Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIGPO - Notify

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Stop whinging, compress it a bit then they have nothing on you. You can keep your sig then and return to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

rb_ie wrote: »
    I think it's quite obvious that you don't.

Listen, you said you thought I had deliberately made the sig 1kb over the limit as some sort of effort to give the finger to the administration around here. DESPITE having "Sig by 6th" underneath the picture, you still thought this and deleted it. I didn't come up with some cunning plan and have 6th design the thing, he made it, I thought it was good and stuck it in my sig. I didn't deliberately make it over the limit, I didn't even measure the f*cking thing as it looked correct (however, I was 1kb off).

Most people were aware 6th as it was posted by him in a thread before I used it, then I also added the comment on the sig so your excuse that you thought I was deliberately acting up doesn't sit right and more points to my theory that you just deleted it as an attempt to wind me up.
    Why don't you quit whinging about your sig? It doesn't matter who made it, it was your sig. It broke the rules and was removed. Big feckin deal. Get over it and get a new one made that stays within the rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

It's not the sig that matters it's the pure pettyness and ignorance I've experienced as a result of it.

It's not the sig that matters it's the pure pettyness and ignorance I've experienced as a result of it.
    And your reaction isn't petty?

smashey wrote: »
    And your reaction isn't petty?
    Not really, it's going tit for tat sure enough but I haven't done anything "petty" really.

• Advertisement

Also, I would guess that Gordon has read the "Ah here" thread here on Feedback already, which meant he would have came across http://boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=118768
    Yet he didn't delete that.

So, given that I had "sig by 6th" under the picture, Gordon is either blind and thought I was acting up so deleted it, or he was deleting it using the 1kb as an excuse in attempt to wind me up. I somehow don't think there's anything wrong with his eyesight, so I'm going to go with the latter.

I don't care about the signature, I can easily go and re-size it and put it back up. It's this ridiculous shít from someone who happened to have the ability to edit other users signatures that is the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

you are like a dog with a bone, you just wont let go. maturity comes into play here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

He's not the only one using it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,147 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I dont really have an opinion on rb_ie but deleting his sig for being 1k over is just plane stupid. In fact i would even go as far as saying your trying to troll a reaction out of him

There seems to be leeway for other users

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55634432&postcount=2641

EDIT: actually maybe i retrack this , I didnt realise 6th/sabotage made it he knows exactly what size a sig should be, and was probaby just seeing if he could push it

To qoute a pm i recieved of him on the 09/02/08
    Sig violation

witnessmenow,

Your signature is in violation of the boards.ie signature rules, which can be found here. As these guidelines exist to improve the browsing experience of the boards.ie userbase, and to reduce the workload on its poor, abused servers, it would be greatly appreciated if you were to edit your signature in accordance with these rules. A failure to comply with this request within 48 hours will result in the notification of a boards.ie administrator

Your signature is 47.5k (approx) - file size limit is 20k

Yours sincerely

6th,

Boards.ie SIGPO

*Also please note that I stated it was Boards.ie I would not be posting on

Have a nice day.

I do realise my one at the time was way over the limit by the way!

It's this ridiculous shít from someone who happened to have the ability to edit other users signatures that is the problem.
    Then this isn't the place for a complaint. Take it to the Helpdesk.

• Advertisement

smashey wrote: »
    Then this isn't the place for a complaint. Take it to the Helpdesk.
    LOL.

LOL.
    I see where you're coming from there. :D I was going to say feedback but we're already there.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Also, I would guess that Gordon has read the "Ah here" thread here on Feedback already, which meant he would have came across http://boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=118768
    Yet he didn't delete that.
    You guess wrong. But thanks for bringing that to my attention. Deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

rb_ie you've come across very poorly these last few weeks, I suggest you take a break from boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Hey oston, aint seen you about in ages! Hows it hangin'?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

So much drama over sigs :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I'd ban pictures from sigs tbh.

Liking the sig btw Sherifu.

Liking the sig btw Sherifu.
    We'll work out the royalties later ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Shelli - sig2big. Message sent.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

rb_ie: You cant complain, you broke the rules. It doesnt matter at the end of the day what you think, the rules were broken so you have no grounds for a complaint. Fix the sig and make sure it fits within the guidelines. If removed again, then complain if you feel it didnt break the rules.

With regards to it being 1kb over - you seem to be a common offender so I cant blame Gordon or anyone else making sure you abide by the rules 100% and no leeway given.

With regards to 6th making it - have you ever thought that perhaps he made it to big to get you pissed of? Its a possiblity but regardless: It doesnt matter who made it, it broke the rules.

End of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I wonder how many sigs out there are more than 1k over the limit and haven't been deleted. I'd say quite a few.

Fair enough it's breaking the rules but if it wasn't rb_ie I'm not sure any notice would have been taken.

You 2 break sig rules;

"you can't have both text and images."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

As does Sully

nipplenuts wrote: »
    As does Sully
    Yes, I meant both of them. "You 2".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Sherifu wrote: »
    Yes, I meant both of them. "You 2".

And there's why you cannot substitute numerals for words and expect to get your message across intact.

nipplenuts wrote: »
    And there's why you cannot substitute numerals for words and expect to get your message across intact.
    It doesn't change the meaning. Where did you go to school? 2 = two for reference. :)

There are hundreds of sigs with both text and images.. I just joined the team :p

Same way there are probably hundreds of sigs over 20k.

It's pretty obvious that rb was singled out to be fair even if it won't be admitted.

Rules are rules, if you get away with it grand. Just don't cry about getting caught.

• Advertisement

Then enforce them on every occassion and no one can go crying. Inconsistency is what leads to complaints.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement