Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIGPO - Notify

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Notified above users

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Are political statements in signatures allowed?
    This one infuriates me endlessly when I see it......

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

smccarrick wrote: »
    Are political statements in signatures allowed?
    This one infuriates me endlessly when I see it......

Shane

I don't believe they are. There has been talk of banning them but I believe Dev see's them as OK though that may change temporarily around election time.

Political sigs are OK. SF, FF, FG, UDP, GP etcetera are ok in my book.
    If you can vote for them in a election you can have a sig.
    http://fianna.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55467475 :D

We are not policing peoples opinions, just the size of their sigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Notified 23-04-2008 23:55
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=57347
    Over 90 chars per line.

biko wrote:
    Political sigs are OK. SF, FF, FG, UDP, GP etcetera are ok in my book.
    If you can vote for them in a election you can have a sig.
    http://fianna.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p= :D

We are not policing peoples opinions, just the size of their sigs.

I think I'll try to take Marksie's approach........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

ballooba wrote: »
    Notified 23-04-2008 23:55
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=57347
    Over 90 chars per line.
    Via PM
    ninty9er wrote:
    I have reviewed the rules, please proceed with your intention to notify the administrators.

Well done Ballooba- nuke the idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I'll miss all that FF press office information :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Where's my sig? I had a pic promoting Ninja Karaoke. I made sure it was within the size rules and now it's gone? Feedback please guys, or maybe the hosting site is fecked! :eek:

Edit: Forget all that, it's back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I actually cannot believe that signature was deleted for being 1 f*cking kb over the limit. F*cking assholes.

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    Where's my sig? I had a pic promoting Ninja Karaoke. I made sure it was within the size rules and now it's gone? Feedback please guys, or maybe the hosting site is fecked!

Edit: Forget all that, it's back!
    Looks like freeimagehosting is on the ritz.
    rb_ie wrote: »
    I actually cannot believe that signature was deleted for being 1 f*cking kb over the limit. F*cking assholes.
    Lmao. They do say offensive too. Or is that left over from the previous one?

Sherifu wrote: »
    Lmao. They do say offensive too. Or is that left over from the previous one?

The part about the offensive sig is referring to a picture from Flight Of The Concords of the 3 lads giving the middle finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Let go of the anger, grab a name change and watch the stress just float away ....

Sabotage wrote: »
    Let go of the anger, grab a name change and watch the stress just float away ....
    Lol.

It's so petty though and obviously someones just looking for an excuse to delete any signature I put up at this stage in an effort to wind me up.

redarmyseriousbusinesser9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Lol.

It's so petty though and obviously someones just looking for an excuse to delete any signature I put up at this stage in an effort to wind me up.

Just remember its not the sigpo guys, they cant delete sigs.

Sabotage wrote: »
    Just remember its not the sigpo guys, they cant delete sigs.
    Oh I know! It's one of them cowardly smods.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Apparently, in Soviet Russia, signatures delete you.

• Advertisement

$hifty
    shane86
    nkay1985
    quotes in sig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Des is a narc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!eleven!!!!!!!!!!!!!oneoneone!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I removed your sig, you know the rules and you seem to have deliberately got this sig to be 1kb over the limit. I don't mind people being slightly over, but if you have been flaunting these rules then you'll need to make sure you stick to them for a while.

Gordon wrote: »
    I removed your sig, you know the rules and you seem to have deliberately got this sig to be 1kb over the limit. I don't mind people being slightly over, but if you have been flaunting these rules then you'll need to make sure you stick to them for a while.
    I didn't even make the sig! 6th/Sabotage did!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

I didn't even make the sig! 6th/Sabotage did!
    Unfortunately, that doesn't make it okay.
    He openly disobeys the Sig Rules (even as a Mod), so he's no example. Something about some sort of rebellion nonsense (according to himself), if I remember correctly.

The 1kB is not the point.
    It's more the fact that you come on here quite regularly, so therefore you should really know the rules. If you are unwilling to stick to said rules (you publish your own sig; 6th, or whatever he calls himself lately does not force you use what he may devise for you), then you really have no case to claim you were neither aware of the rules, nor aware of the size of the sig you published entirely of your own accord.

Lol, Gordons already said he doesn't mind sigs being slightly over. I said I didn't create the f*cking thing, I didn't go measuring it as I'd assume 6th was responsible enough to not go way OTT with the picture sizes (as he didn't) and I used a link from where he'd hosted it to stick it in my signature.

I didn't "deliberately" break the "rules" but it's quite clear to anyone with half a brain that Gordon was merely looking for an excuse to delete it, given the fact that it was "Leave rb_ie's sigs alone" written on it, along with the history of having sigs deleted for fairly stupid reasons. As I said, an attempt to wind me up, therefore Gordon was indeed trolling by doing so.

Regardless, it's petty shít and I'd have expected better from Gordon of all people tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Not the case, I really couldn't care less and have better things to be doing with my time, but that's fine if you feel that way. Obviously you haven't taken anything in and learned from it. Continue as usual so.

• Advertisement

Gordon wrote: »
    I really couldn't care less and have better things to be doing with my time.

I think it's quite obvious that you don't.
    Gordon wrote:
    Obviously you haven't taken anything in and learned from it. Continue as usual so.

Listen, you said you thought I had deliberately made the sig 1kb over the limit as some sort of effort to give the finger to the administration around here. DESPITE having "Sig by 6th" underneath the picture, you still thought this and deleted it. I didn't come up with some cunning plan and have 6th design the thing, he made it, I thought it was good and stuck it in my sig. I didn't deliberately make it over the limit, I didn't even measure the f*cking thing as it looked correct (however, I was 1kb off).

Most people were aware 6th as it was posted by him in a thread before I used it, then I also added the comment on the sig so your excuse that you thought I was deliberately acting up doesn't sit right and more points to my theory that you just deleted it as an attempt to wind me up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement