Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 things that D4 heads love

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Superman wrote:
    well D4 is really a state of mind! But thats a seperate debate.

Ah good ol Joey Brady eh....:)

Hockey....and wearing their old skool's sports jumpers, etc.....

NEWSFLASH

YOUR IN COLLEGE.....!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Are you in 1st year?
    Yeah - if I make second year it'll be my 3rd year in 3'rd level second year :rolleyes: - what can I say I'm a professional waster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Oh well, if you're CS, then you're going to be in some of the same classes with me, when I'm in 2nd year part deux... :)

Oh well, if you're CS, then you're going to be in some of the same classes with me, when I'm in 2nd year part deux... :)

No way - You'll pass. You better pass or i'll stalk you for the next three years. How's that for motovation to study.

Bollix - i've an exam in a few hours I need to sleep (until 6 and then crash study).

Good Luck - remember i'll be hiding round every corner if you don't ace this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm actually in 3rd year now (stinky pooey maths physics, the subject of DEATH), and not doing my exams. I'm going backwards next year.

Oh btw good luck tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭RagShagBill

Terry Dolan wrote a bit about the D4 accent destroying Hiberno-English in his new book.

I'm actually in 3rd year now (stinky pooey maths physics, the subject of DEATH), and not doing my exams. I'm going backwards next year.

Oh btw good luck tomorrow!

Oh yeah - I read about that here somewhere.

*dons his trenchcoat and sunglasses*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Alana wrote:
    YOUR IN COLLEGE.....!!!
    Not for long! Summer time - longest stretch off time off since before you start primrary school!

kasintahan hows it going for you i'm in 2nd year and its not too bad, programming is like watching paint dry!

It's really easy. I've waaaaaay less hours than my last course, there are fewer subjects (I used to do Computers/Chemistry/Maths/French and Business), the content for eash subject is easier (eg Computers = Java and a bit of ASM/Systems - not C, advanced ASM, Unix shell programming, Systems Design and logic), it's taught at a slower pace and you pass the labs by attending!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

I like the way people have selected equality.
    If I were indentify my lifestyle as being a D4 person and all that entails in the steriotype, accent, wristbands, rugby and all that crack which would be none of my fault because of the atmosphere I grew up in rich family, posh school and generaly an easy life and this was how I was raised and knew nothing else. I now am condemned as a mean spirited person who is too wrapped up in themselves to care about others or ever I am automatically associated with murderers.
    Yet if I indentify myself as gay(which would also not be my choice) I am suddenly untouchable as people here have demonstrated.
    My point being is that the world has assholes but being an asshole is not dictated by what clothes you wear or accent you have, its by how you act to towards other people and to paint the "D4" group with the same brush is not fair .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

hahahah...classic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Exar Khun wrote:
    I like the way people have selected equality.
    If I were indentify my lifestyle as being a D4 person and all that entails in the steriotype, accent, wristbands, rugby and all that crack which would be none of my fault because of the atmosphere I grew up in rich family, posh school and generaly an easy life and this was how I was raised and knew nothing else. I now am condemned as a mean spirited person who is too wrapped up in themselves to care about others or ever I am automatically associated with murderers.
    Yet if I indentify myself as gay(which would also not be my choice) I am suddenly untouchable as people here have demonstrated.
    My point being is that the world has assholes but being an asshole is not dictated by what clothes you wear or accent you have, its by how you act to towards other people and to paint the "D4" group with the same brush is not fair .
    what can i say ! i agree inequality is so gay. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

Yes I like the way this D4 group gets all the attention and the slaggings. It deflects attention from the tribe I belong to. Which is a tiny minority in UCD and would otherwise be persecuted: the northsiders. p.s(howth,clontarf and castleknock aren't included as they're just islands of southside)

Northsiders are UCD's dirty little secret...

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ILOVEYOU

I found out some guy was from ballymun and me and the guys spat on his head for like the whole lecture!

It was soooo funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

kasintahan wrote:
    Northsiders are UCD's dirty little secret...

;)

De y' wan yaar kicked in young fella? The Northshide masshive are the only good thing going for this sh*thole called UCD4. Without me and my fellow northshide peeps this college would lose whatever few sound people that exist in it. It's a fact that Northside people are the soundest most down to earth people in this city. We are f**king great and if you don't like we'll rob your gaf! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Yeah, you tell 'im Zaney boy!!!

NORTHSIDE KICKS ASS!

P.S. Except in London. There, the SOUTHSIDE KICKS ASS! WOOOH! Shout out to the Beckenham Massive... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

De y' wan yaar kicked in young fella? The Northshide masshive are the only good thing going for this sh*thole called UCD4. Without me and my fellow northshide peeps this college would lose whatever few sound people that exist in it. It's a fact that Northside people are the soundest most down to earth people in this city. We are f**king great and if you don't like we'll rob your gaf! :D

Eeep!!!!

Baldoyle in D13 is the bestesht area of the Norhshide coz of d realley chool stuf dey shell in Lidl and the park theyr ish mhasssive... dutch ghold mhassshive!!!!! Boyakasha!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

It's a fact that Northside people are the soundest most down to earth people in this city. We are f**king great and if you don't like we'll rob your gaf! :D

Northsiders? Don't make me laugh.
    The only time I'll ever speak to one is when I'm defending him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

I think the whole point of this thread was to poke fun at the Ross O'Carroll Kelly wanna-be's who do exist in ucd, many of whom are not actually "D4 heads". Same as the skanger wannabes u get elsewhere in dublin. people, for some unknown reason, like to have a label on themselves so they can cling like barnicles to others, whether it be tracksuits and peaked caps or chinos and orange skin. It's people subscribing to stupid stereotypes, consciously or otherwise, that justifies the rest of us in taking the piss out of them.

The reason gays are untouchable as far as insults go is because if u do say anything ur labeled as a homophobe... and thats just gay.

(oh ho ho i made a funny)

I agree with the earlier comment that assholes are everywhere. Take a look in the mirror.

Sangre wrote:
    Northsiders? Don't make me laugh.
    The only time I'll ever speak to one is when I'm defending him.

Boom Boom! Sangre's sarcasometer +1

I agree with the earlier comment that assholes are everywhere. Take a look in the mirror.

But my neck hurts when I keep trying to see at that angle

Boom Boom! Sangre's sarcasometer +1

I wasn't being sarcastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Concur. Why do you think I never look in the mirror, HCH? I'd be depressed for days after realising what an asshole I've become. Too late to change back now... Meh. This person has more fun than the old one did anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ah to be a Dubliner...Hated by those from Meath, Kerry, Cork, pretty much the entire West and North, well hated by the whole bleedin' island, and the strangest thing of all - we hate ourselves to boot! It's time we united against the rest and established the independent Republic of Dublin. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

The independent republic of Dublin? hasn't that idea already been taken, whatwith "The People's Republic of Cork"?
    Sangre, I have to hand it to you, that is the best dig at scum I've ever heard! Whatever about what you said about gays, I'm just particularly touchy on that front lately because a friend came out on Wednesday! So peace, and keep the jokes rolling! Legend.
    To say that Dubs are hated nationwide is crap. there's a certain respect between Meath and Dublin. They're the only football fixtures you're guaranteed sociable banter at. Kerry folk have big heads, need i say more?
    the only dubs hated nationwide are skangers. meath, kildare, louth, wicklow and any other county to have seen the celtic tiger's rear end in the form of the skanger exodus are now drug-riddled and crime-torn. gangland shootings in clonee? who'd have thought of it 5 years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

upmeath wrote:
    The independent republic of Dublin? hasn't that idea already been taken, whatwith "The People's Republic of Cork"?

That's just talk. Cork could never survive on its own.
    upmeath wrote:
    To say that Dubs are hated nationwide is crap. there's a certain respect between Meath and Dublin.

Eh? Respect my arse! They can't stand the steady influx of Dubs into their county these days. No one likes the Dubs and as this thread shows, we're not too fond of ourselves either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

You dont think any of this has to do with your inferiority complexes?

I do commerce, the course most associated with the D4 types and its far from all daddys business types. There is probably more ppl from outside dublin than in dublin in my class. TBH the cool D4 clique does exist, these ppl are rugger buggers and filthy rich but there not (for the most part) the pretentious snobs ppl call them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement