Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIGPO - Notify

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

ironic, innit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Shabadu wrote:
    Link to ando: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=3306

Personally, I think it's adorable and funny. Then again, i'm a mum.

I'm a dad. If that's his kid fair enough. If not why publish a naked pic of someone else's child. It's just not right.

At what age does a naked photo of a kid stop being cute and start being offensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Hagar wrote:
    At what age does a naked photo of a kid stop being cute and start being offensive?
    I think it has less to do with age and more to do with circumstance. The picture in the sig looks perfectly inocent to me, although I do understand your point.

Have you sent him/her a PM to find out?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Goodshape wrote:
    Have you sent him/her a PM to find out?
    asl? :eek: :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Hagar wrote:
    I'm a dad. If that's his kid fair enough. If not why publish a naked pic of someone else's child. It's just not right.

Why exactly?

No idea. What age is the kid in the picture?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Here's the only request I made of Ando. There has been no repsonse as yet, he's probably off collecting his car from the garage.

[URL] http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=3286707#post3286707[/URL]

No I haven't pm'ed him. I asked the question publically, after all the sig is in public. I don't want to get into a private situation with anyone on Boards. And other than the FS forum I believe there is no need for privacy.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

There's plenty of need for privacy on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=38032
    mobilyinfancy
    notified now and before.
    Hasnt changed it.
    Think this might be his 3rd time up?

First of all, thats an insult. Why play a pun on my name?

Second of all, you are lying? No-one has ever pm'd me to ask for to change my sig, i didn't really notice it was that big.

I challenge you, and I mean it, to take a screenshot proving you "notified" me and were satisfied I received it.

You have never once pm'd me.

Explain then, how its my 3rd time up? I'd also love to know how you said "Notified now and before"

You do realise a PM has to be sent to warn me? Otherwise, do you think that I'm supposed to actually just get a physic message about it? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Good to see you have a sense of humour...

"notified now and before.
    Hasnt changed it.
    Think this might be his 3rd time up?"

Linkies: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=3270721&postcount=271
    (BTW: where did I say I notified you?)
    read: "think"

BTW Whats a physic message?

Well fuzzy, thanks for the link, but Louville also failed to notify me.

Again, was I supposed to somehow magically know that he stated this?

(Not giving out to you understand, sorry for any previous misunderstanding)

I mean seriously, its time people copped on. Fair enough, my image was too big, and was removed, I've no problem with that whatsoever. Ill resize it later.

And as for Louville, suggesting a temp ban is way out of line. Notice how he never has suggested that for another user and seems to always take the buscuit when it comes to me, simply because I gave my opionions on gay people quite some time ago.

I have been notified ONCE about my sig, and that was about a vastly different and much older sig which I immediately changed.

Other then that, I've heard nothing.

Its about time the mods actually told people to either send the person a goddam pm or keep out of it...suggesting that someone be given a temp ban and whinging about their sig without bothering to actually raise the issue to the user in question is just pointless.

/end rant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

I'm sick of your flip-flopping. 'Mods are powertripping' on After Hours, then whinging that the mods should 'either send the person a goddam pm or keep out of it' on feedback.

'It's about time'<--- if you're so used to the way Boards runs and so knowledgeable about it you should know the signature rules. You were pm'd about it before. If you knew where they were, and what they were, then why shouldn't you be temp banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

go Shabadu

Have to agree with shabby-doo here.

And Boston has every right to want you banned. Anyone remember the "me > gay people" tagline you used to have? (sorry for staying OT)

Its only a signature. So what if you broke the rules twice?

As of 14:14, the world is still spinning.

Shabadu wrote:
    I'm sick of your flip-flopping. 'Mods are powertripping' on After Hours, then whinging that the mods should 'either send the person a goddam pm or keep out of it' on feedback.

'It's about time'<--- if you're so used to the way Boards runs and so knowledgeable about it you should know the signature rules. You were pm'd about it before. If you knew where they were, and what they were, then why shouldn't you be temp banned?

Did I say mods? No. I said USERS. Do you not agree its absolutely useless having people complain about signatures in a thread without actually bringing it to their attention. I'd find it a tad silly if you were to disagree with this. Users with signuatures that are not freakishly over-sized need to be told if they are to change.

And I made *one* opininated comment on a thread created by someone else on the AH thread about mods, in your words " mods are power-tripping". Note how you coined this phrase yourself.

Also, I suppose you think everyone who posted on that thread is a whiner like me? After all, is boards a dictator state, or a user opinionated community?

As for the me>gay people, that was very temp, and a joke, in the same vein, what gives YOU the right to call me names that constitute personal abuse? And in your case I might add, you have had to personal arguement with me but seem happy to apply insults wherever you see fit.

Don't forget it was Louville you insistantly insists I am a closet Homo with repressed feelings for men. He even had the balls to claim some of my creative writing was homosexually repressed. But of course, you guys take that with a pinch of salt. I so much crack one comment and I'm slammed.

I'm not making excuses for myself, I'm not denying the fact I was in breach of guidlines.

Maybe you two need to re-read a few charters as well, before you make such comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

hahah everyone knows creative writing is full of sh!t :rolleyes:

As for the me>gay people, that was very temp, and a joke, in the same vein, what gives YOU the right to call me names that constitute personal abuse? And in your case I might add, you have had to personal arguement with me but seem happy to apply insults wherever you see fit.//Maybe you two need to re-read a few charters as well, before you make such comments.
    Personal abuse?
    For changing 2 letters in your nickname?
    Ok, lets say that me calling you mobileinfancy twice is a 'joke'.
    Or, tbh. If it emotionally affects you in such a way that it does constitute personal abuse, I'll stop. Perhaps I underestimate peoples tolerance for light hearted humor and/or their 'abused' minds.

I, FuzzyLogic (real name, Peter) do heartfully[1] and truthfully apologise to you, MobileInfantry. I am honestly sorry. I didnt realise you would get hung up on this.

[1]may not be true

1. What did you edit?
    2. Of course Boston can get away with it he is a much nicer person.
    3. Most homophobes are closet homosexuals?
    4. Do you wear a blinfold during sex? Just so you don't have to see your girlfriends, supposedly femine features? Does it help you? Is that why you like anal so much? So you don't see her face? well?

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Personal abuse?
    For changing 2 letters in your nickname?
    Ok, lets say that me calling you mobileinfancy twice is a 'joke'.
    Or, tbh. If it emotionally affects you in such a way that it does constitute personal abuse, I'll stop. Perhaps I underestimate peoples tolerance for light hearted humor and/or their 'abused' minds.

I, FuzzyLogic (real name, Peter) do heartfully[1] and truthfully apologise to you, MobileInfantry. I am honestly sorry. I didnt realise you would get hung up on this.

[1]may not be true

I was rather pointing out that abuse is abuse, regardless of your preconceived notions of how offensive siad comment is, not really looking for such a heartwarming apology.

But I MobileInfantry (Real name, David) thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I know when to draw the line, and its at personnal abuse. You guys could stay on topic, not so much you fuzzy, but shadadu. Rather then blow things out of porportion by making up your own taglines "Mods are power tripping", which was coined solely by yours truly.

People have opinions Shadadu, whether you like it or not - if it doesn't implie personnal abuse, its within the intended nature of the entire community you have to deal with them.

Did I say mods? No. I said USERS.
    Do you not agree its absolutely useless having people complain about signatures in a thread without actually bringing it to their attention. I'd find it a tad silly if you were to disagree with this. Users with signuatures that are not freakishly over-sized need to be told if they are to change.

You absolute moron. Why should you have to be notified of the rules again?

So, then, every time you break them we just have to pm you again? You were told once. It's not anyone's fault but your own that you don't have the cranial capacity to hold a few simple pieces of information.
    And I made *one* opininated comment on a thread created by someone else on the AH thread about mods, in your words " mods are power-tripping".

Oh, so it doesn't count because you only said it once?

Er, how does that work? You're a cócktard, MobileInfantry! I only said it once though, don't get offended.

Note how you coined this phrase yourself.

Duly Noted.

Also, I suppose you think everyone who posted on that thread is a whiner like me? After all, is boards a dictator state, or a user opinionated community?

It's a dictatorship, of course. the people on this thread are trying to make the dictators life a little easier.

As for the me>gay people, that was very temp, and a joke, in the same vein, what gives YOU the right to call me names that constitute personal abuse? And in your case I might add, you have had to personal arguement with me but seem happy to apply insults wherever you see fit.

I know this is directed at FuzzyLogic, but seriously. It was ok for you to say something completely predjudiced because it was short lived and a 'joke', but if Fuzzy refers to jokingly as Mobileinfancy it's a mortal insult?

Here's your handbag, dearie.
    Don't forget it was Louville you insistantly insists I am a closet Homo with repressed feelings for men. He even had the balls to claim some of my creative writing was homosexually repressed. But of course, you guys take that with a pinch of salt. I so much crack one comment and I'm slammed.

Hmmm, I see what you're saying Boston.
    Maybe you two need to re-read a few charters as well, before you make such comments.

Why?

1. What did you edit?
    2. Of course Boston can get away with it he is a much nicer person.
    3. Most homophobes are closet homosexuals?
    4. Do you wear a blinfold during sex? Just so you don't have to see your girlfriends, supposedly femine features? Does it help you? Is that why you like anal so much? So you don't see her face? well?

I added my comment about Louville constantly suggesting that I'm a closet homosexual.

As for your fact number 3, thanks for your opinion.

Regarding fact number 4, post reported for totally unconstructive material that is quite frankly offending and based on nothing but...your own mind, actually, however it works with regards to fantasy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Understand-Panda.jpg

ftw

You guys could stay on topic, not so much you fuzzy, but shadadu. Rather then blow things out of porportion by making up your own taglines "Mods are power tripping", which was coined solely by yours truly.

People have opinions Shadadu, whether you like it or not - if it doesn't implie personnal abuse, its within the intended nature of the entire community you have to deal with them.

Oh do be quiet, petal.

I coined the phrase? No. I paraphrased I sentiment I recall you using.

Now, do try to stop bringing some psycho analytical nonsense into it. I don't necessarily see any mods as powertripping, I'm friends with some, and not so friendly with others, just like the relationships I have with the non-mods. We're all just people at the end of the day.

Now lets get back to the 'Is MI gay?' Psycho analytical nonsense.

I never said it doesn't count. But in your post referring to yourself as "sick of my whining" about "Shadadus own phrase", you seemed to implie I was lambasting mods on a daily basis. I actually commented on that thread very, very shortly before you posted, with my own opionion, and also said "I think most of the mods are excellent"

It's not like I made whining a 24 hour experience for a few lucky users, unless you actually enjoy a good argument with yours truly.

As regards the PM to advise issue, fine. I'm not going to argue that one any further, I know I was wrong, thats fine with me, everything is okay now.

Regarding abuse, I never said mine was inoffensive. I know it was - hence I removed it when I knew it had gone beyond the realm of a joke. Just because I made an offensive comment, doesn't make other abuse pale in significance.
    I'm eagerly awaiting your comment on Louville insistance that I am a gay, insulting my writing as gay, and suggesting my drawings show my repressed gay feelings - after all, its insulting, but seeing as its directed at me, I guess that's fine by you, thats indeed how everyone else seems to think in any case. Now I wonder what would happen to me if I posted insisting another user was gay, insulting his hard work as gay, and more. Temp ban, as good old Louville suggested himself?

As for you Matthewthebig, if you have something constructive, I welcome in. In the meantime keep - yes, they ARE insults, I take great offense at something directed at my girlfriends and I's sexual relationship in that vein - to yourself, or maybe write them all down on paper so maybe someday you can write a book of your homosexual conspiracies. :)

Wouldn't be a book so more as a thesis on you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Wouldn't be a book so more as a thesi on you

Whats a thesi?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

God lads it was just a signature chill out!

Hobart wrote:
    Whats a thesi?
    thesis. my mistake

MI: whats wrong with being gay?
    Does it offend you greatly that lots of people think youre gay because of your posts and drawings? It shouldn't really.

(to the thunderdome!)

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    MI: whats wrong with being gay?
    Does it offend you greatly that lots of people think youre gay because of your posts and drawings? It shouldn't really.

(to the thunderdome!)

In short, I don't like being accused of being something I am not. Yes, it bothers me. Now, this is feedback thread, can we please stay away from the senseless arguing and go back on topic and for the intended purpose - reporting (and notifying users of I may add ;) ) over-sized sigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Jesus H. Allah shut UP!

He's changed his sig and he knows the rules now (even though he may have before), please lets not keep dragging this thread from the tail of a hippo running through a mudpit.. or something.

This thread is for reporting users that have been notified by PM from a member of boards.ie of the current sigrules - as contained in the sigpo notify thread: first post (please read). If you have followed the notify thread properly and wish to report a user for sig violation then post here (presuming you have waited the stated amount of hours after notification as per notify thread).

If you guys want to discuss this and general sigpo stuff then please use the other thread, coz I don't read that anymore.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement