Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIGPO - Notify

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

smccarrick wrote: »
    No. If you post in any of my forums with that- I'll get you site banned.

Wow there is no need to be like that. I didn't expect that it would be OK, which is why I asked here.
    I was hoping against hope that it would be as a result of this post. I asked as more of a joke than anything else.

Again what kind of an attack attack attack attitude is that? I did ask before doing anything. Great way to alienate there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

eo980 wrote:
    Wow there is no need to be like that. I didn't expect that it would be OK, which is why I asked here.
    I was hoping against hope that it would be as a result of this post. I asked as more of a joke than anything else.

Again what kind of an attack attack attack attitude is that? I did ask before doing anything. Great way to alienate there.

Sorry- I didn't mean to be so antagonistic- Whatever about Thaed's signature, the image you were proposing is on entirely a different level and totally unacceptable. I do think you would probably end up banned if you used the sig and refused to get rid of it- to be perfectly honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

smccarrick wrote: »
    Sorry- I didn't mean to be so antagonistic- Whatever about Thaed's signature, the image you were proposing is on entirely a different level and totally unacceptable. I do think you would probably end up banned if you used the sig and refused to get rid of it- to be perfectly honest.

Well I did deem it best to ask here first and with a Big NO it won't be seeing the light of day.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

PaulK_CCI ; mick.fr
    Notified for too wide sigs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Is my fly ok?

• Advertisement

Hal1 wrote:
    Is my fly ok?

Animated Gif- so, no, its not ok.
    Totally aside from having to clean my screen after I swatted it..... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Your fly is an ant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Cheers Biko.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hal1 PMd the rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Something momentarily lagged when I opened a thread just now.
    This would appear to be it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=54988

Does that pic really need to be 75kb?

Resized if someone wants to replace it...
    V

• Advertisement

Hosted by monkeyfudge IIRC, I'm sure he'll be happy to resize.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Seriously though .... only left aligned sigs? Is this a political thing or something?

What is wrong with right or centre aligned sigs/items? Is there a logical reason? Or is it just a case of "because we said so"? I'm only asking.

I also see that not all mods/smods abide by the very same rules that everyone else gets warned about. Is that fair?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Paulw wrote: »
    Seriously though .... only left aligned sigs? Is this a political thing or something?

What is wrong with right or centre aligned sigs/items? Is there a logical reason? Or is it just a case of "because we said so"? I'm only asking.
    It's to do with centred/ right justified sigs breaking up the flow of the thread. A whole load of sigs all over the place can make the page very messy and more difficult to read.
    I also see that not all mods/smods abide by the very same rules that everyone else gets warned about. Is that fair?
    There are some common exceptions to the rules. I've pm'd one Mod agent smith a couple of times but he has refused to change it. He's the only Mod I've come across that refused. All others that I asked complied.

Sorry, can an admin, or someone with authority answer my question? Thanks.

Also, even just browsing a few pages of this thread (recent pages) there are some mods who have centre sigs and have had them a good while. Just an observation.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with their sigs. But, to each their own.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

BigBenRoeth massive sig, not notified.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Sorry, can an admin, or someone with authority answer my question? Thanks.

Also, even just browsing a few pages of this thread (recent pages) there are some mods who have centre sigs and have had them a good while. Just an observation.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with their sigs. But, to each their own.
    cast_iron's answer was spot on. He and Biko put a lot of work into the SigPo and both know the rules inside out.

Hear hear.

Guys, the rules are there. Where people are not complying, post it here, or feel free to drop me a PM if nothing gets done. I'll happily issue an infraction or lay the matter before an admin/SMod as appropriate.

Don't whinge about what other people are up to, if you have done nothing to address that inconsistency yourself.

Biko, Cast Iron and other active sigpo'ers have the full support of the mods and admins of this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Thanks smashey and Roundy. Perhaps not everyone realises that 95% of people simply comply with the PMs sent and don't get reported at all. I neither set nor entirely agree with the rules as they stand, but that's not the point.

Personally, I don't set out to send PMs and would rather I don't have to go and open the various template windows and copy and paste the required PM.

I've done my best to answer Pualw via PM, (let him feel free to publish any PMs I've sent answering his questions) but apparently I lead a sad life.

Anyone who could come to such a conclusion from such little information about me shouldn't be posting here, and are quite clearly quite the loss to the Psychological Society of Ireland, if not an even wider audience.

That someone reverts to personal abuse over this is what I find a touch amusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

can someone please tell me why on earth i got pulled up on my sig,(because due to some unknown force centered sigs are now banned:confused:)

now the only part of sig rules mentioning centered is to do with adverts which im sure mine isnt advertising anything.

what am i missing?

I too had a centred sig at one point, blissfully unaware that it was against the rules, and has been from day one.

I believe it has something to do with mobile browsing, and I was pointed at a link, at the time to support that. Take it from me (and let a sigpo fill in the blanks, because I have neither the time nor the inclination to become one) that centred sigs are verboten.

They break up the flow of the thread, for another thing, as do those little Hitlers that some users right justify, (I keep thinking they're infraction tags).

I wouldn't blame you for missing that particular rule, as I did so myself.

I'll watch this thread, and help out where I can, where PMs have failed. I trust that clarifies the notion that the sigpos are acting independently and drunk on some mythical powah (not directed at the guy up there ^)

:)

• Advertisement

How come on the page where you enter/edit your sig there is no information/link to the rules? It's no wonder people have to have sigs reported. I've used boards for years now, and it was only in the last few days that this has been made visible.

But, let me understand this for a sec - I can post a large posting (centre or right aligned) and that is perfectly fine, but yet a sig at the bottom must be left aligned? That sounds very unusual.

As for mobile browsing, I use that a good bit, on my phone and PDA, and have never seen any problems.

Fair enough though, I'll left align my sig for now.

Paulw wrote:
    As for mobile browsing, I use that a good bit, on my phone and PDA, and have never seen any problems.

I use Opera on a Sony Ericsson P990i- I have big probs with a lot of webpages- particularly those setup for Internet Explorer that do not use proper HTML tags etc- but also massive images (ala some of the guys on the motoring forum) or pages which aren't left aligned. To be honest- the profile section here on boards is even worse for mobile browsers than the main posts, but thats a vBulletin issue that isn't so easily sorted.

What mobile browser do you use?- I might do a little experimenting.

Cheers,

Shane

Is my signature with Speedtest results ok? (yes, I know the statistics are crap- its something I am looking into improving).

The image is 10 pixels high @ 135 ;)

Not sure about the combination of text and image, I know I've gone over that size from time to time.

Your internet must be contended to bejaysus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I think mods shod take a more active role in SigPo. I don't mean go around boards looking for problems but just monitoring their own forums for non-compliance. Illegal sigs effect the forums they are posted in so it's in the local mods interests to keep things right.

Not a bad idea, and we can use the infraction system for that too, although personally I would never give someone a point for a sig, unless it was clearly taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Hosted by monkeyfudge IIRC, I'm sure he'll be happy to resize.

Nope.. she dumped me and ran off with another sig....

pfft... women...

Oh.. and I've used the infraction system to issue warnings in the Heroes forum for people who were taking the piss with sigs.. I had even go through the bother of editing their posts to remove their sigs as they were disrupting the flow of the thread.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I remember that one. It was the guy with the irritating animated sig, wasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

kraggy. Animated. Notified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement