Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIGPO - Notify

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Animation

MikeGannon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Animated, oversized advertisement - Not Notified - He knows quite well what he's doing.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=57293

• Registered Users Posts: 78,398 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'd like to report the posters on this thread, a bunch of them have illegal sigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

User has 5 lines of text. Only 4 allowed.
    Sig contains text and an image (not sure if this is allowed)
    User is also pimping for money.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=98

walks away

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Jammer - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=23467

Image too big and advertising another site. Notified at 4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Since when can U not advertise another site???? And that is like a few pixels over the size???
    #
    People taking this crap too far IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Opinions on this one please. Dunno if it's breakin any rule but it's damn annoyin as it goes off the page when viewing on my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Opinions on this one please. Dunno if it's breakin any rule but it's damn annoyin as it goes off the page when viewing on my laptop.

the text on the bottom line is of a greater size than size 2, so yes it is in breach of the rules.

it is very annoying also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Since when can U not advertise another site???? And that is like a few pixels over the size???
    #
    People taking this crap too far IMO.

It's 600 * 100 which is nearly double the allowed width.
    Also he lists his homepage as the page he's advertising. If he wants to advertise his own site then he should pay for advertising like everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Darth Maul http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=57428

notified 1009 hrs.6/12/05

It's 600 * 100 which is nearly double the allowed width.
    Also he lists his homepage as the page he's advertising. If he wants to advertise his own site then he should pay for advertising like everyone else.

No because its not a commercial website so he doesnt have to pay for advertising get your facts straight dude

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

No because its not a commercial website so he doesnt have to pay for advertising get your facts straight dude

But you do admit it's breaking the sig rules by having an image that is nearly twice the allowed size?

Yeah its breaking the size (Really didint think it was it doesnt look it) but its far from an annoying sig would u not think?
    Comparitivy to the above DM one?

Yeah its breaking the size (Really didint think it was it doesnt look it) but its far from an annoying sig would u not think?
    Comparitivy to the above DM one?

well it's not as annoying as yours:p but still it's a little too large for my tastes

Ah but I set out to be annoying now dont I, I have the most annoying sig in the world image thingy!!
    I just think there should be small exeptions for things like custompc.ie cause its a homegrown site trying to grow, many boardsies are reviewers etc for the site etc

Ah but I set out to be annoying now dont I, I have the most annoying sig in the world image thingy!!
    I just think there should be small exeptions for things like custompc.ie cause its a homegrown site trying to grow, many boardsies are reviewers etc for the site etc

i kinda agree....but where does one draw the line. Why can they advertise and other boardster's home-grown business cant

Thats the problem with having sigpo run by all users. If there was a SigPo moderator or superuser that had the decision to make decisions like that it would make matters easier. Or have a poll system for on the edge images and situations like this where the boards userbase votes on it and decides wether it stays or goes? Just two ideas that might work?

Thats the problem with having sigpo run by all users. If there was a SigPo moderator or superuser that had the decision to make decisions like that it would make matters easier. Or have a poll system for on the edge images and situations like this where the boards userbase votes on it and decides wether it stays or goes? Just two ideas that might work?

I've been arguing for Signature mod for a while...would take the hassle away from the supermods/admin.

• Advertisement

Yup woul defenitly support that idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

AdSales.jpg
    So whats that for? Get your facts straight dude.

And yea, a SigMod would be an idea. Ruggeh for SigMod!

Yes for commercail sites. Not for personal sites. Check before you retort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Oh, sorry. I read your post as saying boardsie isn't a commercial site. The other way makes MUCH more sense =p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i think the top four posters in this topic should be sigmod, and to take into account that some of us do be on boards everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Indeed. Although it would be a nice thing to happen I can't imagine it being possible to do.

But it's worth someone sticking a new thread up on Feedback about this topic of sigmods either way.

Gordon wrote:
    Indeed. Although it would be a nice thing to happen I can't imagine it being possible to do.

By my reckoning, it requires admin/supermod access rights to start messing wth someones profile. Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i think it can be possible, but requires a lot of trust tbh.
    i think its possible to create a usergroup that allows the moding of user sigs.
    ill check.
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=79566&highlight=signature+editor

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I'm guessing that the problem would lie in the fact that the full profile would have to be viewable to the sig editor.

However, is there a problem with the way this is working so far?

• Advertisement

Gordon wrote:
    However, is there a problem with the way this is working so far?

well it's just a little bit convoluted. You're doing a great job but you seem to be the only one who looks in here with any regularity....

plus there is the issue of getting dissed for reporting offending signatures.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement