Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BIG problem.

• 05-05-2005 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

My brother has a an Ibanez Artcore guitar, and it's lovely.
    Unfortunately it got dropped, and the input has been broken into the guitar, so basically theres a small hole in the bottom of the guitar and I think the guitar needs to be opened up.
    Where can I get something like this fixed?
    Would the shop do it if it's under warantee?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

It wouldn't be covered under the warrantee. Give Derek Nelson a call. His contact details are in the sticky at the top of this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Warranty might or might not cover it. It was dropped, so it'd depnd on the place I imagine. Failing that, Derek Nelson seems to get a lot of good press.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Sorry, I meant it wouldn't be covered by the warrantee. The warrantee just protects against manufacturing defects, not user accidents and misuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

It is definitely not covered by the warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Funnily enough, your statutory rights cover returns relating to manufacturing defects... sometimes you'd wonder what a warranty is actually for. I think you could definitely try it in this instance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Derek is very good at what he does but can be really slow to get around to the work - He's always a busy man. Can you show us the damage with a picture?

I had a problem mounting a jack socket in an acoustic recently where the hole for the jack had started to splinter/crack so I ended up making a small mounting plate that's carefully screwed on the outside of where the original hole was. The small plate is there to prevent further damage and re-mount the socket on the guitar. It's a tidy job, looks like it's there by design and doesn't affect the acoustics to any noticeable degree. I'll put up a picture tomorrow and you can see if it might work for your brothers guitar too.

Gil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Well here's the damage..
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/Nick_J_A/damage.jpg

Thanks for all yer advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

Gil_Dub's suggestion really seems to be the best advice, a nice small mouting plate like on these les pauls jacks

baritones.jpg

it wouldnt really be noticable that it isnt an original part of the guitar, the guys in Musician inc could prob take care of it for around 30 bills for you.
    Getting the guitar fixed to original condition would be a fairly pricey venture and will prob never look 100% right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

The cheap way or else, Derrick Nelson. I'd get Derrick to look at it meself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Mornin' - Can't find the memory card for my cam - Sorry about that. I'd second the Musician Inc. suggestion and failing that would also suggest speaking with Gerry Crowe in Perfect Pitch - I've seen some of the work his shop have done - Glenn Hansard's famously battered acoustic was kept alive for a long time by one of Gerry's lads, Frank Twomey from the peoples republic of Cork, along with fitting his Martin acoustic with a full Fishman prefix system. Tidy work in both shops to be honest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement