Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So anyone going to the European Cup final?

• 05-05-2005 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to sort out tickets at the moment, but it's not looking good. A tour company looks like the best option but at €1500 for 2 nights it's a kick in the arse. Still reckon I'll fork it over though, but I'm not sure any of my mates will.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Interesting BBC article here - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4516861.stm

"Uefa is to distribute 14,500 tickets to its European football family for what is expected to be Turkey's biggest sporting event."

What a disgrace

[Edit] That is ON TOP of the 7,500 "UEFA Website" tickets and the 7,500 "Turkish FA" tickets. [/Edit]

This is f*ckin outrageous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'd imagine 90% of them will end up in the tout's hands too. But considering the price that tickets alone were going for before the semi-final, €1550, isn't as bad as it could be.

Yeah I'd say go for it ASAP, cos they aint gonna be around too long.

Enjoy the night, I sincerely hope the pool win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭SteM

I'm trying to sort out tickets at the moment, but it's not looking good. A tour company looks like the best option but at €1500 for 2 nights it's a kick in the arse. Still reckon I'll fork it over though, but I'm not sure any of my mates will.

€1500 for 2 nights! I honestly don't think I'd have it in me to fork over that sort of money, surely you'll have a better night with your mates down the pub or wherever if the Liverpool win it? I guess Liverpool fans are unlucky that they got to the final in a year where it's in a bit of an inaccessible place.

After I missed out on Barcelona in '99 (I'd just come back from New York and was stone broke) myself and my best mate started putting away £40 a month into an account in case United get into the CL final. The amount is still growing and it doesn't look like we'll get to spend it any time soon ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Here are two cheap ways to go...

1 week in turkey for €350.Includes flight and accom to BODRUM which about a 3hour drive from Istanbul.

FLIGHT DATE:Sunday 22 May 2005

TO:Bodrum

DURATION:7 Nights

ACCOMMODATION: Destan Hotel
    Gumbet , Turkey , ,
    TWIN ROOM MAX 3

DEPARTURE DETAILS: Sun May 22, 2005

RETURN DETAILS: Sun May 29, 2005

Or you could do this...Lyon to Istanbul 23rd to 26th of May €257.26!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Aer lingus fly to Lyon for nothing

• Advertisement

Tickets might be a huge problem then though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If I get tickets, Bodrum is definately the top option - I've been there before and it's a good laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

i've got tickets already. Just lookin for flights, theres gonna be loads of flights in the liverpool papers in the next few days goin out that mornin so i'l prob book one of them and then go to liverpool the night before. Heard the flights are gonna be about 200-250 sterling. not bad really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Dub13 wrote:
    Here are two cheap ways to go...

1 week in turkey for €350.Includes flight and accom to BODRUM which about a 3hour drive from Istanbul.

FLIGHT DATE:Sunday 22 May 2005

TO:Bodrum

DURATION:7 Nights

ACCOMMODATION: Destan Hotel
    Gumbet , Turkey , ,
    TWIN ROOM MAX 3

DEPARTURE DETAILS: Sun May 22, 2005

RETURN DETAILS: Sun May 29, 2005

Whos this with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Did anybody else apply for the neutral tickets on the UEFA website? I applied and it said that my credit card would not be charged unless you will be getting tickets, mine has been charged but I have to wait until tomorrow to hear for definite. If anybody else applied has their credit card been charged? I do not want to get my hope up in case they just charge everybody's and refund the money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Did anybody else apply for the neutral tickets on the UEFA website? I applied and it said that my credit card would not be charged unless you will be getting tickets, mine has been charged but I have to wait until tomorrow to hear for definite. If anybody else applied has their credit card been charged? I do not want to get my hope up in case they just charge everybody's and refund the money
    Not positive but think they may charge everyone upfront - it'd mean that when they make the draw they only allocate tickets to people who they could obtain funds from. Also it'd mean they could generate a huge amount on the interest from all the tickets :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Stekelly wrote:
    Whos this with?

Budget Travel

www.budgettravel.ie/

Dub13 wrote:
    Or you could do this...Lyon to Istanbul 23rd to 26th of May €257.26!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Aer lingus fly to Lyon for nothing

Trying to sort out my options here, who is the lyon - istanbul flight with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭SteM

I got tickets for the final at OT in the lottery from UEFA a few years ago and I'm almost sure that back then they only charged the cards of people who actually got tickets. Can't be 100% sure though, sorry.

I got tickets! :D

A mate of mine and myself both applied in the hope that one of us would get tickets and we both could go but now both of us got them! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Whats your address incase I need to check the tickets for their authenticity :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

A mate of mine and myself both applied in the hope that one of us would get tickets and we both could go but now both of us got them!

Does this mean you have 2 spare? ;)

Dub13 wrote:

Who are those flights with?

cruiserweight, you selling the spare tickets? go on, ill be your friend. pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

Stekelly wrote:
    cruiserweight, you selling the spare tickets? go on, ill be your friend. pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

Sorry but they are gone to another friend! I had problems getting flights and accomodation though, they cost a fortune!

• Advertisement
Advertisement