Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIGPO - Notify

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=35877 - Gareth2030

Sig too big.

Sunday - 4/3/07

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Sully04 a massive pic and Skyuser both with large photos. I reported Skyuser on the 27th of Feb and still nothing done.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Caco
    Not notified

Sig:

_________8888888_____8_______8___888888888___888888888____8______8_________8__
    ________8______8____8_______8__________8___________8_____8_______8_______8____
    _______8______8____8_______8________8___________8_______8________8_____8______
    ______8888888_____8_______8_______8___________8________8_________8___8________
    _____8______8____8_______8______8___________8_________8__________8_8__________
    ____8_______8___8_______8____8___________8___________8___________8____________
    ___8______8_____8_____8____8___________8____________8___________8_____________
    __8888888_______CLICK_____8MYSPACE8__88GIGS888____88888888____ڭ______________

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

cailin dana

A whopping 400 x 267 px.

User not notified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=94014

Sig 150 pixels tall, not notified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=94014

Sig 150 pixels tall, not notified.

I told her about that a couple of hours ago; she'd made up her own one for the Celeb/Showbiz forum and hadn't realised that it went against the guidelines. Ruu's made up a couple of new ones so she's going to change it to a suitable one now.

Coola boola :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Kool and the posse :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Why has the signature of Skyuser still not been removed??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

netwhizkid wrote:
    Snap to it you idle scum...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

netwhizkid wrote:

Sometimes reports get missed, other times the SMod, Admins consider that the sig isn't too offensive. It's a bit hit and miss and sometimes the rules change slightly (nothing to do with a clique!).

I've reported some sigs that don't get demolished, don't take it personally :)

netwhizkid wrote:

Why didn't you pm the user in question instead with a gentle nod to the sig rules? The world is run by those who turn up...

Why didn't you pm the user in question instead with a gentle nod to the sig rules? The world is run by those who turn up...
    Says the man with the 40k picture in his sig...

Hagar wrote:
    Says the man with the 40k picture in his sig...

I don't know what you mean, I'm sure.

>_>

<_<

Have SIGPO rules relaxed now that the servers have additional capacity?

User colm_mcm

524 px
    150px

>68Kb

Not notified as I'm not sure whether things have changed. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

r3nu4l wrote:
    Have SIGPO rules relaxed now that the servers have additional capacity?

Server capacity has no bearing on signatures, since the majority are stored on image hosting sites, the bandwidth or storage capability of boards.ie is never effected.

On topic:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=19373

10 bloody user bars.

Fire at will.

Wertz wrote:
    Server capacity has no bearing on signatures, since the majority are stored on image hosting sites, the bandwidth or storage capability of boards.ie is never effected.

So why do we mention the servers in the PM notification we send then?
    ...As these guidelines exist to improve the browsing experience of the boards.ie userbase, and to reduce the workload on its poor, abused servers, it would be greatly appreciated if you were to edit your signature in accordance with these rules. A failure to comply with this...
    Don't the boards.ie servers have to retrieve the sigs from these hosting servers? Don't larger sigs take longer to retrieve?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

^^^ Kensutz ^^^ 3 User bars totalling 60,295 bytes and over 300 pixels wide. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

r3nu4l wrote:
    So why do we mention the servers in the PM notification we send then?

Don't the boards.ie servers have to retrieve the sigs from these hosting servers? Don't larger sigs take longer to retrieve?

I have no idea why that part is incldued in the PM...unless it's addresing subscribers/mods who may use the hosting space boards.ie provides them with to host signatures.

Otherwise the offsite hosted images (or any other file like embedded youtube links) never actually goes near boards.ie's server(s); the html referrer you d/l from something like an l a page on dial up you'll see all the embedded urls working in the status bar as images (or other files) loaod from their respective locations...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

http://pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=87361

Nice sig, but a bit big. Also, Picard is better.

User greenfly

Large pic in sig 275*388 30k approx.

The pic advocates/promotes downloading/piracy albeit humourously.

User not notified.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Afaik, the sig size limitation has to do with visible page load times for users. I don't think it's to do with boards.ie's servers.

I'm trying to clear the backlog here, but let me know if I've missed anything over the rules.

Raphael's OP needs to be cleaned up so that the sent messages sent are correct.
    Also all distinctions between mods, subscribers and non-subs needs to be in that single post.

The OP is the only post that will be read by an offender, it must be up to date and contain all the necessary info. We can't send a message to someone and expect them to read through a whole thread or even a page.

I just write my own PMs these days and don't usually post here anymore. Works better and quicker in my opinion. New, improved?, sig rules were posted by me in this thread for input a while back but I haven't heard anything yet. Mixed sigs are not addressed now which means you can have several pics and text and still get let of the hook if each pic is within guidelines. You can have space lines between sentences to make sig bigger and still not break current rules. Yes I know all examples are from the same forum.

On a side note I see mods breaking the rules all the time and not bothering when I PM. Yes I know they've been here a long time and work hard but having something blatanly wrong in your sig sends out clique signals to the new users that get PMd about the same transgression.
    This mod has quote and was PMd 18th. Just shrugged that off and went on.

Btw, |.Murderer.| above also has quote.
    If you, like me, think quotes are no big deal, then by all means just remove the text from the OP.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Sigrules are here: http://www.boards.ie/sigrules, not the OP.

In addition, I only delete sigs that are reported here. Had you reported Senritsu's sig before now, I would have deleted it. I think I deleted a couple of mods' sigs today. I've no problem doing so. In fact, I don't usually look at usernames/titles.

Sorry I was linking away like mad there.
    I use OP myself as well and Clouds post on PMs, text is same.

Sigrules are here: http://www.boards.ie/sigrules, not the OP.

In addition, I only delete sigs that are reported here. Had you reported Senritsu's sig before now, I would have deleted it. I think I deleted a couple of mods' sigs today. I've no problem doing so. In fact, I don't usually look at usernames/titles.
    I'm not saying you are doing anything wrong hulla. The problem is mixed sigs - I will start a separate sig rules discussion thread in Feedback.

I didn't mean to suggest that I thought that was what you were saying. I was just saying that the reason nothing gets done about certain sigs is that we don't see them, not that the rules that currently govern sigs are redundant.

• Advertisement

Sawted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement