Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIGPO - Notify

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

snyper wrote: »
    thumb_hemanwx6.gif

Yea.. lets hope hes not a regular to the parenting forums

ROFL !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

I particularly like the black kid in the yellow top. :D

Oh and the nerdy lookin kid with the bowl cut, he looks like he's knashing on it! nyom nyom nyom.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

FuzzyLogic is on the animation bandwagon.

Has managed to fit plenty of gif for his sig.
    Notified.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

livEwirE
    too big
    notified

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

biko wrote: »
    FuzzyLogic is on the animation bandwagon.

Has managed to fit plenty of gif for his sig.
    Notified.
    Thanks for the notification biko, you're such a cool guy! <3
    Unfortunately I don't respond or read non-mod/official pms, unless they're from friends.

Also, I didn't actually set that sig myself, someone is taking the proverbial ¬_¬

FuzzyLogic wrote: »
    Thanks for the notification biko, you're such a cool guy! <3
    I seem to be out of thanks...so:

emoticon-pokemon-001.gifemoticon-pokemon-002.gifemoticon-pokemon-003.gifbounce016.gifemoticon-char-012.gifemoticon-char-017.gifemoticon-char-023.gifemoticon-char-028.gifemoticon-char-027.gifemoticon-cute-004.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Thats a bit mad, isint it.

WhiteGif Power! .o/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Guys c'mon now, why can't we all just cop on. I'm not siding with anyone here so I'll lay this out clearly:

1 - You have an issue with biko and the way he goes about Sigpo, how do we solve that problem? As far as most of us are aware, biko was given a blessing by the admins to clean up sigs. If they want it and don't have a problem with it, why do you?

2 - The general consensus is that animated sigs are bad, mm'kay? While they may be cool on other sites they just don't work on boards as we are too grown up for it. We're smart, we're sophisticated we can do without.

Really I'd like you to try and take this seriously. This thread is hardly the right place to be staging a protest. Why not start a dedicated thread in feedback with your complaints. If you really really want animated sigs (and to be honest I don't think that's the root of the fight da power we're seeing here) then take it to feedback and make it an issue. Let's try and be grown up about things and solve the problems we may have amicably.

• Advertisement

I actually couldn't care less. If I were to pick holes I would say biko reporting someone who's been a member for 7 years and only has 150, with a sig image that is actually smaller in kb than biko's is rather hilarious.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Guys c'mon now, why can't we all just cop on. I'm not siding with anyone here so I'll lay this out clearly:
    Well said. AFAIK, I don't think Biko can actually do anything besides report though. Only Smods/admins can edit sigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Lol at fuzzys sig!

That's one fat ass post :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I always knew that fuzzy boy was no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Well said Kintaro. Can this thread be kept to SIGPO notifications please? I'd rather not ban anyone from feedback but I don't mind dishing out plenty of infractions on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Apologies for this, I think this must be the first ever self reporting, my sig is a good bit too big and I'd just like to ask, how do you resize images from an outside link?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Apologies for this, I think this must be the first ever self reporting, my sig is a good bit too big and I'd just like to ask, how do you resize images from an outside link?

Download it locally and resize it using GIMP or Photoeditor (whatever you have available) and upload it as a image for your sig?

Untitled_1_7.jpg

• Advertisement

Thank you. And since I am very, very stupid, would you mind telling me how to upload it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

pickuplines2ci9.png

That's it resized to max sigpo size.

Edit not great is it?

Thank you. And since I am very, very stupid, would you mind telling me how to upload it?
    1. Right click the image I posted, click 'Save Image As...' and save it to your pc wherever you like
    2. Go here to edit your signature: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editsignature
    3. Just below the input box is a form to upload an image, browse to the saved image and upload.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Copy this to your sig:

[noparse]Untitled_1_7.jpg[/noparse]

Hagar wrote: »
    pickuplines2ci9.png

That's it resized to max sigpo size.

Edit not great is it?
    Tis, but to be honest, the tickers are longer than 300px, and I'd find your sig image more obtrusive than that one slightly over limits.

Ah Problem:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Mirror wrote: »
    Tis, but to be honest, the tickers are longer than 300px, and I'd find your sig image more obtrusive than that one slightly over limits.
    Although longer the tickers are much smaller overall.

Why is my sig obtrusive? Genuine question BTW.

Success! Thanks all. I do wonder why I'm not allowed to upload images though.

Also, is that an ok size?

Hagar wrote: »
    Although longer the tickers are much smaller overall.

Why is my sig obtrusive? Genuine question BTW.
    It's not that I find your sig particularly obtrusive, I'm very used to it in fact :) But in comparison to Jack Sheehans now resized sig, I suppose due to the colour for the most part, yours stands out more to me.

I only said this from the point of view of the SIGPO's argument about sig2bigs breaking up the flow of a thread. Simply put, I don't mind either at all, but would be saddened with anyone that bothered to take issue with Jacks...

• Advertisement

Success! Thanks all. I do wonder why I'm not allowed to upload images though.
    I think sig image upload is a subscriber feature.
    the wthax link is for boards image hosting so it's fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement