Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIGPO - Notify

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

is my sig okay? i was intending on changing it in the near future, but i can't reduce the size of the one below as it mucks up the resolution and it would be an insult to the great artist Gauguin.
    my picture is only like 10pixels above the recoomended height but it's also alot less wide then the recommended pixel width (so i can compensate pixel height for width), btw it's only 6kb so it's hardly a huge file slowing people's computer's down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Your image is 149 pixels tall, exceeding the height limit by 24 pixels. Also you have text below your image which a) is not allowed and b) makes the whole sig even more tall.
    Cloud wrote:
    All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, and you can't have both text and images.

* For text signatures: 4 lines normal size OR 8 lines small size, and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. Do not use the quote quote tags.
    * For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size. No animated images are allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Jakkass

16:55, 10/10/2005

Snorlax: Wouldn't bother me tbh

Snowbat: The rules aren't enforced to the letter. See here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2709332&postcount=35

Oh, and jesus_thats_gre has an animated avvy. What's the ruling on those?

what's the point in having a painting up if you don't know who it's by, it's in the smallest text size i could get, it could be by any artist.
    you seem to be making a big fuss of the tinest infringements Snowball, as i said im compensating height for width, if people are really bothered by the 20pixels post up here, ill be changing it in the next few days like i planned to do anyhow as and when i get some free time but i think you would be better suited to pming the real offenders rather then me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

You could link the IMG to a page about Gauguin (WiKi perhaps?) *shrug* it's fine as is IMHO.
    Snob..snowb.. The aim of this thread was really to help get rid of some of the biggest offenders, not to catch out everyone because they didn't follow guidelines exactly..If a sig being a few px over-weight is genuinely annoying you perhaps you might turn off sigs in your profile?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

mines only over because of her legs.

she'd look a bit weird without them:D. anyway i changed mine, viva Yeats :)!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Snowbat wrote:

I'm not changing my sig because it's from sloganizer and loads of other user have sigs from sloganizer. And I've also had this sig for a month and you're the first to complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Is it me, or is Snowboat a snitch? :p

Over the past 24 hours, he's reporting sigs that are only even just a few pixels too big. I think he's being a bit unfair and is drunk from his power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Raphael: Can you please update the first post in the thread to clearly define what should be reported here. At the moment it indicates all. Vexorg's 'Slightly' is very subjective. For instance, I consider http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=28947 to be 'slightly' but the ones I put up here to be 'quite a bit'.

seriously what are you? There are im sure bigger sigs and animated ones out there.
    And i havnt seen you around, so i get the feeling that we were all happy and grand untill you decided to come along and spoil things.
    My sig has been in lots of various forums around boards, and if it was such a bother my sig would off being reported months ago.

Also snowbat go here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions
    and untick the box show signatures.
    it might help you have a better browsing experience ;)

Snowbat: No =D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Snowbat wrote:
    Raphael: Can you please update the first post in the thread to clearly define what should be reported here. At the moment it indicates all. Vexorg's 'Slightly' is very subjective. For instance, I consider http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=28947 to be 'slightly' but the ones I put up here to be 'quite a bit'.

ITS 2 ****ING PIXELS TOO HIGH!!! OMFG WTF ARE WE GOING TO DO! got help those poor bastards on dialup having to download an extra " PIXELS

jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

ITS 2 ****ING PIXELS TOO HIGH!!! OMFG WTF ARE WE GOING TO DO! got help those poor bastards on dialup having to download an extra " PIXELS

jesus

A LINE MUST BE DRAWN HERE.

Or something.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The report thread has been very quiet recently, good job SIGPO!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Gordon wrote:
    The report thread has been very quiet recently, good job SIGPO!

erm...your sig is breaking the rules btw, Gordon. But who am i to notice a signature promoting Boards :p

good idea, i had to turn the laptop upside down to see it.
    BTW i hope my 50 quid i gave last june helped you stop crying :D

I tried to read it upside down. Now my eyes hurt :(

• Advertisement

DubGuy

00:40, 12/10/05

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Oops, cool, will sort that later, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Gordon wrote:
    Oops, cool, will sort that later, thanks.

yeah i see you done a great job there :D

koneko wrote:
    Nice picture though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

An animated avatar - not the way I remember super mario :eek:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=18140

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

rsynnott wrote:

jesus
    A LINE MUST BE DRAWN HERE.

Or something.
    wouldn't drawing a line just make it another pixel too big :confused:

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Animated Signiature

Owned by the usual newcomer type to the Counter-Strike board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

RopeDrink wrote:
    Animated Signiature

Owned by the usual newcomer type to the Counter-Strike board.

you could threaten to ban him from the forum or something. seems to be loads of massive/animated sigs eminating from cs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement