Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIGPO - Notify

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

majiktripp
    Sig too high at 165px. I think I reported this user before, just that it hasn't been fixed yet. Yes

psycrow
    Pic in sig too big 165px

Spike
    Pix in sig too heavy, well over 20KB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

DrussTheLegend
    400x130@78.93kb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Pocari Sweat

Ruu, would I be banned from boards if I used this sig ...

...........a...............rrrrrrrr...............ssssss...........eeeeeeeeeee....hh.............hh............oooo...........lll..................eeeeeeeeeee
    ..........aa..............rrrrrrrrrrrr........ssssssssss........eeeeeeeeee......hh.............hh........oo.......oo........lll..................eeeeeeeeee
    .........aaa.............rr...........rr.......ss..........ss.......ee..................hh.............hh......oo...........oo......lll..................ee..............
    ........aa.aa............rr............rr......sss..................ee..................hh.............hh.....oo.............oo.....lll..................ee..............
    ........aa..aa...........rr..........rr...........sss...............ee..................hh.............hh.....oo..............oo....lll..................ee..............
    .......aa....aa..........rrrrrrrrrr..................sss...........eeeeeeeeee.....hhhhhhhhhhhh....oo................oo...lll..................eeeeeeeeee
    ......aaaaaaaa.........rrrrrrrrrr.....................sss.......eeeeeeeeee......hhhhhhhhhhhh....oo................oo...lll..................eeeeeeeeee
    .....aaaaaaaaa........rr........rr......................sss......ee..................hh.............hh.....oo...............oo...lll..................ee.............
    ...aa...........aa.......rr..........rr......................sss....ee..................hh.............hh .....oo.............oo....lll..................ee..............
    ..aa..............aa.....rr............rr......ss..........sss.....ee..................hh.............hh ......oo...........oo.....lll..................ee...............
    .aa................aa....rr.............rr.......ssssssssss......eeeeeeeeeee....hh.............hh .......oo.......oo........llllllllllllllllllll....eeeeeeeeeee
    aa..................aa...rr...............rr.......sssss...........eeeeeeeeeee....hh.............hh ..........ooooo..........llllllllllllllllllll....eeeeeeeeeeee

Oh that looks acceptable to me, a fine signature. Use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

SickCert has flashy lighties, and is over 20kb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I think Phoblahtachs sig is too wide too

1 user bar then a space then a biggish boycott Israel pic

Nala
    Sig is a little too high 156px

#Elites
    Sig too heavy 38.72 kB

Signpost
    Sig too high and too heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

pigeonbutler
    one big ad for some poker deal

• Advertisement

stevieg_irl

PedoBear
    Animated sig

neuro-praxis

Sully04
    Too much text in mixed sig as well as pic too heavy 47.58 kB

I note that animated sigs are being removed quickly but mixed sigs and text only sigs that violate the rules are not always sorted.
    Why is this? Are the mods/admins unsure of the rules about text and mixed sigs?
    I have made a suggestion about mixed sigs but heard nothing back yet. What do you think?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

As far as I'm concerned, the rules are not stead-fast. Some of them are slightly flexible so that sigs that technically break the rules may pass through the net. As with any mod decision, it's discretionary.

If a sig is massive and/or offensive it will probably get deleted, but border-line ones will probably stay.

PS Does anyone have the url for the sigpo image?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

markdunne , http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=78239

Which sigpo image? For the user's modified signature or for yours?
    I think it was http://www.boards.ie/imagesig/imagesig.gif , but that's gone.

ed: Attachment ...ho hum.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

biko wrote:
    Sully04
    Too much text in mixed sig as well as pic too heavy 47.58 kB

I note that animated sigs are being removed quickly but mixed sigs and text only sigs that violate the rules are not always sorted.
    Why is this? Are the mods/admins unsure of the rules about text and mixed sigs?
    I have made a suggestion about mixed sigs but heard nothing back yet. What do you think?

Didnt see the problem with the sig, nor did I think the image was to big. Ill have to do some research on the sig guidelines before I add anything again

Sully04 wrote:
    Didnt see the problem with the sig, nor did I think the image was to big. Ill have to do some research on the sig guidelines before I add anything again
    Check out the sigs made in the Sig Requests forum. Also see first post in this thread for general rules.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Karoma wrote:
    markdunne , http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=78239

Which sigpo image? For the user's modified signature or for yours?
    I think it was http://www.boards.ie/imagesig/imagesig.gif , but that's gone.

ed: Attachment ...ho hum.
    Thanks.

What's wrong with markdunne's sig?

Thanks.

What's wrong with markdunne's sig?

I'm not sure but is advertising a company in signatures allowed (I think certain ones are) not entirely sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

http://pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52010224&postcount=6
    Sure iam sure the police will catch me :rolleyes:
    Sig pic is 352 wide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

http://pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52010224&postcount=6

Looks like the signiture was changed. Now contains an animated image

Ruu wrote:
    I'm not sure but is advertising a company in signatures allowed (I think certain ones are) not entirely sure.
    A lot of users advertise their companies in sigs. No rule against that, provided they don't break size rules.

JC 2K3
    Sig too high 164px

Elphaba
    Text too large as font sizes above 2 are not allowed

Tusky
    Sligthly too high and too wide 144px & 346px

evad_lhorg
    Sligthly too high and too wide 150px & 314px

chamlis
    Size good but too heavy at 39.8 kB

@ Hulla
    I understand why you think it's discretionary. However I believe this defeats the purpose of the rules as one mod will let something slip and another will axe down on small transgretions (see users above). This is particularly evident with mixed sigs that has no clear rules at all.

Personally I don't give a toss about sizes etc, SIGPO is just a pastime for me, but everyone (noobs and power users/mods) should have a clear understanding of what the sig rules are and abide by them. Also, it pisses me off when I make the effort to point out a transgretion and the mod let it slip.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

DvD-Lots

400px * 150px and almost 80kb :eek:

(fixed)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,238 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Guys sort out the "Please visit www.boards.ie/nazism" message. I know it refers to the sig police, but when I logged on and saw the word "Nazi" in place of my sig I nearly had a heart attack. Didn't know what was going on.

"I'm not a fcuking Nazi!!!"

Oops, sorry! I didn't actually examine the attachment Karoma gave me in the minute detail one should examine an attachment that Karoma gives you.

Appologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I told you not to mention the war. Ahem.

re: markdunne's: Advertising for-profit org. in sig. and homepage. The image is questionable (But fine IMHO).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement