Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIGPO - Notify

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

fortysixand2
    Notified 17.20 07/05/05

• Registered Users Posts: 78,394 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Leprachaun

[strike]Criminal[/strike] User 42164

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

MatthewtheBigSigHater....

WHA WHA WHA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

John R
    Notified 09-May-2005 @ 02:59 Hours

causal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Tha Gopher

16:21 09/05/05

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Done.

V.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Victor have you been PMing these people coz I think you're meant to PM them the text on the first page of this thread if you post up here. I could be wrong though.

He's right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Who are these police, and how do I know that its not a some troll when I get a warning. Vex, has said that we need not worry if our sigs are slightly over in pixel size, does this mean that my sig need not have been changed?

I think ye really need to step back and draw up nerw rules, as this seems to be leading to alot of confusion.

Just my 2 cent

You know it's not just some troll if your signature is breaking the rules. And yours is within the 300x125 limit

Memphis

We are developing a script that will trawl the whole site and will remove all sigs that do not comply with the current rules. If your sig does not comply, it will be automatically removed.

What I suggested was that if a sig was slightly over the size allowed in the rules, that it be left and that sigs which clearly made browsing less enjoyable, should be the sigs that are reported. I did not say that people with sigs that only just break the rules are ok.... if thats the case we have to change the rules and the sigs get slightly bigger and so on. For instance, I find sigs that are centered very distracting, especially when the poster posts several times on one thread. Must get a hack that only shows a sig once per thread...

So if your sig breaks the rules, at somepoint it will be automatically removed.

How sweet is that - automatic oppression of freedom of speech - I can sleep and know that the general population is being oppressed - wohoo, im tingling all over.

purrrrrrr!

or oppression ( in the style of a Homer Simpson Drool)

Vex.

Tha Gopher

Gordon wrote:
    Victor have you been PMing these people coz I think you're meant to PM them the text on the first page of this thread if you post up here. I could be wrong though.
    I have, who's the counter-grass?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Victor wrote:
    Tha Gopher 18546
    Already listed here

causal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Vexorg wrote:
    Memphis

We are developing a script that will trawl the whole site and will remove all sigs that do not comply with the current rules. If your sig does not comply, it will be automatically removed.

What I suggested was that if a sig was slightly over the size allowed in the rules, that it be left and that sigs which clearly made browsing less enjoyable, should be the sigs that are reported. I did not say that people with sigs that only just break the rules are ok.... if thats the case we have to change the rules and the sigs get slightly bigger and so on. For instance, I find sigs that are centered very distracting, especially when the poster posts several times on one thread. Must get a hack that only shows a sig once per thread...

So if your sig breaks the rules, at somepoint it will be automatically removed.

How sweet is that - automatic oppression of freedom of speech - I can sleep and know that the general population is being oppressed - wohoo, im tingling all over.

purrrrrrr!

or oppression ( in the style of a Homer Simpson Drool)

Vex.
    Thanks for the clarifications there Vex.

I have since reduced my sig down in size, so there should be no problems now, the sig (not actually designed by me) was slightly over the allowed size... my appologies!

Good luck with the policing, some sigs are fairly HUGE ok, and do need resizing! Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Are the pms people are sending re: overlarge sigs not classed as unsolicited pms?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

lafortezza wrote:
    Are the pms people are sending re: overlarge sigs not classed as unsolicited pms?
    If it is a PM stating the rules of boards upon a person's breaking the rules I'd say it is as unsolicited as a Moderator PMing a warning to a poster for violating a forum rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Sailorboy
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=37783

Notified 17.00, 10/5/05

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Oh noes! They're infringing our civil rightsies. Call the ombudsperson. Resurrect Johnny Cochran!

Ffs, you're not being banned over it and msPaint isn't that difficult to use ;)

If you're going to split hairs, does that mean people have to phone you up or hunt you down on irc in order to get permission to pm you? Doesn't that kinda defeat the whole purpose of them?

Learn to worship our overlords without question. Hail to Cloud, Dev and Apophis!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Woosaysdan
    21:48 11/05/05

OLDYELLAR
    21:51 11/05/05

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R