Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

vhs to pc (graphics card good enough?)

• 05-05-2005 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭

hey
    i have a geforce fx5200 with an svideo socket on my pc
    can i just hook up to vcr to the svideo socket with software and transfer it?
    (scart-->svideo-->graphics card)

i have pinnacle studio 9 ...woould this llow me to transfer it over or would i need a special proggie as its coming in thru svideo?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

thatll be a tv out socket more than likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭HacksawEddie

yeah, i was worryin about that... sou basically i need to get a card that has svideo in also?!

yes, thats it,
    some video cards have video in aswell but im not sure if yours is one,
    afaik it is more common on nvidia than ati,
    but if its just one its likely tv-out.

check the for sale forums tv-cars come up fairly regualr for abour 25-35 euro

cheers mate...
    i'm postin an ad there now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

Posting the link once is enough. If I see a link to the same product on any other boards I look at, you'll be getting a ban.

John

Sorry about that - I thought it was good info. Looked like a good piece of kit. If i get moderated for something so trivial in future you'll get a ban. I just wont use boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 MBobo

If your pinicle dont let you select s-vhs as an input on your card it prob aint gonna hapen

thanks mbobo, so are there any otr options while using pinnacle do u think?

crossed wired methinks,
    john is lump [a mod] howitzer has been posting the same link all over boards and lump has edited his post. ;)

yeah, sorry about that john ...deleted the message since
    my bad :(

howitzer .. i'm thinking of getting that usb box from Komplet.
    can you give me some more info on it please?
    does it come with an s-video / composite cable???

is it easy to use? does it work with pinnacle studi do u know?

cheers

ps .. any1 know the chepest place to get scart to svideo (or composite) adaptor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Have a look on the pinnacle site, they can be rather fickel (Is that a word?) About the hardware they support. Have a look here:http://www.pinnaclesys.com/menusupport_n.asp?product_id=1501&division_id=1&Langue_ID=2

You vould of course buy the USB box for the Studio System here: http://store.digitalriver.com/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayPage&Locale=en_GB&id=ProductDetailsPage&SiteID=piestore&productID=35523100&api1=67&api2=&api4=

It's £149.99

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

RE: Komplett USB box

I dont think many cables come with it. I went to maplins for cables.
    If you have a v.fast machine with lots ram the usb box will do a good job. Otherwise it's average. It's a bit hit and miss and there are so many format optons to choose that you have to test to see which gives best results.

great, thanks.
    any1 know where's the bets place for a scart to s-video converter?

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 MBobo

TBH if said you would be better off just getting a vi-vo card for bout £50 or so depending on wot you want it will be more stable than adapters but just a little more then they cost then you can sell your old gfx card as well or keep it for spare

Just a thought.

P.S and less ****ing about.

Or buy a tuner card they allow input obv. and have a normal composite input so should work. Should be just able to tune the video in a channel like ordnary tv and use this as input.

Advertisement