Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIGPO - Notify

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

at 383 pixels in height, this exceeds the limit of 125 pixels.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=69985
    Actually misread the pixel reading. Image just inside the limit

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Could someone please clarify something for me here, i had my sig removed, i wasn't sent a PM by the reporter, which going by the OP you are suppossed to do before reporting, and it was also removed instantly, and not given the 48hour period to change.

Could someone please send me a link to my widget that i had for my flikr site (which was my sig) as i don't know what site it was from....

Also why was one persons sig left untouched after being reported after mines?

Could someone please clarify something for me here, i had my sig removed, i wasn't sent a PM by the reporter, which going by the OP you are suppossed to do before reporting, and it was also removed instantly, and not given the 48hour period to change.

Could someone please send me a link to my widget that i had for my flikr site (which was my sig) as i don't know what site it was from....

Also why was one persons sig left untouched after being reported after mines?

I think the silence here speaks volumes....... i am still waiting on a link to my sig widget and also waiting on a answer as to why, 1 persons sig was untouched after being reported?

The people who remove the sigs are extremly quick to remove them but not to quick in anwsering my questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hi there, I'm a bit astounded by your remark on silence speaking volumes. This is not a discussion thread, I said earlier on this thread:
    Gordon wrote: »
    Guys can you stick to the topic and report sigs only on this thread, it's not a discussion thread. I've removed the off topic posts, this is a warning to stay on topic and quit trolling, thanks.

This is not the place for discussing signature rules or processes, please make sure you backup your signature if it is important to you. I snip sigs and I will not keep a copy of it, you should have a copy yourself. If it is a flickr widget then it exists on the flickr website.

However, as the first post isn't quite clear on the ever changing process of this thread - I'll amend the first post to be more precise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

2 images putting it over the width limit, not notified.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=212453

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Insults another user with their sig

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=188627

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=180458

sig2big - far to much text. I keep mistaking it for part of a post!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Kasabian
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=84775
    Too much text, wouldn't have minded but it's bolded to stick out more.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

PM sent but no action taken by user.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=32078

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

TheZohan wrote: »

I think up to 8 lines in the small size is allowed...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Nulty - sig2big

Image is 147px high and padded by four lines (including spacers) of Size 2 text underneath.

I know it isnt for discussing this sigpo thread but please read the OP before posting in here, your supposed to notify the person whos sig is infringing, everyone makes mistakes your supposed to post if you have notified the person in your post.....

P.S. happened to me recently had my sig deleted without warning, thats why the little rant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I know it isnt for discussing this sigpo thread but please read the OP before posting in here, your supposed to notify the person whos sig is infringing, everyone makes mistakes your supposed to post if you have notified the person in your post.....

P.S. happened to me recently had my sig deleted without warning, thats why the little rant.

You might want to re-read it
    If, however, you decide not to send a PM, please link their profile on this thread and write "have not sent warning PM" to keep an admin informed. Otherwise, if you just link to a profile an Admin will presume you have not informed the user and will snip the sig when they get to it.

you just proved me right how many posts above have stated if the person has been informed or not???

He actually has a point, personally I never knew that people were supposed to pm the user before posting here or to state they hadn't.

It appears 90% of the sigpo reports here haven't been following that procedure and peoples sigs are snipped without them being given a chance to resolve it themselves.

For clarity I believe this is a typo by gordon and he meant the opposite:
    Otherwise, if you just link to a profile an Admin will presume you have not informed the user and will snip the sig when they get to it.

you just proved me right how many posts above have stated if the person has been informed or not???
    copacetic wrote: »
    He actually has a point, personally I never knew that people were supposed to pm the user before posting here or to state they hadn't.

It appears 90% of the sigpo reports here haven't been following that procedure and peoples sigs are snipped without them being given a chance to resolve it themselves.

For clarity I believe this is a typo by gordon and he meant the opposite:

You don't have to send a PM, read what it says again, especially the bit that is in bold
    If, however, you decide not to send a PM, please link their profile on this thread and write "have not sent warning PM" to keep an admin informed. Otherwise, if you just link to a profile an Admin will presume you have not informed the user and will snip the sig when they get to it.

Ideally people would send PM's but people stopped doing it because they were getting abuse for it

So instead they link to the profile and the Admins snip the sigs when they see them

As stated in the opening post of this thread, I don't think it is a typo as that is the way the process has been working for the last while

You don't have to send a PM, read what it says again, especially the bit that is in bold

Ideally people would send PM's but people stopped doing it because they were getting abuse for it

So instead they link to the profile and the Admins snip the sigs when they see them

As stated in the opening post of this thread, I don't think it is a typo as that is the way the process has been working for the last while

hmm, maybe Gordon can confirm, as the wording contradicts itself. i.e if you have followed the first instruction below, the second is redundant unless it is a typo.

Either way people aren't following the procedure, as if they haven't sent a PM they are supposed to state it and very few do so. I understand they don't have to send a pm, hence the bit about saying if you have or not.

copacetic wrote: »
    hmm, maybe Gordon can confirm, as the wording contradicts itself.

Either way people aren't following the procedure, as if they haven't sent a PM they are supposed to state it and very few do so. I understand they don't have to send a pm, hence the bit about saying if you have or not.

I take the last part bolded above to imply that a PM doesn't have to be sent and doesn't have to be stated

Anyway leave it to Gordo to clarify and then it is up to people to follow the instructions

• Advertisement

I dont wana start an arguement in here, it isnt really the place to be talking about it... but your picking and choosing parts of the OP to suit your own theories! The first word of the sentance which you had in bold in your last post was "otherwise" which you conviently left out of bold.

In a nutshell the OP states that you either can or cannot notify the offender via PM, if you have PM'd them and after 48 hours of you sending the PM you then post the profile here, stating you informed them (the admin will then immedietly snip)
    post a link to their profile here AND STATE THAT YOU HAVE SENT A PM. If they do not remove the offensive signature in 48 hours, then proceed to this thread and post a link to their profile and state that they have not removed the offending signature

If you choose not to inform the offender via PM you can still post up a link to the offenders profile but state you havn't informed them, if you fail to say you didnt inform them the admins will assume you have notified them and it hasnt been changed and will snip immedietly, thus denying the offender the 48 hour grace period to change it.

i think the not above is a typo.....

its seriously not that difficult to understand im not smart in any way but understand the OP perfectly, you inform the admins weather you have or have not contacted the offender when you link the profile...

I will say no more on this because this thread ain't suppossed to be used for discussion, but i think the above should be fairly clear for you.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement