Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 things that D4 heads love

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭lateasever

couldnt be any sicker of discussing d4 or scobies roysh?
    get over it kids. the ross 'o c' (get the pun do ya, huh, huh?? i invented that joke steal it and die) kelly books are pretty damn funny, but stop the obsession and move on. wear whatever ya want, watch the oc, have fun and shutup now please

oh and eh.........wrong forum?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Ah yes the D4's - they used to come in to BT2 during a sale to see all the full-price stuff because the stuff in the sale was loike "so last year i don't know who's actually buying it loike?!?" as one particularly obnoxious D4-head put it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

watch the oc, have fun and shutup

well said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Larianne wrote:
    :(
    Hey now!!! I didn't say anything against you or D4 ppl or people from anywhere in Dublin.
    You suggested I lived up a tree! Not that I have anything against trees mind, I knew a tree once and he was a really nice person...
    lateasever wrote:
    watch the oc
    No, thank you, but I'm straight. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Well it did come across that you may live in one, i was just inquiring. I think guys watch the O.C. for the lesbian action that was going on there for awhile. Me its for Adam Brody. :D 'A ride and a half' and they humor is good in it. Storylines stupid....but enough!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Larianne wrote:
    Storylines stupid.

No chance, it's like watching my life on television. Doesn't everybody live in a big house and own lots of fancy cars and have lots of pretty friends.

Maybe just me...

No chance, it's like watching my life on television. Doesn't everybody live in a big house and own lots of fancy cars and have lots of pretty friends.

So you've lived in America then? Well where my cousin's live, it is quite like that.. massive houses..streets of them and most of them get cool cars when they are able enough to drive so 16/17. My cousins parents are doctor and lawyer. Different way of life over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Larianne wrote:
    So you've lived in America then?

No, Blackrock.

I hate america

Blackrock doesn't compare to America. Everything's bigger over there...their houses, their cars, their mouths, their asses :D !

Larianne wrote:
    So you've lived in America then? Well where my cousin's live, it is quite like that.. massive houses..streets of them and most of them get cool cars when they are able enough to drive so 16/17. My cousins parents are doctor and lawyer. Different way of life over there!

It's like that for 5% of white suburbanites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Who cares about the rest?

Santa Barbara in June...giggity giggity!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

doing b&l, more people from country and other parts of dublin tbh--i'm from Bray--spose that makes me a skang-bag!

B&L just means we're more intelligent than you. :p

what's B&L? :confused:

It stands for 'i didn't get the points for law'

oh business and something else, lanuage? i thought it was some new drug! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

doing b&l, more people from country and other parts of dublin tbh--i'm from Bray--spose that makes me a skang-bag!

B&L just means we're more intelligent than you. :p
    Hah!

Larianne wrote:
    oh business and something else, lanuage? i thought it was some new drug! lol
    business and legal studies

Not up on all these hip courses. I did a college course coz I liked the subject not coz of what Daddy said to do or to follow the rest..

Yeah...good for you. Let me see if I have a Blue Peter badge to send you.

nah, you're alright there. My brother got one before and wasn't that impressed with it. Didn't have the magical powers they lead you to believe...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

in all honesty, bt2 clothes and wristbands are not strictly a d4, or a southside thing, nor is the d4 accent.
    can anyone actually explain to me how what we accept to be "the d4 accent" became just that? it didnt exist ANYWHERE on this island 10 or 12 years ago.
    wristbands were recently lambasted as "chav" by my good man paul howard, aka ross o'carroll-kelly, Public Enemy #1 south of la fleuve.
    im from meath, speak with a meath accent (not navan or nobber though, trim will do, thank you very much) but i dont buy my clothes in bt2s, i buy in arnotts, wider range and better quality. and im not d4ish
    a lot of girls aged anywhere between 15 and 21 in meath have taken on the accent, collars up, dubes, ralph, tommy, lv thing but are still true skangers at heart, and i think that's where you draw the line between being d4, being a wannabe, and being yourself.

It's a lot older than 10-12 years.

It was mostly a Blackrock College / Private school thing that the regular riffraff 'yoof' started to copy in the mid ninties when the economy took off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Why does this D4 thing annoy everyone so much. Its just an easy target for people. If you started making lists about let's say things poor people,gay people or immigrants love, everyone would come down on you like a ton of bricks.

Just cos these people are well off etc, everyone thinks it's great fun to bitch and moan about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

I find them amusing!

I also think its a bit sad that someone has to try to fit into a group mentality due to a sense of inferiority....... :D

RachG wrote:
    Why does this D4 thing annoy everyone so much. Its just an easy target for people. If you started making lists about let's say things poor people,gay people or immigrants love, everyone would come down on you like a ton of bricks.

Just cos these people are well off etc, everyone thinks it's great fun to bitch and moan about them.
    Dont get me fúcking started on the fags!

Sangre wrote:
    Dont get me fúcking started on the fags!

Shame on you. :mad:

Larianne wrote:
    Shame on you. :mad:

Yeah Sangre, the cheek of avoiding the filter like that. Feck is equally acceptable.

fúck off

Damn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

wait... this isn't a well-offness thing!
    hate to brag, roysh, but i'm well off, and i don't need to adopt an accent to show it, or pretend to be it. basically "i've got the roley on my arm and im pouring chandon, and i roll the best etc..." ive a run-of-the-mill accent, no roysh, loyke, fock, or any of that lork, and we're talking totally here...
    the old man who's proud of his "rare-auld-dublinness", ronnie drew, said on the late late a few months back that you're just as comprehendable talking old dublinese clearly as you are talking through your orse because you've a plum in your mouth, or words to similar effect.
    "to thine own self be true"
    all these idiots all over leinster whose daddys got jobs in intel, hewlett packard, nec, etc... suddenly had the money to get a bus to dublin in the mid 1990s, then they had the money to go to grafton street, and the quarantine on the artificial accent front was destroyed. it IS artificial. nobody spoke like that in dublin 30 years ago, did they?
    blackrock college... don't get me started! my best mates go to the likes of clongowes, belvedere, newbridge and wilson, they're well off too but they're genuine people, not little mummies' boys who've been rushed off to the swan institute on grafton street every saturday since they learned to talk. d4ishness should die. it's a state-of-mind, it's a disease, and the real upper class of the country should just shun it or we'll soon have corkonians and galwegians giving it loads too, roysh?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement