Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIGPO - Notify

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭( . )( . )

kearnsr wrote:
    Thanks missed that

tags.
    * For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size. No animated images are allowed.

Thats what the rules say. Havent broken them[/quote]
    All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, and you can't have both text and images.

think you did :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

( . )( . ) wrote:
    Thats what the rules say. Havent broken them
    All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, and you can't have both text and images.

think you did :confused:[/QUOTE]

Yeah just realised that bit. Stupid dyslexia. I read it as can

No offence but what about Biko?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

kearnsr wrote:
    Can any one tell me why mine was removed?

It had been more or less been the same for months?

No mention on here why it was removed or what was wrong
    Generally, I won't remove a sig unless and until it is reported here. Once it's reported here, and goes outside the rules, it will probably be removed (with a little bit of lenience where it's not too bad).

Only if a sig is hugely outside the rules will I remove it first, but some of the other SMods will remove sigs as they browse.

Yours was reported here, and then I removed it. Them's the breaks.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

kearnsr wrote:

think you did :confused:

Yeah just realised that bit. Stupid dyslexia. I read it as can

No offence but what about Biko?[/QUOTE]
    Ok, the story with text and images as far as I'm concerned is that if you have an image, the height of the image and the text should not exceed 125px.

I can't fully remember now, but I think your sig was removed as it was centred as well. As far as I'm concerned, the rule against having sigs that are lengthier than 300px is a little redundant, because to me, the rules are (a) to stop sigs breaking up the fluidity of threads and (b) [redundant reason] to help pages load faster for users. Since few people would bother with dialup now, that's not a huge problem.

I don't see the need for sigs to make major statements that say 'look at meeeeee!' If I want to read a sig, I'll just read it, but it shouldn't sidetrack from the thread.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Why is centering an image bad?

• Advertisement

I suppose because it breaks up threads. It's too much of a statement in the middle of a thread and detracts from the fluidity of the thread.

Your sig certainly wasn't the worst around, but it had to be removed once it was reported here because otherwise we'd be operating on double standards, and that's not right.

It helps a lot if you use [noparse]small sized text[/noparse].

I suppose because it breaks up threads. It's too much of a statement in the middle of a thread and detracts from the fluidity of the thread.

Your sig certainly wasn't the worst around, but it had to be removed once it was reported here because otherwise we'd be operating on double standards, and that's not right.

It helps a lot if you use [noparse]small sized text[/noparse].

But its not against the rules to center it is it?

The image was reported for image and text but if I had the same sig but not centered would it be ok?

I just prefered it like that.

It is yeah. It probably would have been ok if it wasn't centred, though there is a rule against referral links. Put up your sig again and we'll have a look see.

It is yeah. It probably would have been ok if it wasn't centred, though there is a rule against referral links. Put up your sig again and we'll have a look see.

What do you mean by referral links? as in pimping sites & services or linking to anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

GDM - too high.

• Advertisement

This is the sig that was removed

[center][URL=http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055069225][IMG]http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6901/thewireum3.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL="http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055069225"]>>>The Wire<<<[/URL]

[URL="http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=25350"]For Sale: Dell Inspiron 9300 [/URL][/center]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

From what I remember of it, the 2 links added with the extra 2 blank lines (and obviously the picture being the max height already) made the sig quite large looking and if everyone had the same, I would estimate the page length would be doubled. I remember comparing it to a short post with no sig right under yours and your short post appeared aprox double the size purely due to the sig.

Edit: That sig you provided in the box is quite hard to judge. I'm sure the powers that be wouldn't mind seeing it as your actual sig in place again to fairly judge it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

User Mutant Fruit has an asbolutely giant sig. 2048 * 1536 :eek:

It's 9mb. That's way out of order.

Probably intended as a joke "SigPo I Love You" but in the meantime it's appearing on all 4,852 of his posts across Boards and murdering our dial-up users. A size 10 kick up the arse might be in order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Siteban tbh :D

That thing is side scrollingly awful.

CyberWaste

Sig to big

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Hody

animated sig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

qwertplaywert: Text size larger than India.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=83467

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Double C. Big image. Notified.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Is advertising allowed in your sig : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=108965

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

sharkman wrote:
    Is advertising allowed in your sig : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=108965

One small link to site is allowed unless rules have been changed.

Deise59. Animated.

Notified.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Smashey above and scojones
    Oink images pushes sigs over the egde. Particularly KB.

scojones notified.

biko wrote:
    Smashey above and scojones
    Oink images pushes sigs over the egde. Particularly KB.

scojones notified.

Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Smashey : I don't really need to see a pigs head mate.

Boston : I don't really need to see the word bastard 3 times in 6 words mate.

cast_iron wrote:
    Boston : I don't really need to see the word bastard 3 times in 6 words mate.

Ask me do I care, I dare yea. Severed pig's head is not on mate and you know it.

Edit: Since the term isn't filtered, its not against any rules to use it once it's not directed at some.

• Advertisement

I think you've missed my point. Some people may find some things offensive that others don't - that all. Personally, I find neither yours or Smahey's sig offensive.

I do find it funny that you regularly report people here yet break the very same rules yourself.

Oh, and I don't care if you care or not. Your sadly mistaken if you think I give a damn.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement