Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIGPO - Notify

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

^^^ Bah, got there before. A major tool by all accounts too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Xavi6 wrote: »
    ^^^ Bah, got there before. A major tool by all accounts too.
    Fully agree.

Between that "style" of writing and text speak, I really feel sorry for their English teachers.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I feel sorry for the LC mods. Jesus some of the posts in there are unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

FX Meister
    Offensive sig. Not Notified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    here.from.day.1
    Sig2big not notified

Thanks for that?

Could I not have been sent a PM?
    What was wrong with it? - The picture was under the size and dimension limit and not centered also it was not offensive to anyone.

Well it obviously was or it would be still there?!

Well it obviously was or it would be still there?!

No it wasnt.
    For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size. No animated images are allowed.

And heres the pic:

SigSpect.jpg

File Size: 17 kb - 300x125

So can you please tell me what the problem is?

That wasn't the original position. It was on the right. But put it on the left and it will be fine.

I through the rule was centred? Ive seen plently of people with their pics on the right?

Would it have been that much hastle to send me a quick PM?

• Advertisement

From Sig rules in newbies & FAQ: Centred, glowing, blinking ads will be deleted without notice. But yes I agree a PM would have sufficed, but sometimes it is better coming from a Mod rather than a user. Many users have been ignored when sending Sigpo notifications.

Ok well my signature was not "Centred, glowing or blinking." I still cant understand why it was deleted in the 1st place.

I can understand people not replying to PMs but I would have liked the opportunity and not assumed to be a non replier if you will, its just common courtesy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

What's the problem with centered / right justified sigs?
    Just curious as to why they're considered bad..

Mine was centered for a while (I didn't know it was verboten), it was even reported here but the powers that be didn't seem to mind.

@here.from.day.1:
    Don't fight teh powah, it's boards - you won't win.;)

To quote the high and mighty in the FAQ thread
    DeVore wrote:
    interesting...

... you're trying to find legal loopholes in something that isnt legal? smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

CyberWaste - Animated sig, not notified.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=92491

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

lucozader, poster on the airsoft forum, power levels for guns listed in his sig are way above legal limits, he's been banned from the forum for a week for it and would appreciate his sig being cleaned too.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=117069

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

CyberWaste - Animated sig, not notified.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=92491
    PMd

Also asked Xavi6 to cut down on text as the mix makes sig too high. Especially with use of space lines.

As to discussion above - if the sig doesn't stand out it will probably survive even if it is centered or right aligned. If the sig shouts "Look at me everyone, I'm an attention whore" then it'll definitely be deleted. Ergo, subtle is the way to go.

Has FXMeister been notified? Some of the comments in his sig are a bit offensive. My G/F enjoys Walker Texas Ranger and found them a bit insulting.

biko wrote: »
    As to discussion above - if the sig doesn't stand out it will probably survive even if it is centered or right aligned. If the sig shouts "Look at me everyone, I'm an attention whore" then it'll definitely be deleted. Ergo, subtle is the way to go.

It was a simple blue and grey image with my name and was within the stated limitations. If somebody found it annoying/offensive or what have you I would have discussed it via PM no problem.

Its the fact that it was just removed and replaced with "sig2big" with absolutely no notification or even justification from Mr Spider as of yet.

Spider didn't delete it.

Image is kosher - put it back if you like, left justified this time.

New record?
    dafunk is sporting this
    whoops.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

It must be :eek:

Although it is only 10.42kb!

Propeties.jpg

I would contest the Text language statement though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

My sig ok ? :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

My sig ok ? :confused:
    Yes it is.

Might be an idea to run a spell checker over it though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Might be an idea to run a spell checker over it though!
    He he ;)

For users that need to resize their sig image I found this http://www.resizeyourimage.com/

Once your image has been uploaded just set buttons at top to 125 and 300.
    You can then move the frame around to see how it will look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

theasylumkey - HUGE!

Bigger than dafunk's?

• Advertisement

Lots of users have the Angry Bastard forum pic in thier sigs, are these not a little big?

26bqfulcev2rbjko3ws.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement