Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIGPO - Notify

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

That one is fantastic, and has to be worth preserving:
    leaguecup0105296474.jpg

star-pants wrote: »
    ...and this one:
    39405958034.jpgin1075971254.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

There's an awful lot of text here:
    Wazdakka

This:
    The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think that it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly coloured, and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question - is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us. They say 'Hey! Don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride.' And we...kill those people. Ha ha ha. 'Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride. SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and family. This just has to be real.' It's just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter because: it's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings, and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Rovi wrote: »
    There's an awful lot of text here:
    Wazdakka

This:
    The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think that it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly coloured, and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question - is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us. They say 'Hey! Don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride.' And we...kill those people. Ha ha ha. 'Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride. SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and family. This just has to be real.' It's just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter because: it's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings, and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love.

It was 8 words over the 8 line allowance ffs..
    There have got to be picture sigs within the allowance that take up more space..
    I'm contesting this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Technically the sig is too big, you can argue the number of lines varies depending on page width, but essentially the sig has 1094 characters. If this was 8 lines it would have an average of 136 chars per line, above the 90 char limit.

I'd never read a sig that big tbh, smaller text sigs are much more effective, or maybe that's just me.

Gordon wrote: »
    Technically the sig is too big, you can argue the number of lines varies depending on page width, but essentially the sig has 1094 characters. If this was 8 lines it would have an average of 136 chars per line, above the 90 char limit.

I'd never read a sig that big tbh, smaller text sigs are much more effective, or maybe that's just me.

It's as small as I can make it :(

All I'm saying is that I don't think it's entirely fair given that some legal sigs take up more space.
    But fair enough..
    It's not my site and Rules is rules and all, if you want to enforce them like that...

• Advertisement

Wazdakka wrote: »
    It's as small as I can make it :(

All I'm saying is that I don't think it's entirely fair given that some legal sigs take up more space.
    Report them! :)
    But fair enough..
    It's not my site and Rules is rules and all, if you want to enforce them like that...
    If you look at the area of that text sig, find out how many pixels it would encompass if it was an image, it would be massive. One of the reasons for not going overboard on size is due to thread flow. People scrolling to read posts will be flow-disturbed by a large sig.

It's not that we want to enforce them, I don't particularly want to snip sigs, but there has got to be a cut off point right? There must be some point where you say - OK, this is too big. And we've got to have precise definitions of 'big' so that we can work this on a big scale. And boy is boards big!

Report them! :)
    Not my style.. :)

I'm glad there was feedback tho..
    Cheers for that,

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Yep - it's too high

Another Utd sig thats too big

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=41453

• Registered Users Posts: 82,822 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=291714

Also can I just say that SIGPO should not be part of Feedback, it should have its own Sys Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=291714

Also can I just say that SIGPO should not be part of Feedback, it should have its own Sys Forum.
    But it would just be the one thread on the one forum wouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Modified Sig. Now within Cloud's limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Magnus wrote: »

Should I have recieved a pm?
    Found this when searching my name (F5, F5!).

Fixed.

Read my sig mate :p

I saw it last year but thought it was only up until Christmas so let it slide.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,822 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

But it would just be the one thread on the one forum wouldn't it?
    Yes but it would prevent cat bans from interfering with my Hall Monitoring duties.

Also: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=26702 sig2big.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Magnus wrote: »
    Read my sig mate :p

I saw it last year but thought it was only up until Christmas so let it slide.

Cool.
    The first post should really be updated.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

ShoulderChip

Way way to long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement