Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 things that D4 heads love

Options
  • 05-05-2005 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

1.Roggby
    2.Spriote zero
    3.ooh briens sandwich barr
    4.The number 10 Bus.
    5.Bonndaii
    6.Sponging 200 euro a week off daddy
    7.Sponging a new car off daddy
    8.Assaulting people outside a nightclub but getting away with it through sponging a lawyer off daddy
    9.B&L
    10.Brian O`Driscoll

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sooooo true.
    But, loike, you koinda, loike, left out the fake tan and the Abercrombie, roysh.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

4.The number 10 Bus.

Do they love the number 10 bus? I wouldn't have thought so since it goes to the dreaded northside...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Collect those wristbands....grrr. gets me a lil angry, ok they'r supporting a charity but it's just a fashion thing to them..Grr.Meh just blame the sports companies and advertising I suppose...and fake tan, and peroxide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

8.Assaulting people outside a nightclub but getting away with it through sponging a lawyer off daddy

That's a bit harsh there.

Also they all weren't from D4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Oh moy gawd shut up or I'll have Fiacra and the FX posse come round and kick your ass roysh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Yeah they were from all sorts of primitive ports like Monaghan and all. No Oisinn, Fiachra or Fionn involved there

1. Rogby
    2. Ralph Lauren Chinos
    3. Drinking 'Ken (& Probably on occasion)
    4. Butler's Chocolate Café
    5. Abercrombie
    6. Reciting their address. (By the way, if you have to reduce your address to
    a number, as most Dubs do, it seriously lowers the tone of the place, and
    we're talking totally here)
    7. Naming their kids Chú Culainn, Setanta, Fionn, Oisín, Fiachra, Seamas, etc...
    8. The Frascati Centre
    9. The 46A
    10. Practicing their kicking outside hotels in the south inner city

I pause to glance past my laptop (which rests on my stomach as I lie upon my bed) to see Foxrock church spire just over the trees... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Alana wrote:
    Also they all weren't from D4.

well D4 is really a state of mind! But thats a seperate debate.

I defo think the 10 shouldn't be on the list, remember only the peasent class ride the bus the gentry travel by hoseback or automobile.
    what about BT2 its clearly a staple for the rich, trendy D4 heads. I think when people never had to do a dayts work in there life they have little appreciation for there money and/or other peoples and just spend it frivilously.
    I am yet to meet a D4 head who has worked in a min wage job, I think everyone should at one stage as it makes you appreciate what you work for.
    Also iPod's should be on that list - no D4 head worth there salt doesn't own an iPod, or at least the white head phones :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

spot the bitter ugly scummer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

D4 is a false image portrayed by a group of people, many of whom never lived in D4, just like the chav and goth image.

When people try to be something they are not in an attempt to find accreditation with a group identity, it is because they themselves feel inferior. Psychological assertion that they are superior to others is compensatory behaviour. I have met people from longford who have cultivated a "D4" accent. I find such behaviour puzzling, unless you take it in the context of an inferiority complex.

I know this and that is why I laugh.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ILOVEYOU

you forgot one.

11 - birds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

7. Naming their kids Chú Culainn, Setanta, Fionn, Oisín, Fiachra, Seamas, etc...

Oii tiger, hold up there. One of those names is mine and one is my bro's.
    We been in pretty much poverty most of our lives (not now tho)
    And I intend naming my kids Oirish names, if I have any....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ILOVEYOU

Same.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

DrIndy wrote:
    D4 is a false image portrayed by a group of people, many of whom never lived in D4, just like the chav and goth image.

When people try to be something they are not in an attempt to find accreditation with a group identity, it is because they themselves feel inferior. Psychological assertion that they are superior to others is compensatory behaviour. I have met people from longford who have cultivated a "D4" accent. I find such behaviour puzzling, unless you take it in the context of an inferiority complex.

I know this and that is why I laugh.......

A lot of big words there for a little man! :) And whats with bringin Longford into it? As you can see from my location where I'm from, and I never met any Longford person with a "D4"ft accent!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

juno75 wrote:
    Oii tiger, hold up there. One of those names is mine and one is my bro's.
    We been in pretty much poverty most of our lives (not now tho)
    And I intend naming my kids Oirish names, if I have any....

Plus those names are pretty cool. But you can beat Heroic greek names try Telemon Aias O'keeffe or Diomedes O'Keeffe my sons goin to hate me........... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

out of order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

DrIndy wrote:
    Stereotypes have some basis in reality. I went to school with guys like this, and my sister hangs out with them. I feel sorry for them acting like children trying to be adults. It's not a D4 thing, its a weird kind of post-modern social simulation where people, rich or poor, adopt tassels and baubles of what they think is classy.

I mean, I'm from D6 and I don't like anything on those lists, except for the 46A. I love public transport 'cos I'm way prole.

scudster wrote:
    A lot of big words there for a little man! :) And whats with bringin Longford into it? As you can see from my location where I'm from, and I never met any Longford person with a "D4"ft accent!
    unfortunately I have! :) They did it because they wanted to "fit in" which I found rather tragic.... the accent would change back again when with other longfordians.......

Double barreled names are another phenomenon that occurs with this cadre.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

9.B&L bit harsh. also must point out most d4 heads arnt from D4. I know one from the northside!!!!!!!!

Yup, maybe D4 folk like giving their kids irish names but that doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with that (myself and my brother having an Irish name)

• Advertisement

Come on Myth - you are the loike the biggest loike D4 head I have ever met..... Rugger yah....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Club 92 > bondai....duh

DrIndy wrote:
    Come on Myth - you are the loike the biggest loike D4 head I have ever met..... Rugger yah....

Viva the D16.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Fook Dublin City, Viva County Dublin (also viva the trinity invasion of ucd boards)

yes, it reminds me of the time when both myth and me invaded the UCDSU message board and became the two top posters.....

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

kasintahan wrote:
    I pause to glance past my laptop (which rests on my stomach as I lie upon my bed) to see Foxrock church spire just over the trees... :D

Where d'ya live, Deansgrange?? lmao
    :D

:rolleyes: ..or up a tree?

Sangre wrote:
    Club 92 > bondai....duh

The man has a point.

Bondai will let any scumbag in, even me. Club nackeree doo only lets me in if I bring bimbo's.

Larianne wrote:
    Where d'ya live, Deansgrange?? lmao
    :D

Yep ! :D (well, as close as be damned).

and no, the last thing you'd call me is a D4 head - ask the regulars here.
    Larianne wrote:
    :rolleyes: ..or up a tree?
    Now, you're just being a bitch...

• Advertisement

kasintahan wrote:
    Yep ! :D (well, as close as be damned).

and no, the last thing you'd call me is a D4 head - ask the regulars here.

Now, you're just being a bitch.

:(
    Hey now!!! I didn't say anything against you or D4 ppl or people from anywhere in Dublin.

I couldn't care less where a person is from, once they're nice and respect other people. ya get assholes from all over the place not just the southside (and I'm from northern Dublin!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement