Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SiR Vs. Type R

Options
  • 05-05-2005 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Hopefully someone here can help me out with this.

I've been considering buying a Honda for quite a while, and i finally think it's time to bite the bullet!

Has anyone here ever driven both the Civic 1.6 SiR vtec, and the Civic 1.6 Type R?

I'd love to know what your opinions are on both.
    Is the Type R light years ahead of the SiR in terms of handling, or could i save a few shillings by opting for the Sir?

The models I have in mind are the EK ones, from 96-00

I'd appriciate anyone's help,
    Thanking You :)

-Gav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Have you tried getting insurance quotes for both? That would decide it for me because a big difference in price wouldn't justify the extra performance of a Type-R as it isn't going to be huge.

I'm not an expert on the cars mentioned, but I have been told that the difference between an Integra SIR-G and the Type-R is small.

I drive an SIR, I can recommend it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 naidsy

heres an idea, grow a set of balls and get a nice motorbike to sit between them and you'll know what fast is!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Prepare to be banned tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

naidsy wrote:
    heres an idea, grow a set of balls and get a nice motorbike to sit between them and you'll know what fast is!!!

Then put you head between your legs and kiss your **** goodbye. :D

blastman wrote:
    Have you tried getting insurance quotes for both? That would decide it for me because a big difference in price wouldn't justify the extra performance of a Type-R as it isn't going to be huge.

I'm not an expert on the cars mentioned, but I have been told that the difference between an Integra SIR-G and the Type-R is small.

I drive an SIR, I can recommend it!

They are theft magnets though. A friend had one (SiR) and he got rid of it as there were so many attempts on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

naidsy wrote:
    heres an idea,

You're only new, and I'm having a good lunch time, so wise up before you get throw out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

They are theft magnets though. A friend had one (SiR) and he got rid of it as there were so many attempts on it.
    This is true. So far, I've been lucky, touch wood *taps head*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

naidsy wrote:

I'm watching you as well sonny (only I'd have banned you had I been online!)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

mike65 wrote:
    I'm watching you as well sonny (only I'd have banned you had I been online!)

Mike.
    It was a PARTICULARLY nice sandwich :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Borzoi wrote:
    It was a PARTICULARLY nice sandwich :D
    Here's an idea - forget sandwiches, man! get a CIABBATTA between your gums and you'll know how ham and cheese should be put together...

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 naidsy

hope you guys are enjoying your power trip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

naidsy wrote:

Now why go looking for trouble just after being warned... :eek:

The type r would hold its value better as it is rare but they are overpriced to buy and hard to insure

With the money you would save buying the SiR you could easily improve the spec to be better or equal to a type-r.

Ya, civics do have the rep of being able to be broken into with a spoon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

naidsy wrote:

They say prevention is better than cure. I agree - banned for a week.

Mike.

Delta_ie wrote:
    Ya, civics do have the rep of being able to be broken into with a
    spoon!

Must have improved the locks since I had my CRX then. First mod of a CRX was to delock it with the rear handles of a rover saloon. (Prefect fit)

Advertisement