Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIGPO - Notify

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Any thoughts on your own sig? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I recall. It's still centered though. Otherwise ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,826 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Advertisement

dceire PMd already earlier
    What's wrong with Forky? Besides centering?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Is this sig legal because I'd like to get a jazzy one like it:)

blacknight-forum-sig.gif

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=3015

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Animated gif.. probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Animated gif.. probably not.

Its also super ghey.

No animations allowed anywhere

Sabotage is not wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

animated sig HERE

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

copacetic wrote: »
    violator13 PMd

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=46828

Sig2Big. Notified in thread.

EDIT: Resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=26405

Sig2big. Rather annoying too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Not normally one to rat people out, but this guys one is just annoying.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=45044

smurph warned for knowingly breaking the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

muffler told me to come here and see if my sig is too big....

is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

YES! Stop with all the space between the text! Land grabber. :)

For text signatures: 4 lines normal size OR 8 lines small size, and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. Do not use the [.quote] [./quote] tags.
    For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size. No animated images are allowed.

• Advertisement

but your sig has three images?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Yes, mike65's sig violates the exact rule he decided to quote, which, in effect, makes his post useless.

In practice, the rules aren't enforced too strictly if a sig is marginally over the limit.

The general rule that applies in almost all cases is that if a sig isn't overly intrusive, it isn't viewed as a problem. The height of a sig is more significant than it's width. Taking your sig as an example, due to all the spaces you've added, your post takes up over twice as much space on a page than a 'legal' sig. And if 40 posts per page had something similar, the page would become over twice the length to scroll and read, and be much more difficult to glance through quickly, hence the importance of the image height.

Centred sigs are generally not allowed either as it can break the flow of the thread (ie. more difficult to read at a fairly quick pace) if text is all over the place with the various sigs of 40 posters per page.

Remove the large amount of spaces between the images and text lines and left justify and your sig shouldn't be a problem. Ultimately, the decision lies with the SMods, but they do appear to take quite a reasoned view of marginal violations.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,091 ✭✭✭✭muffler

cast_iron wrote: »
    Yes, mike65's sig violates the exact rule he decided to quote, which, in effect, makes his post useless.
    Oh shit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Yikes - never thought I'd find myself reporting a sig to the sigpo - I nearly hate myself for doing so. But here it is ...

RoyalMarineComm

Soooo many levels. Referrid in sig. Linking to a rapidshare forum. And to really make it obvious: "want to download your favourite movies and tv shows and so much more?"

[edit]Poster not informed cos I can't be arsed :p

is this size ok?..

I'll take out the pics in a second i forgot to, but is it absolutely necessary to left-align my sig. It looks so much cooler this way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

cast_iron wrote: »

In practice, the rules aren't enforced too strictly if a sig is marginally over the limit.

The general rule that applies in almost all cases is that if a sig isn't overly intrusive, it isn't viewed as a problem. The height of a sig is more significant than it's width

QFT!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Seriously? Takes up half the bleedin' page.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=31270 - Advertising in sig but not with a text link.

Not notified.

S.I.R infracted for knowingly breaking the rules.

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    S.I.R infracted for knowingly breaking the rules.

You know the sig still violates, right?

Also, since when did Sigpo mods give out infractions for sig violations?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement