Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euphony - Are they worth it?

Options
  • 05-05-2005 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I am strongly considering moving phone provider to Euphony. For €10 a month you can ring any landline in Ireland for free (as long as it is under 60 minutes per call.)

Is anyone else using these guys?
    Are they for real?

Seems like a great deal.

Thanks
    Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Why not just switch to u.tv and get all off peak landline calls for free with no €10 charge. I have and find it excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Well, most of my calls are during the day so I need peak more than off peak.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I use them, 'cause the missus & kids are home during the day. It's really only worth it if you make a lot of daytime calls. Otherwise a free off-peak offer like UTV or even (gasp! :eek: ) Eircom Talktime (Eur24.99 for line rental plus 200 mins free off-peak calls) is probably better value...

Also - Euphony's T&Cs don't list all their charges. They charge a mark-up over the official Eircom rates for all 15** numbers (as I found out using telestunt's mobiles prefix!) and they charge Eircom rates for calls to all ISP numbers, if you use dial-up.

Their rates for calls to mobiles are nothing special, unless you buy 100/200/500 'prepaid' minutes - this is what I do, so the average monthly spend is
    24.48 rental (to Eircom)
    9.99 for unlimited local/national calls
    17.00 for 100 mins to mobiles

...+ whatever we spend over & above that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 shano04

I am with them two months. At first i was waiting to see a bill before I would sign up because I did'nt believe it. So I seen the girl friends fathers and I could'nt believe it so I signed up immediately. No more Eircom rip offs. Until Ireland get a new sponser I will not wear the jersey with Eircom on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

I've been on this since it started. It suits me because I often make national rate calls during the day, which otherwise would cost 8c a minute. Get a stopwatch though because they start charging you 3c a minute after 59 minutes and 59 seconds. Just hang up and redial.

The dialup thing hit me last year but I use BB now so no probs there.
    Don't ring 15xx numbers and few mobiles - but their rates are ok.

Generally the bills comes to around 20 euro a month for calls - most of which are mobiles, 189x numbers and the odd international call.

My only problem with Euphony is that you are still tied to eircon for line rental - which means that you don't quite save so much. However other providers are starting to bring in similar services so I am thinking of changing.

Currently my monthly outlay for line rental, calls and BB is 25+10+39=74 +about 10 worth for other calls but BT are currently offering the same thing for 63 so I am considering a change.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

euphony is very good. i know many many people that use this service and everyones happy. my cousin registered my dads business lines on euphony and he says in the 1st month he saved over 1 grand.

thats loads as he only has 8 lines in his business.thats a saving of over €125 a line each month.

eircom are ripping people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭biggles007

dublindude wrote:
    Hey,

I am strongly considering moving phone provider to Euphony. For €10 a month you can ring any landline in Ireland for free (as long as it is under 60 minutes per call.)

Is anyone else using these guys?
    Are they for real?

Seems like a great deal.

Thanks
    Steve

Euphony r 4 real. I'm with them 4 more than 6 months. Eircom robbed me 4 40 years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

I can tell you that they went bankrupt, now they have been taken over by a big american buisness man, its offer is unbelieveable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smeggle

I was with this crowd for a while till they breached the contract I made with them. Support is terrible and thats if you can even get through!

Also check any itemised bill you get for any 1800 or the eircon 1901 free phone numbers. I found them charging on my bill for these numbers which is technically illegal as they are freephoone numbers.

other than that the 10euro is a real deal but only if you call other landlines nationally. They did get pissy about a 'Free' internet cheat some guy's were using. server has to be a local or national number. log on for 59mins and then log off and relog on over and over (dial up useres). because of there 60min rule dial up internet was free. They found out though and put a stop to it - oh well was good while it lasted.

but yeah watch your bills for the free phone charging ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Euphony are excellent, not only have our phone bills dropped from around 300/mnth (with eircon) to 60/mnth (euphony), but there are ways around the internet charges as well.

We switched and then were told that you could use elive for internet as it has local rate (01, 021...). elive got rid of that after a while and started using an 1892 number instead. But I found an ISP that still uses a local rate number so my internet access is completly free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Entrepreneur

I have been with euphony now for 2 years and had bills of 180 a month before I changed and now my bills are around 25 to 35 a month.
    I can ring all over Ireland 24 hours a day every day for a tenner a month.
    Its a no brainer.

I was put on the service by a friend of a friend.
    Dont have his number but I think his website is
    www.euphonyfree.com
    As far as I know this guy travels all over Ireland putting people on the service.
    I think he can also set you up if you want to promote euphony yourself and get paid for it.

Entrepreneur

Advertisement