Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIGPO - Notify

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

snappieT http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=30274
    Apart from the fact his sig. is animated, it is just too bloody early to be wishing us all a Merry Christmas. Bah humbug.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Almarsáre
    Sig too heavy 45kb and too wide 500 px

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

DarthWraak

too many userbars + over kb limit. Fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mad Dog

Just plain wrong!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

mike65 wrote:
    Mad Dog

Just plain wrong!

Mike.

This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view.

User profile for Mad Dog (One day that sig. will finish loading.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

WarZoneBrother-http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=51242
    8 userbars is a tiny bit excessive. :)

subway
    quote in sig

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

#Elites
    Sig too big - again

Angus MacGyver

Too high

BlitzKrieg
    Sig too high and too heavy

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Are you guys sending PMs to these people?

• Advertisement

Sometimes, other times I forget/am too lazy/busy. Also my fragile heart can't take the aboose sometimes. *sniff*:(

Nala
    Sig too high @ 156px
    Reported before for the same pic.

Mrs_Doyle

Mixed sig, ok, but pic is too high

I never PM, where's the fun in that? :D Besides, I'm just a user = no real powers besides my nagging powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Spareman and SickCert both have the same annoying animated sig, that's too heavy as well.

Re-offenders, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

First time ratting someone out...

SaxoDuff Sig is 400 px wide
    Angus MacGuyver Sig is 145 px tall
    darkflower Advertising Galway taxi company
    Delilah Advertising Irishtours.ie
    Info
    With our extensive and loyal database of members, IrishTours.ie is able to offer its marketing partners unique access to a highly targeted audience of tourists who are actively seeking information and services for their holidys and beyond.

Advertisers seeking placement on Irish tours can contact us at info@irishtours.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

stevejazzx

That's got to be too big...

magpie - Sig too tall (147 px)

FX Meister Sig too large (20.4 kb) - How strict is this suposed to be? Is this one OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

r3nu4l, the idea behind reporting and removing sigs is to stop people having ridiculously big sigs and slowing up the page load time. Also, there's some discretion where sigs are gaudy or offensive. It depends on who's doing the pruning, but I've left some of those sigs because they're not too bad.

Another SMod might change them, however.

I'd appreciate it if we could PM users to give them a chance to edit their sigs themselves.

r3nu4l, the idea behind reporting and removing sigs is to stop people having ridiculously big sigs and slowing up the page load time. Also, there's some discretion where sigs are gaudy or offensive. It depends on who's doing the pruning, but I've left some of those sigs because they're not too bad.

Another SMod might change them, however.

I'd appreciate it if we could PM users to give them a chance to edit their sigs themselves.

Thanks for that but I'm still confused - you left them all up :confused: There are loads of reports like the ones I've made (a few pixels over or slightly too heavy [kb]). Should these not be reported unless they are offensive? I'm not complaining, I just want to know so I don't waste my time PM'ing people and reporting here. What about advertising for-profit sites? Is that allowed?

Any informative response welcome.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

r3nu4l wrote:
    I just want to know so I don't waste my time PM'ing people and reporting here
    Or you could just concern yourself with getting a life. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote:
    Or you could just concern yourself with getting a life. :rolleyes:

[psycho killer]Life is so overrated, that's why I have no problems taking it.[/psycho killer] :D

Wonder should I report this post? Nah, I know I'll get a life :p

Any informative and constructive responses welcome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

r3nu4l wrote:
    [psycho killer]Life is so overrated, that's why I have no problems taking it.[/psycho killer] :D
    No loss really.

Your best bet is to report them here, and PM the user to let them know their sig is in breach of the rules and may be edited. It's politeness to give them a heads up so that they don't just log in one day to find their image/text obliterated.

With regard to for-profit organisations, I'm not sure, but will ask an admin.

r3nu4l wrote:
    Thanks for that but I'm still confused - you left them all up :confused:
    Me as well. For instance Mrs_Doyle's sig is enormous but is not removed, although pic itself is 188px.
    Lenient sig mods combined with no mixed sig rules means you can fashion a huge sig and work around being fixed.

I have already suggested these news guide lines/rules:
    Text only: 4 lines normal size OR 8 lines small size, including space lines and up to 90 chars per line.
    Images only: Max 5 images including userbars, all totalling no more than 20 KB; 125 px high and 300 px wide.
    Mixed sig (text/pics): Only small size text allowed 4 lines (incl space lines), images (userbars or regular) as above.
    What we want to do is to reduce the total height of the sig. Particularly space lines that can add a lot to the sigs height. With max image 125 px and 4 small text lines it's still quite high.

This is max allowed height mixed:
    31404-L-1.jpg
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam ultricies. Aliquam posuere. Cras adipiscing nibh sit amet arcu. Cras libero felis, porta in, posuere eget, nonummy in, enim. Vivamus sollicitudin pede id odio consequat scelerisque. Aliquam erat volutpat. In sollicitudin mi sit amet velit. Vivamus eu leo eget leo tincidunt nonummy. Fusce massa. Pellentesque lorem tortor, condimentum ut, dignissim ut, molestie vitae, neque. Fusce sit amet lorem vel erat vehicula commodo.

Your best bet is to report them here, and PM the user to let them know their sig is in breach of the rules and may be edited. It's politeness to give them a heads up so that they don't just log in one day to find their image/text obliterated.

With regard to for-profit organisations, I'm not sure, but will ask an admin.

Okay, I guess I'll only report animated sigs and anything that looks ridiculously huge or large (kb) until things are cleared up a bit. I'll keep an eye on the stuff that others are reporting and see which of those sigs are deemed OTT. :)

biko wrote:
    Me as well. For instance Mrs_Doyle's sig is enormous but is not removed, although pic itself is 188px.
    Lenient sig mods combined with no mixed sig rules means you can fashion a huge sig and work around being fixed.

I think hulla would prefer that the users were notified first before he goes ahead and removes them which is fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

this user: el diablo: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=49240

advertising a lotto scam in his sig. i'd say it is an unintentional breach, but nevertheless he is offering something that will lose people money. also, it is an affiliate link, indicating that he is profiting from it.

• Advertisement

fabcat-http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=68001
    336x448@61.3 KB. Notified.(FIXED, thanks)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement