Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jade Empire Special Edition

Options
  • 05-05-2005 3:54pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭

Howaya folks..

Bought the special edition version of this game yesterday in newry and got it home the box says special edition under the title but the cd just says jade empire with no special edition written on the actual disc. Is this normal? anyone else have the special edition with it written on the disc - in other words did i just get scammed an extra tenner cos the guy thought I was a muppet and wouldn't cop it?

Cheers,
    Shiv.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

it all really depends, on what accent you have.

still waiting on this myself so sorry, can't help. any good?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

haven't had a minute - college is flat out - we had a dodgeball tournament for charity today - took up all my day! some laugh.

It might be more evident if i boot it up and see if it mentions it on the menus and what not..cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The disc should definately say special edition.

Bastards..i knew it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

the special edition comes with two disks - one is the standard cd and another disk with limited edition content.

well at least thats what it is with mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

the first disc should NOT say special edition. you should have a second dsisc. stick it in and then you can download the new character to your xbox and then you play with him using the normal disc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

there are two discs in the box - the second contains some video and the key to unlock a character and fighting style. the packaging is slightly different to the regular retail version. the manual is the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Don't know what anyboday else thought about the game but I really did not think it was any good at all. When playing KOTOR I just had top keep playing. With this one I just didn't care. It only took me 18hrs to complete amd I'm sure if you ignored side quests it could be done in under 15. What were IGN thinking giving this 9.9???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

i think it is fun, but if i had to give a score, between 8.0 to 8.5.

edit: yay! just finished the game for the first time...time to replay it as closed fist disciple :D

Aye, went in to them again and was slightly embarrassed when they lifted out the first disc to find the special edition extra on the second disc. Wish i'd have read this thread again before going..aw well, i'll not see them any time soon.

Now all I need to do is study, do my exams then settle down into this game along with pariah being delivered on monday..

• Advertisement

I'm starting to think this is destiny that i not play this game - just tried to play it for the first time - the xbox says it doesn't recognise the disc and yet recognises all the others.

Anyone ever get this message for any other game before? I wiped the discs and tried both of them - the game and the extra special edition disc. ANy siggestions - xbox tech support probably wont support me as i replaced my DVD drive myself recently when the original stopped working and they wanted too much to service it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

It happens on my machine too sometimes. Just reboot the console a few times and it should work.

Advertisement