Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

walking out early

• 05-05-2005 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

gotta love it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Been there, done that, watched most of E3 that way last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I remember in 2nd year we were screwed over by a lecturer. A class of 70 stood up and left as soon as the hour mark was reached. There were 3 left. The invigilators hadn't a clue what was going on.

Further the lecturer was there, adn laughed.
    Wasn't laughing so hard when the dept had a mickey fit and made him stay for the summer to assist the 95% fail mark he had created!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Did anyone see the guy who ran out of the RDS this afternoon getting chased by the invigilators and threatening to sue tham are something?

It was maddness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I haven't left early for any of my exams so far. I didn't do it during the Leaving Cert either. I always write a plan before I start writing in the Answer Book and I usually won't write in the Answer book until 20-30 minutes have passed. Each to their own I guess. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

Me too nice guy, plus im a slow writer you were doing philosophy 2 today were you not ? how you find it ? I know you dont know me by the way. I'm cool like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I haven't left early for any of my exams so far. I didn't do it during the Leaving Cert either. I always write a plan before I start writing in the Answer Book and I usually won't write in the Answer book until 20-30 minutes have passed. Each to their own I guess. :)

I don't either, except when I'm completely boned. Which I am for Politics. So there ya go. I wonder if I'll get more than 10% overall... Meh.

Anyway, that sounds like a bit of drama anyway, some bloke leggin it outta the place... Wtf happened?! I wish I'd been there for that. In fact, it sounds like something I would do... :rolleyes:

Well we speculated that he'd been caught cheating and had just legged it. The invigilators followed him outside and demanded his student card be he just kept running and told them to fcuk off.

It was very dramatic.

Gave us something to talk about for a good 20 seconds before we went back to dissecting the exam paper.

Exar Khun wrote:
    Me too nice guy, plus im a slow writer you were doing philosophy 2 today were you not ? how you find it ? I know you dont know me by the way. I'm cool like that.

I found philosophy 2 to be pretty good. Everything I learnt late last night came up. I have to give much props to Wikipedia! It saved my arse the night before I had essays due and it has saved my arse the night before I've had an exam due. I'm now hoping Wikipedia will tell me all about the American Revolution in one night. Wiki don't fail me now! :D

Pah, I couldn't believe there were six whole questions on Descartes and not a single one on Cogito Ergo Sum. I spent hours agonising over whether it was an implicit syllogism, all for nothing.

what is this wikipedia you talk of my friend ? I also have to some how be proficient in the high story relating to the ill fated revolutions in France and Russia by tomorrow.

HOly crap all these ppl on my course where were you ppl all year??
    no wait thats my fault I was never there...... you better be ther next year. :confused:

• Advertisement

Exar Khun wrote:
    what is this wikipedia you talk of my friend ? I also have to some how be proficient in the high story relating to the ill fated revolutions in France and Russia by tomorrow.

Feast your eyes on this beauty. Just type in whatver you want and the information is yours. It is my saviour:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

pretty*monster, did you not learn any of Descartes' proofs of the existence of God? It frequently comes up and did so again this year.

good work my man.

pretty*monster, did you not learn any of Descartes' proofs of the existence of God? It frequently comes up and did so again this year.

Yeah, I had vague work done on the proofs of god and scepticism and all that jazz but I could have written a killer essay on cogito ergo sum. It pissed me off.

Yeah, I had vague work done on the proofs of god and scepticism and all that jazz but I could have written a killer essay on cogito ergo sum. It pissed me off.

Ah well I'm sure you did alright nonetheless. Did you end up joining PhilSoc pretty*monster?
    Exar Khun wrote:
    good work my man

It should prove useful. I like it because the info is condensed down nicely. Perfect for some last minute cramming!

Ah well I'm sure you did alright nonetheless. Did you end up joining PhilSoc pretty*monster?

Joining it? Did I hell. I'm the new secretary of the society. :cool:

Depending on how many philosophy lectures you attended you've probably seen me at the top of the class announcing coffee mornings, parties, talks, and other things no one listens to.

Joining it? Did I hell. I'm the new secretary of the society. :cool:

Depending on how many philosophy lectures you attended you've probably seen me at the top of the class announcing coffee mornings, parties, talks, and other things no one listens to.

I couldn't make any of those coffee mornings as it clashed with my tutorial. How is 2pm a morning?! What do you look like by the way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

About 99% of societies seem to have their coffee mornings on at 1pm... I had lectures at 1pm 4 days a week this year! Bah...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ILOVEYOU

Well we speculated that he'd been caught cheating and had just legged it. The invigilators followed him outside and demanded his student card be he just kept running and told them to fcuk off.

lmao what a legend!

I couldn't make any of those coffee mornings as it clashed with my tutorial. How is 2pm a morning?! What do you look like by the way?

Yeah, but coffee afternoon just sounds wrong. They were fun though, free donuts we tried to use the to bribe Gerard Casey and Tim Mooney into giving us the exam questions.

I'm really short, brown hair, usually wear black or denim skirts with knee high socks and basketball shoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I've left my first 3 exams early :cool:

^^The first 3 exams I have ever left early

• Advertisement

Yeah, but coffee afternoon just sounds wrong. They were fun though, free donuts we tried to use the to bribe Gerard Casey and Tim Mooney into giving us the exam questions.

I'm really short, brown hair, usually wear black or denim skirts with knee high socks and basketball shoes.

I might be able to recognise you if I saw you. You sound familiar anyway. I'm sure I know some of the people you know as I know a couple of people who did go to those coffee mornings and who were active in Philsoc.

BTW, have you the power to change the times of the coffee 'mornings'? ;)

Who do you know?

I'm the secratary, I have ultimate power. I can write whatever the hell I want in the minutes, email it out to the rest of the committee and they'll just assume that we agreed on it when they weren't paying attention.

I'm the secratary, I have ultimate power.

Going down the Stalin route eh? ;)

He's an inspiration to secretaries everywhere :)

He's an inspiration to secretaries everywhere :)

I take it there will be a few openings in Philsoc coming up? :)

Oh, I'm sure there won't be any need for purges just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭lateasever

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    nice guy and pretty monster sittin in the rds..........
    whats existentialism? oh shut up and kiss me

ok kids lets focus and organise one mass exam walkout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Lateasever, you promised me a bombscare!!!!

It didn't happen, so now i must HATE you!

Beware! I am not one to be messed with!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I don't leave an exam early normally. When I've done I consider leaving, but I deciede to have a look over my answer book, I always see at least one thing I'm not happy about and change it. If I had left, then I wouldn't have found it.

I haven't started yet. Got Programme Design and Verification tomorrow, I'm grand for that, I'll probably leave early then.

Bah all these arts student's taking over the board. :(

there are alot of us.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Feast your eyes on this beauty. Just type in whatver you want and the information is yours. It is my saviour:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
    Great resource for a quick solution but be warned it's the public who input the information.

Yeah thanks Bri. However I am reading up on it and alot of the stuff is reinforcing things I already studied. Its a great freshener upper (wtf did I just say)?

kitten, im waaay too charming for u to hate

but u know i would really like to see everyone just get up and leave
    but hell, if you dont wanna, i guess i could whip up a little bombscare

lets say, saturday (cos i cant believe theres exams on saturday) @ 2?

I know lateasever an exam on saturnday of all things WTF?!?!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

PhilSoc......grrrrr.....

:mad:

uberwolf, how did the lecturer screw your class over?

lateasever wrote:
    kitten, im waaay too charming for u to hate

You'd be surprised how little charm matters to me when i'm busy being indignant!

Ask Zane. :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Come on I want all the gory details! I was out in blackrock today - what happenned with this guy who got chased?

Yeah, I'm dying to know about that too! I was all the way over in section goddamn A so I missed the excitement.

Share the wealth, people!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

My experience with these incidents is you never find much out at all. I remember a quite discussion fairly close to me during my finals and the invigilator went off to get the head guy...next thing 3 or 4 of them surrounded his guy and next thing you know he was shouting and screaming and refusing whatever they wanted. Heard later he'd had 'prepared' answer sheets but seems like pure speculation.

Always fun for the rest of us though :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I wonder was it like one of those little anecdotes he tells in his talk about the exams?

I remember one about a guy with a baseball cap. He used to keep taking it off and putting it down on the table, and then back on his head. I don't know how the head guy copped on but he said when he looked inside the baseball cap it was full to the brim of cheat notes! Class!

I had some notes down my sock today
    Didn't use em, just liked knowing they were there!
    They were useless notes anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Na the best one is-only for the ladies though-of you have a decent padded bra-not the pennys ****e-never wear them, ever, they are useless (last job was as a lingerie fitter, got so angry at ppl for being so lazy and not wearing the right bra and then complaining to me....grrr...I digress)..

Anyway, take the paded bits out (ie in a gossard bra) and then you'r left with a lil space to stash notes, and it wont be too uncomfortable as the lil bit of material is btwn ur boob and the paper...Haven't done this-yet, might if I get ubar freaked about politics, most likely won't, i'll just walk out....I dont like cheating, only did it once, stupid honours maths, but that didn't work out, d'oh! If i get a good result I don't feel like I deserved it...but hey, just putting the idea out there.

So what have we learnt penneys bras-bad. Cheating-debatable. Alana-krazy.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

/me adjust his collar for the steam...

alana: ...'last job was as a lingerie fitter'...

eh, so like, are they eh looking for eh any eh new employees?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

@ vainglory - he screwed us over by completely changing the exam with no warning whatsoever. Same questions every year for 6 years. Then this monstrosity appeared. *shrugs* started drinking earlier

@ pretty*monster - I was Philsoc Sec (kinda) during one of the less glorious years when we had an ill fated attempt to rise above the station of the society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

uberwolf wrote:
    @ vainglory - he screwed us over by completely changing the exam with no warning whatsoever. Same questions every year for 6 years. Then this monstrosity appeared. *shrugs* started drinking earlier
    I hate when they do that - happened to us in our repeats last Summer with one of our exams, he completly changed the types of questions he asked - I was well happy with my 30% in it :D

Vainglory wrote:
    PhilSoc......grrrrr.....

:mad:

What wrong with philsoc?

oh no you didnt *in latino voice*
    *does the hand thing*

• Advertisement
Advertisement