Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 things that D4 heads love

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

you're the idiot insulting gays, right? i wouldn't expect you to understand...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

peace people.

so what have you against "the fags" Sangre?

upmeath wrote:
    you're the idiot insulting gays, right? i wouldn't expect you to understand...

I think he was taking the piss.

peace people.

so what have you against "the fags" Sangre?
    I hate those cancer sticks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

doing b&l, more people from country and other parts of dublin tbh--i'm from Bray--spose that makes me a skang-bag!

B&L just means we're more intelligent than you. :p

Just to clarify that when i said B&L i was referring to the society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

upmeath wrote:
    wait... this isn't a well-offness thing!
    hate to brag, roysh, but i'm well off, and i don't need to adopt an accent to show it, or pretend to be it. basically "i've got the roley on my arm and im pouring chandon, and i roll the best etc..." ive a run-of-the-mill accent, no roysh, loyke, fock, or any of that lork, and we're talking totally here...
    the old man who's proud of his "rare-auld-dublinness", ronnie drew, said on the late late a few months back that you're just as comprehendable talking old dublinese clearly as you are talking through your orse because you've a plum in your mouth, or words to similar effect.
    "to thine own self be true"
    all these idiots all over leinster whose daddys got jobs in intel, hewlett packard, nec, etc... suddenly had the money to get a bus to dublin in the mid 1990s, then they had the money to go to grafton street, and the quarantine on the artificial accent front was destroyed. it IS artificial. nobody spoke like that in dublin 30 years ago, did they?
    blackrock college... don't get me started! my best mates go to the likes of clongowes, belvedere, newbridge and wilson, they're well off too but they're genuine people, not little mummies' boys who've been rushed off to the swan institute on grafton street every saturday since they learned to talk. d4ishness should die. it's a state-of-mind, it's a disease, and the real upper class of the country should just shun it or we'll soon have corkonians and galwegians giving it loads too, roysh?

SERIOUSLY, why do people feel the need to recreate the R O'C-K bullsh1t time and again! Ok we get you read the Trib and you're jealous of those you perceive to be above your own social status but PLEASE! why recreate all this roysh..Oisín blah blah blah generic crap, have an original thought for once in your life. Type roysh into the search function of this board and you'll find about a billion threads all talking about the same pointless garbage...get ever yourselves haters.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

SERIOUSLY, why do people feel the need to recreate the R O'C-K bullsh1t time and again! Ok we get you read the Trib and you're jealous of those you perceive to be above your own social status but PLEASE! why recreate all this roysh..Oisín blah blah blah generic crap, have an original thought for once in your life. Type roysh into the search function of this board and you'll find about a billion threads all talking about the same pointless garbage...get ever yourselves haters.

Here here (that's learned-folk speak for "well said"). ;)

Seriously though, stereotyping is a bit cliché, non?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Blut wrote:
    spot the bitter ugly scummer

Blut banned for that gem and a nice string of abuse in other threads aswell.

And his children.

And his childrens children.

For two weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

This is all monkey science to me

Heres what I reckon for all these haters

You don't like the blokes because:

a) They have a financial future even if they mess up uni

b) They play/ have played rugby and are in better shape then you

c) They can afford nicer things then you - car, clothes etc

but heres the killer point.........

They're shagging birds that wouldn't even give you a second glance.

Most of these haters would give their left nut for a night with a high quality 'd4 type' lady.

It's all jealousy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭lateasever

california here we come, right back where we started from, callllliiiiiiffffffooooooooorrrrrrrrnnnnnniiaaaaaaaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Monkey science? What were the points like for that last year? :)

Higher than Arts no doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

ghostchant wrote:
    Monkey science? What were the points like for that last year? :)

Suprisingly low, but the practical was tough

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

daRobot wrote:
    Suprisingly low, but the practical was tough

All the applicants were going ape afterwars because it was so tough!

(cringe)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

1.Roggby
    2.Spriote zero
    3.ooh briens sandwich barr
    4.The number 10 Bus.
    5.Bonndaii
    6.Sponging 200 euro a week off daddy
    7.Sponging a new car off daddy
    8.Assaulting people outside a nightclub but getting away with it through sponging a lawyer off daddy
    9.B&L
    10.Brian O`Driscoll

are you stalking me or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Careful Sangre

DN009 Law 510
    DN021 Business and Legal Studies 505

You'll have those indigent B&L plebs leaking into your hallowed law in the next year or two - just because they didn't get the points for B&L.

Since when is law 510? Back in my day!!!

well said kasinthian

Sangre wrote:
    Since when is law 510? Back in my day!!!

Back in your day it was 515

• Advertisement

besty wrote:
    well said kasinthian
    My hallowed institution!
    Hopefully I'll be out of there before they infect the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

is law 510 now? I was sure it was more, dunno why. Anyway the points for my course are only about 330 now. It funny cos all the other engineerings are like late 400's or 500 and then elec is 330! (Note B in hopnours maths also required :p )

515 on last round.
    It only counts if you get in on the first round.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

besty wrote:
    1.Roggby
    2.Spriote zero
    3.ooh briens sandwich barr
    4.The number 10 Bus.
    5.Bonndaii
    6.Sponging 200 euro a week off daddy
    7.Sponging a new car off daddy
    8.Assaulting people outside a nightclub but getting away with it through sponging a lawyer off daddy
    9.B&L
    10.Brian O`Driscoll

are you stalking me or something?

HA!

it took so long to write just 2 letters :o ^^

that list is eerily realistic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Blut wrote:
    spot the bitter ugly scummer
    here man watch out i'll blaeden stab ya !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

besty wrote:
    that list is eerily realistic
    yeah for all people going on about D4 is a load of rubbish i best on anyone day I could go to commerce and interview atleast a dozen people who would fit into the characteristics.
    Its funny how every month or so a D4 topic flares up, I think its brilliant! a real ground breaking social critique.
    I think D4 is best described as "A funny cause its true" situation. Ha and apprently one of the first year commerce exams was in the D4 section of the RDS My mate (don't worry he's no rugger bugger) said it was hilarious cause people though they were been slagged by the lad at the counter said "D4" when asked "wheres commerce?"
    I think we should add J1 in san diago to the list and crap promotional jobs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

I vaguely remember noting that my computer science course was the highest points CS course in the country last year except for DCU - and it's arts...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Are you in 1st year?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement