Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIGPO - Notify

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Why the hell was my sig deleted please?? Totally wothin the rules <6 linesof size 1 text???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

lol...now that's funny

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Why the hell was my sig deleted please?? Totally wothin the rules <6 linesof size 1 text???
    pld

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you.* :D

* Ruggie - You can use that if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I had an idea, dont know wheather it would be taken up or not, but maybe cloud can shed some light if it will work.

Basically create a forum called SIGPO, can be made hidden or closed.
    Add mods to it that you want to become "The Sigpo"

Theres a radio button like this
    sigpo.JPG

That gives the mods of that forum the permission to edit user sigs, but the question i wanna know does that only apply to that forum or the whole site?
    But in thinking hard into it, i think it will allow the mod to access the user info page that all mods see (you know the one), but have the option to edit the sig and allow you to save it.

Only a suggestion, could work if Cloud trialed it to see if it would work, or even if this is at all required.

Sparky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Afair mods can remove the sig of the user when they edit their post on the forum they mod. I reckon that's probably what the edit signature refers to.

Gordon wrote:
    Afair mods can remove the sig of the user when they edit their post on the forum they mod. I reckon that's probably what the edit signature refers to.

yeah thats what i think it means, i must see myself how it works

Just tried it there: yeah mods can edit the users sig by going into their mod panel and selecting a user once
    "Can View Whole User Profile (but not edit)" is clicked yes.

Where the sig is, there is a Edit sig link, which allows you to edit the sig.

So thats that anyway, selected mods for a hidden forum can edit sigs once the permission is set :D

We really need a Sig Mod with no other authority other than policing sigs. It would free up other mods whose time is currently being wasted on muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Hagar wrote:
    We really need a Sig Mod with no other authority other than policing sigs. It would free up other mods whose time is currently being wasted on muppets.

Would be a good idea, give the job to a few active SIGPO posters with strict rules to mod only sigs that are clearly outside guidelines.

It would certainly be more streamlined than this set up and would leave the SMods and admins free to deal with all the other idiots.

Ferael - Animated sig. PM'ed him, then he added a second bit of animation???

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=42351

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=30759 <- Image in Signature is too big.

Geff http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=33506

animated sig and is 300k.

Sparky-s wrote:

ah(a) that's one of my favourite bits ever in family guy but bloody hell i hope he's not a regular poster

RuggieBear wrote:
    ah(a) that's one of my favourite bits ever in family guy but bloody hell i hope he's not a regular poster

Im saving the animation to my pc :D its good.

Regular poster, i doubt we will see a post from him/her for a while by the looks of it.

Sparky-s wrote:
    Im saving the animation to my pc :D its good.
    moi aussi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Phantom_lord http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=45124

Massive image and are people allowed pimp their "all-in-poker" accounts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Massive image and are people allowed pimp their "all-in-poker" accounts ?

Yes, what precisely is policy on commercial advertising?

rsynnott wrote:
    Yes, what precisely is policy on commercial advertising?

It's not the commerical advertising I'm talking about.
    All in poker is a bit of a "pyramid scheme" type thing, where when you recruit players they enter your down-line and you get commission based on what they gamble.
    Just wondering if people are allowed to pimp that kind of thing in their sigs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cormie and his poker.ie sig which has an image within the rules but the "link" area is as wide as the page.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=19234

Mike.

Liamskater PM'ed very large graphic http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=37893

Roryc PM'ed just too much of everything :Dhttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=38771

Positive reponse to PM. Sig has been reduced by user.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

liamskaters sig removed. Let me know if it comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

This guy's signature is in clear breach of the rules as pointed out below. More tangible proof in case he suddenly tries to change it. This is no way for a moderator to behave imo.
    Cloud wrote:
    * For text signatures: 4 lines normal size OR 8 lines small size, and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. Do not use the [.quote] [./quote] tags.
    * For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size. No animated images are allowed.

I would like to make it quite clear that I have no inclinations what so ever towards Miss Harney, and I find it quite offensive that I Should to misquoted like that. Quoting is not allowed as per the signature rules above. Whatever this guy won't do is try and hypnotise the whole of Boards.ie into thinking I actually fancy Mary Harney.....Shudders.

Please remove this offensive signature!

netwhizkid wrote:
    I would like to make it quite clear that I have no inclinations what so ever towards Miss Harney, and I find it quite offensive that I Should to misquoted like that. Quoting is not allowed as per the signature rules above. Whatever this guy won't do is try and hypnotise the whole of Boards.ie into thinking I actually fancy Mary Harney.....Shudders.

:D

Ah now its ok, afterall love concurs all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Hey, it's not misquoted, it's just selectively choosen!

He just left out a few bits here and there :D

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Oh noez! Someone musta haxxord my sig!! I'd better fix it.

When I get a minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

netwhizkid wrote:
    I actually fancy Mary Harney...
    It's all coming out now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement