Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIGPO - Notify

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

And you never even answered my Question by pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Yea!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

And you never even answered my Question by pm.
    I think I'll leave it to the audience to answer:
    1. In fresh Prince of Belair, Who has Jungle fever?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

You should remember only admins can edit sigs.

Er, SMods can alter sigs too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Agent Smith does not have a quote in his sig.
    No more than you have an actual pint of Guinness Biko.
    Both are merely jpegs.

• Advertisement

FuzzyLogic wrote: »
    Agent Smith does not have a quote in his sig.
    No more than you have an actual pint of Guinness Biko.
    Both are merely jpegs.
    I know this.
    The reason for quotes not being allowed in sig is that they disrupt the flow of the thread, looking like a post.
    For this reason also an image of a quote will have the same effect.
    Anyway, we'll let The Powers decide.

biko wrote: »
    The reason for quotes not being allowed in sig is that they disrupt the flow of the thread, looking like a post.
    For this reason also an image of a quote will have the same effect.

Then why don't you turn off sigs? You know you can do that right? And not look like that kid in the front of the class. I don't think many people have problems with sigs these days, in fact it really is only upon rare occasion now you find one that is offensive or actually in some way disrupting stuff. You seem to nit pick a lot and almost go out of your way to find sig's that are just a pixel or two bigger than they need to be. Most of the rules were thought back when few people had broadband and some peoples sig's were just taking the mickey. But these days there really isint much of that and there are enough smods and admins floating about it can be quickly snipped.

I'll be sure to send a few tubes of KY down to Galway for christmas for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

And not look like that kid in the front of the class.

Have you been reading my witty tags? :p

Then why don't you turn off sigs? You know you can do that right? And not look like that kid in the front of the class. I don't think many people have problems with sigs these days, in fact it really is only upon rare occasion now you find one that is offensive or actually in some way disrupting stuff. You seem to nit pick a lot and almost go out of your way to find sig's that are just a pixel or two bigger than they need to be. Most of the rules were thought back when few people had broadband and some peoples sig's were just taking the mickey. But these days there really isint much of that and there are enough smods and admins floating about it can be quickly snipped.

I'll be sure to send a few tubes of KY down to Galway for christmas for you.

I have already answered this before in this very thread but here goes again.

The reason you don't see much sig2big is because of the PMs sent out by the sigpo every day to users with quotes, animations, massive, offensive sigs. 99% of users immediately change or remove their sig themselves when asked.
    Also I personally let a lot slide unless the sig is attention whoring.

The only complaining I hear is from posters that don't want to change their sigs and then get them removed.
    The SMods and admins approve of the sigpos, why can't you?

Why are you a mod? Because you want to help out. So do I, if you have issues with this, start a feedback thread or PM an admin...

Btw, you hang on to those tubes for when "Mod of the year" comes around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭minime1

The reason you don't see much sig2big is because of the PMs sent out by the sigpo every day to users with quotes, animations, massive, offensive sigs. 99% of users immediately change or remove their sig themselves when asked.

The only complaining I hear is from posters that don't want to change their sigs and then get them removed.

Why are you a mod? Because you want to help out. So do I, if you have issues with this, start a feedback thread or PM an admin...

Xavi didn't get a pm!
    Wincest is best was appointed as mod! You're self-appointed as a sigpo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

I personally let a lot slide
    spice girl lyrics removed due to complaint. Apologies, it was intended to be taken in good humour :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ah lads grow the **** up will you. The Admins/Smods have clearly approved the sigpo system and anybody is allowed help out. If you dont like it, thats your tough look. Stick to the sig rules, and you wont have a bloody problem. Simple as that. Stop your whining and complaining like the bully boy kids at the back of the class. :rolleyes:

biko & co; Keep up the good work. I think most people on this site appreciate the time and effort you put into keeping sigs from looking stupid and gawdy. The admins/smods clearly have no issue with you or else they wouldnt remove sigs on request.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

minime1 wrote: »
    Wincest is best was appointed as mod! You're self-appointed as a sigpo!

I'm appointing you minime1 as a sigpo with all the rights and powers that position entails i.e. none.

Biko just volunteers to find out who the offenders are and usually notifies them and if they don't change their sig, he notifies the admins. He has no power to change people's sigs.

There's a standard template there for notifying someone. AFAIK biko enjoys no special status and if anyone wants to do the sigpo job, I'm sure they can.

As mentioned already, sigpo has admin support.

@FuzzyLogic. He said he'd let a lot slide but that song is way over the line. Report for personal abuse... of my eyes. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Give it a rest please. This thread is for reporting only. Start a thread on Feedback for anything else.

For anyone wishing to discuss the rules of sigs, please join the discussion here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055068591

Mods are asked to mod while sigpo volunteer. I got Ruu's blessing to do sigpo work, can't speak for any other though.

minime1, Xavi has been in and out of this thread for a long time and should be well aware of what goes. Hell, I've been reported too and so has the starter of this thread, Raphael :D

Actually. Reason it was brought in in the first place, this was before your time too, was because there was actually no real set of rules on boards about signatures. Excessive ones that were noticed were taken care of by admins when needed. However in those days boards was a lot smaller and only a handful of admins had the power to actually take action. Back then people were also mostly using dial up to browse boards so limiting the size did wonders to increase peoples speed.

Today you dont see many large signatures, the reason not being due to your own personal campaign agaisnt what you must see as some sort of screen rape, but as people can easily see the rules and adopt their signatures to suit. The vb page for editing your signature clearly shows the allowed bbcode tags, and font sizes allowed.

I browse boards all day long, as most people do. I sit in chatrooms with boardsie people and its very rare any of us will come across excessive sigs and this is not due to your 'teachers pet' attitude but as rules are now clearly laid out for everyone and if people do break it (Which is rare) there are now enough people browsing the site who have the power to snip it when spotted.

Peoples problems are not with people reporting sigs, it is understandable that when an excessive one is spotted it is the easist way to bring it to the attention of someone with power to remove them. Problems are with you seemingly being so anal as to take it upon yourself to check the sig of every user with a pixel ruler whenever an image is spotted or count lines of text to ensure they fit into old rules laid out when a 50kb image would destroy most of the users of boards as we were all still on 56k modems at the time. You even reported Agent's Smith "breaking the flow of the thread" ... im sorry but jesus h. christ. Get a grip and get off your high horse. You must at least understand that you are like the hall monitor or swot at the front of a class in school. You seem to take something so seriously, too seriously and need to ease up but you don't .. and nearly everyone hates that.

People who want to report signatures nobody really has a problem with. But its when you need a "Family Sized" tube of KY to be used to report it as its a handful of pixels too big, then it gets on peoples balls. I don't like KY dripping onto my balls.

I don't mod to get any recognition, any mod that does is not going to be a good mod. Generally if you mod correctly you will go unnoticed or in the case of some forums, you will be hated.

[oh yea, been writing this since before Ruu posted inbetween work so apologies for still going up after]

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Personal issues to PM tbh. Feedback to Feedback. Reporting sigs (approved by Smods and Admins) here.

Can we do that? Please? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It's a users responsibility to ensure their sig is within the limits, don't expect a PM, if you're lucky you'll get a PM from a SIGPO notifier, if not your sig will simply be deleted. If you don't bother to make sure your sig is ok then we won't bother to let you know it's not ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Hobart

Quote in Sig (the only one I bother PM'ing about these days).

Notified almost 2 weeks ago, still not removed despite acknowledging the violation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Turd Ferguson is advertising Dolmio in his sig.
    Not informed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Birneybau
    Font crazy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Random - Are animated sigs allowed now after all the hullabaloo?

Notified, animated sigs will never be allowed, ever*

*at least not in the near future

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

LOL @ animated spiderpig :D:D:D

bikosig.jpg

spiderpig_animated.gif

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Cabaal wrote: »
    Oh my god, I nearly shít myself. That picture is fúckin' hilarious. Let him keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Oh my god, I nearly shít myself. That picture is fúckin' hilarious. Let him keep it.

thumb_hemanwx6.gif

Yea.. lets hope hes not a regular to the parenting forums

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

+1. Best picture ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Stolen

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement