Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Breeze Q

• 05-05-2005 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Do IBB provide and e-mail service ie. e-mail addresses etc. on the Breeze product ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Do IBB provide and e-mail service ie. e-mail addresses etc. on the Breeze product ?

No. AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

Drapper wrote:
    No. AFAIK.

Thanks Drapper ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Thanks Drapper ...

But ask, I know a mate with an @irishbroadband.ie mail address...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I asked this before they said they dont but i dont see why they cant supply you with one. Its kinda odd they dont anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

I asked this before they said they dont but i dont see why they cant supply you with one. Its kinda odd they dont anyway.

I suppose it means they have to run mail servers ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Afaik, they do, but you have to ask for it. It isn't given by default.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

They can provide E-mail addresses as stated in this pdf on page 2 (i am not sure if they charge for providing email accounts i suspect they do)

Opps link would help i guess:

http://www.irishbroadband.ie/pdf/isp.pdf

Also from here:
    http://www.irishbroadband.ie/pdf/faq.pdf Page2

It states

How is mail handled? Will SMTP and POP3 delivery
    be available?
    Yes, normal ISP email services are available.

How many email accounts will I get?
    As a business customer you receive one email address with
    5 aliases. If you upgrade to a higher maintenance program
    you will receive up to 25 email addresses. Additional email
    addresses may be purchased at any time for a small cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well they dont seem to provide web space either. A lot of other isp`s do this but I supose if IBB provided email and web space they would charge more for their service and Im happy with it as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The do provide emails, but not webspace

@irishbroadband.net is the domain for emails

.ie is the internal domain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

Broadband @ Home
    -Breeze 1MB
    -Ripwave™
    -Security
    Broadband for Business
    Order Now

Security

With Always On Internet access there is the risk of hacking and to combat this we recommend residential customers avail of a firewall, which Irish Broadband will install.

Irish Broadband can provide a suitable firewall to give you the peace of mind with knowledge of superior security.

Content filtering is also available from Irish Broadband. Content filtering allows parents to maintain control of which websites their children have access to and manage the family's Internet needs.

Yet when I asked they told me it costs hundreds of Euros and mainly for businesses. Yet there it is advertised on their site under home users. Hmm sounds like they dont want us to availe of their free stuff if it is free.

linky: http://www.irishbroadband.ie/htmdocs/our_products/security.htm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You get one by default and are charged for others are provided in batches on 5 for a fee

Advertisement