Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club Ranking in FM2005

• 05-05-2005 2:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭

Bugging me a bit, maybe someone'll know the answer! :D

Won UEFA CUp, followed by THREE consecutive Champions Leagues with Shelbourne, however, noone wants to sign for me, ever! :( They always say it'd be the worst move of their career and Irish clubs are shít basically. Yet Shelbourne are ranked 3rd best club in the world and Irish league is ranked 5th in world. How many more do I have to win to start getting players with abilities of better than 160? (Only 4 games away from winning 4th CL in a row, had some VERY lucky escapes on that run!) I mean, I have a transfer balance of 29.5M this season, and I wanna be able to use it well! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

This is probably the only flaw I've experienced with the CM and FM games, they seem very reluctant to accept change, no matter how well you do and how many trophies you can win, the clubs initial standing at the start of the game always more or less remains.

Alternatively, you could just make up a reason for (like I do) and say that these overpaid superstars just aren't too attracted to the likes of Drumcondra, Phibsboro or Inchicore on a Friday night.

Makes sense to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Yeah! But even 20 year old obscure players say the same things! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Guess its just a (I think this is the first time I've had to say this).... design flaw?

That did NOT feel good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Happens to me even with Celtic, couldnt get Diego Tristan on a free. Bad career move he said. Work permits annoy me more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

how did u manage to win CL with shelbourne, surely you must have cheated along the way as there is no way a small club like shelbourne with a capacity of 10,000 and money of 100,000+ at the start.
    I smell something fishy

Anyways when i was manager of Galway Utd, got to the CL league stages but no further as players wouldnt join. Wish they would do something about changing the fact that if a club is sucessfull in a small league like the league of ireland, then the profile of the club changes and hence can attract better players.I eventually quit my beloved Galway Utd.

• Advertisement

galwaydude wrote:
    how did u manage to win CL with shelbourne, surely you must have cheated along the way as there is no way a small club like shelbourne with a capacity of 10,000 and money of 100,000+ at the start.
    I smell something fishy

Anyways when i was manager of Galway Utd, got to the CL league stages but no further as players wouldnt join. Wish they would do something about changing the fact that if a club is sucessfull in a small league like the league of ireland, then the profile of the club changes and hence can attract better players.I eventually quit my beloved Galway Utd.
    Used FMScout to find good/cheap/free players I'll admit. But thats it. Took me several years to get past the QR3, and was 5 seasons in before winning UEFA, the 3 CL followed that. Nothing fishy at all my friend :p Just patience!

i take my hat of to you then, WELL DONE.
    Anyways do you have any players that you could recommend as im going to take over Galway Utd when i get home from work at 8 pm thats if my GF allows me :D

Eddie Daniel Ortiz - €1k. Happy on €75 per week, only 22 I think. Rock solid at heart of my defence! Sold him for a fair amount after I won the Uefa Cup tho! :D

Ederson from RS Futebol is great, but you need to be able to give him about €2500 a week, and but paying 200,000 over 24 months will secure him! :D

Reynaldo Parks is good. Getting on a bit in age terms, but good solid defender.

Best bet is Tomas Radzinevicius. Cost €16k (Again paid over several months!), and is a lethal finisher. 13 goals in 9 games for me so far (Thats in the new network game I started recently).

Cyril Detremmerie - runs the midfield with Arturas Stesko (Both free i think, and happy on peanuts!)

Donatas Venecivius. Excellent, use him as my left wing back, but can play AMRL too. Is 30, but will get 3 or 4 years from him, again pretty damn cheap to keep happy too! :D

ederson is a class buy.
    in the latest update hes with nice in france on loan though:( so cant get him cheaply:(

He wasn't in mine, on 5.0.3 with updates. Ah well, not complaining! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement