Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long do you have to wait for an ISDN line from €ircon

Options
  • 05-05-2005 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

I ordered an ISDN line almost 8 weeks ago (11th March). At first, I was told that the expected completion date would be 10 working days after my order (29th of March) and that I should expect to hear from an engineer and receive information on the order before then.

On the 28th of March, after receiving nothing in the post or email, and having not heard from any engineer, I called 1901 to get an update on my order. The €ircon rep told me that the original rep was wrong to give me an expected completion date and that there was a new expected completion date on the order, being the 19th of April.

As this date came closer, I called again to 1901. Again this time they repeated that I should have heard from an engineer. Explained to me that there is a delay because there are "no spares on the pack"!?!? (whatever the hell that means) And that there is a new expected completion date, the 29th of April.

You can see how the pattern is developing here. :(

So, the 29th came closer, and I still had not heard from anyone at €ircon. I called again. Telling the rep that I'd not heard anything from anyone regarding my order. Again she tells me that there are no spare lines available and that I will have to wait for one to become available. She would email the chief engineer in my area and get him to contact me. Of course, I've yet to hear from an engineer.

More recently, I was told that the work was scheduled to be done sometime around the middle of last week and that an engineer would be contacting me with a date. The week came and the week went, no call from any €ircon employee.

Just this afternoon, I called 1901 again. Now they tell me that the new expected completion date is the 20th of this month. She asked if anyone had contacted me regarding the order, and was surprised that the answer was no. She assured me that I will get a call from an engineer/supervisor within 24 hours. (I'm not convinced).

I can see no end to this situation. My current telephone line is pants basically (long periods of no traffic - which leads to broken downloads/game server disconnects/etc.)

I would have thought that if there were no spare lines available to them, that they should install another? Surely waiting for one to become available could take months?

Anyone else been in this situation while waiting for an ISDN line? If so, is there any speedy resolution, or do I just have to keep on waiting? They've already charged me €61 deposit on the installation fee. (1/4 of the total €244 installation fee).

Needless to say, I'm not impressed.

What's the email addy of that Nolan guy again? I think I'll send a copy of this post on to him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

€244? !!!!

It's only €130 for an isdn line from scratch. Are you getting a PSTN line and then upgrading it?

Is it a case there are no ISDN lines availble from your exchange? Even so they could still give you a PSTN line while you wait.

Write a letter to J. Mason, Company secretary stating if they don't install within 10 days you will sue them for breach of contract. They accepted your €60 so they are now legaly in a contract with you. Did they cash the cheque?

Write to Mason no point going near Nolan.

Advertisement