to me, saying it has to be posted out. Is there any way of getting it today so I can get my BB order in asap?

adam

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

I remember a person I know having the same problem, that's how they stalled him first. Next they claimed he'd have to wait a month to have his line tested. Don't know a way of getting it faster, unless it's possible at a local Eircom office in person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭mossieh

I had the same problem...the level 1 customer service people all say they can't give it to you. Ask for a team leader/supervisor, they can email you the ac number. If the level 1 person won't escalate it, shout at them, then repeat as necessary. That should do the trick...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mossieh wrote:
    I had the same problem...the level 1 customer service people all say they can't give it to you. Ask for a team leader/supervisor, they can email you the ac number. If the level 1 person won't escalate it, shout at them, then repeat as necessary. That should do the trick...

You might have to work at this,
    I was told by a supervisor that the contract including my account number were sent out to me already and is in the post.
    Funny that the postmark was two days after I phoned,

Don't leave them off the phone till they e-mail, fax or otherwise give you the account number while your talking to them or atleast within that day, get full names of everybody and shout if you have to.

I had two very unpleasent dealings with them regarding account numbers :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Thats very starnge they gave it to me over the phone a fer weeks ago no problem
    Pete

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I rang them back (twice) to see if I could sosh it, but I was kept on hold on the sales line for 10-15 minutes total. That's why I won't buy off Eircom, they're milking Ireland so badly they don't even need to man their sales lines.

If I don't get the letter tomorrow I'll have some fun with them.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

i just asked the eircom engineer who connected my new line and he rang me back in two minutes with the account number...
    did you keep the number of anyone who contacted you

i had a new line on the monday of 1 week, passed the test next day and ordered and was all set up including the router sent out by friday of the next week

i have to say ive read loads of horror stories regarding eircom but to my pleasant suprise i found them fast and efficient!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

its on your phone bill

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

i just asked the eircom engineer who connected my new line and he rang me back in two minutes with the account number
    This is an apartment block, on-site visits aren't required. The engineer that connected it may have called as a courtesy when I was out, but this isn't required either.

My old man reckons that they're the bees knees, and in some regards I agree with him. The engineers and about half of the call center staff are knowledgable and helpful. Conversely, however, management and the other half of the call center staff are pig-ignorant assholes, and the owners are thieves, period.
    mp3guy wrote:
    its on your phone bill
    All I can say in response to that is: Mommy using the braincell this week?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Technical support does not have the a/c number information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I just said I need the account number to order broadband and they gave it to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

dahamsta wrote:
    Mommy using the braincell this week?
    I have no idea why you would respond to him that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I have no idea why you would respond to him that way.
    Because he said he had just got the line connected so obviously he hasn't got a bill yet and possibly won't for 2 months (depending on the billing cycle) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

I rang up eircom fairly recently and just said: "What's my account number?", and they just told me. Keep ringing them up and asking the different people that answer, one of them will probably just give it to you.

Advertisement