Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIGPO - Notify

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

The rules as they are laid out on the front page have been watered down but if people expect people to follow them then everyone should.

So lets PM everyone with Flickr, Ticker, and everyone else with multiple images ... Boston would you like to Pm the following?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=3179 - multiple images

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=6187 - multiple images

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=585 - multiple images

If you have a problem with mine and not those then explain why? If you dont want those users to change their sigs then STFU tbh.

cast_iron wrote: »
    But 6th, yours is 325 wide when the max is 300 wide?

My individual pics are 50x50 so 6 of them is 300 wide, the spaces dont count as its the total image widt as was told to me earlier in this thread when I reported http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=6187

Questions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

That's clearly not the case 6th as I only have one, therefore everyone does not have multiple. Is it really that hard to follow the rules?

Also:

Amp is prettier then you.
    Beruthiel is an internet chick.
    OscarBravo is a Legend.

I never claimed to be fair or unbiased.

Ok so if you dont think everyone should follow the rules then toddle off to your special place ... theres a good lad.

erm, I am in my special place. Its got a broadband connection. I have no problem with the signature of the people you mentioned. If you have a problem then report them here, or can it be taken that your post is reporting them? Because if so that some shameful stuff you're pulling right there.

• Advertisement

No I am saying my multiple images, along with theirs (and any that dont collectively go over the limit) are fine. You had a problem with mine and I'm just pointing out how they are all ok.

That cleared up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Right, here's an objective opinion. Flickr sigs have been deemed acceptable, so putting your seven images in a row should not be an issue. However having 50x50 images with, say, 100px spacing between them is obviously not going to be looked at favourably. Common sense should apply, particular now when the issue is still up in the air.
    6th wrote: »
    My individual pics are 50x50 so 6 of them is 300 wide, the spaces dont count as its the total image widt as was told to me earlier in this thread when I reported http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=6187

Questions?

Why are you rebelling? Just put the seven of them in a row, and be prepared for others to question the spacing, if you intend to pull people for being a few pixels over any present, or informal dimension.
    Ok so if you dont think everyone should follow the rules then toddle off to your special place ... theres a good lad.

Not helpful.
    Boston wrote: »
    erm, I am in my special place. Its got a broadband connection. I have no problem with the signature of the people you mentioned. If you have a problem then report them here, or can it be taken that your post is reporting them? Because if so that some shameful stuff you're pulling right there.

I don't have a problem with those sigs either, nor do I have a problem with 6th's. It's quite aesthetic actually, and obviously some work went into it.

I do have a problem with unobjectionable sigs being reported to make some sort of point. Pedantry of the highest order.

What makes you think the latitude shown towards others, who dedicated a huge proportion of there time to helping this site run smoothly, in any way translates to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Em..
    Yeah but I'm gonna start rebelling...

Your argument is so flawed, I can only assume you are trolling. The other option is that you are actually that stupid.

6th wrote:
    If you have a problem with mine and not those then explain why?
    I can only notify those I come across. I don't scour the members list to find sig violations.

Your argument goes along the lines of "He was speeding, Garda, so why can't I?"
    6th wrote:
    That cleared up?
    If you were trying to demonstrate your high level of hypocrisy, then yes. Otherwise, no.
    Why else report someone for being slightly over the limit, when you persistently break said rules yourself?

I didnt report someone for being slightly over the limit, I pointed it out to someone on here when then reported someone.

The sig rules are all over the place and not worth the paper they are written on (so to speak). The rules as they are on page one are way out of date. I could upload a sig 100px by 500px according to the signature upload page ... thats the size of a flickr sig.

Is my sig in violation of the original rules? Yes

Has it been stated by biko HERE that multiple images are allowed as long as the images dont exceed 300px wide ... text and spaces between them seem to be ok.

• Advertisement

Your argument is so flawed, I can only assume you are trolling. The other option is that you are actually that stupid.

I'm pointing out how flawed the system is. Also thats as close as you get to directing an insult at me as you get.
    Your argument goes along the lines of "He was speeding, Garda, so why can't I?"

Not at all, because I'm saying that "speeding" (or in this case multiple images) isn't wrong.

Why else report someone for being slightly over the limit, when you persistently break said rules yourself?

Said rules are a mess.

I have reported a sig since the sig rules ammendment thread was dug up.

who is biko to say something is ok or not.
    who are you to decide you can just ignore the rules.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Must say 6th, I don't like the way your 7th image drops to the next line if ya get my meaning, it hurts my face. Note too that I'm no sig-cop.

Can you not string them together with out the spaces?

Must say 6th, I don't like the way your 7th image drops to the next line if ya get my meaning, it hurts my face. Note too that I'm no sig-cop.

Can you not string them together with out the spaces?

He's rebelling.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

lol, that's ok so.

/pats 6th on the head

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I think DeV said that the most important sig rule was not to take the piss. If it's a few pixels over here or a character or two over there then big whoop. 6th, your sig is a load of relatively small images so I wouldn't have considered it taking the piss. Then I found out that you were doing it to rebel. Doing something for the sole reason of breaking the rules or rebelling against the system sounds like taking the piss to me.

6th you really shouldn't take all this so seriously, it's just a sig

Sorry, I'll clear a few things up.

First off sorry to Boston if I came across like I was having some sort of hissy, my bad. I dont agree with you on some points but thats no need for me to be rude.
    Yeah but I'm gonna start rebelling and taking up as much space as the flickr and tickerfactory sigs .... I mean I dont see why some people get more space than others?

Flickr sigs are 500px by 100px and 19.41kb so expect a sig like that from me as soon as I get back from short break next week.

I'm not rebelling with my current sig as its within the 300x125 (i'm not counting the spaces as I dont think they are really a problem) - infact my sig is only 100 deep as opposed to the 125 limit.

My current sig is the result of bit of though and effort and I plan to keep it annd keep it within what ever rules are laid out.

Mags, my 7th image is dropped off because I have 5 more icons to pop in beside it (still keeping within the limits).

I tried it with no space but it looks like 1 image and conflicts with what I am trying to achieve.

Again apologies to Boston and anyone else who I pissed off with my little "fit" .... its been a tough day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

f9cc829ae0b529241778cbc6134fbbcc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

I'm not rebelling with my current sig as its within the 300x125 (i'm not counting the spaces as I dont think they are really a problem) - infact my sig is only 100 deep as opposed to the 125 limit.
    Well, no one but yourself suggested you were rebelling. Besides, I doubt any of us are that concerned about the day you've had.
    My current sig is the result of bit of though and effort and I plan to keep it annd keep it within what ever rules are laid out.
    The rules are clearly defined, and you seem well aware of the exceptions. Yours does not fall within those exceptions, so either you are mistaken or you are telling lies??
    Mags, my 7th image is dropped off because I have 5 more icons to pop in beside it (still keeping within the limits).

I tried it with no space but it looks like 1 image and conflicts with what I am trying to achieve.
    I don't know who Mags is, but yes, all one image wouldn't look right at all. That excuses nothing though.
    Again apologies to Boston and anyone else who I pissed off with my little "fit" .... its been a tough day.
    Can't speak for anyone but myself, but I doubt too many of us get "pissed off" over what you get up to.

(Personally, I find it more than a bit strange that you regularly report people here, yet still mange to be one of the most persistent offenders yourself.:confused:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Lets just hope that the next upgrade will contain sig paramaters and all this can be ended.

Or, maybe, turn off sigs at the switch?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Lets just hope that the next upgrade will contain sig paramaters and all this can be ended.

Or, maybe, turn off sigs at the switch?

yeah but if they do that the sigpo will be all out of a job, think of there children!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,827 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Is this a violation?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=1094423

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55239897&postcount=56

constantly places :cool::cool::cool: at the end of their posts. Much like a signature. surely that breaks the 1 img rule or something?

Either way its just f*kin annoying.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Overheal wrote: »

Don't bother posting search results as they expire.
    Overheal wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55239897&postcount=56

constantly places :cool::cool::cool: at the end of their posts. Much like a signature. surely that breaks the 1 img rule or something?

Either way its just f*kin annoying.
    It's like the way people sign their post off at the end. I can't see any problem with it.

Me neither tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

A few users have signature signoff tags. ManicMoran says "NTM" (I had to double check that one), and Scofflaw says "Cordially, Scofflaw". Either way, three smilies wouldn't be considered a breach of the signature rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Overheal wrote:
    constantly places at the end of their posts. Much like a signature. surely that breaks the 1 img rule or something?

Not in the signature area so it's outside SIGPO's juristicion.:D

:cool::cool::cool:

Mike65 and DeV also sign their posts.

Doesn't bother me, in fact it closes off the post nicely, like a handwritten note or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

mike wouldn't be mike without the

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Technically this sig is allowed today (well, almost ) but tbh it's taking the cake :D
    I haven't PMd user yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement