Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 things that D4 heads love

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

I do commerce, the course ... D4 types ... daddys business types. ... TBH the cool D4 clique does exist ... rugger buggers ... filthy rich ... pretentious snobs

I think the tone of your message is a fair way to close this thread .. D4 exists and its here to stay and by its very existence and nature it generates dissillusion, controversy and contention.
    However its future trajectory remains stimied in a myre of associative trends.

believe me after a day of reading academic journals you start to talk like them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

God almighty Superman you had me scared there for a sec.

I won't have any of this "well articulated point" bollocks on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Superman wrote:
    D4 exists and its here to stay and by its very existence and nature it generates dissillusion, controversy and contention.

D4 existed since they decided to make the postman's job easier. This thread's about D4NESS, disease of the mind where young people all over the country think they live in donnybrook, ballsbridge, or ringsend. royals hating dubs? navan has a colony of northsiders now, called johnstown. biggest dole office in the country being built there as we speak. but the reason d4ness spread to counties like this is because of these people moving out here. the only way other people have of showing their independence from all those idiots is to adopt the good old hoihoworyadoin'? accent. bless their innocence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

upmeath wrote:
    D4 existed since they decided to make the postman's job easier. This thread's about D4NESS, disease of the mind where young people all over the country think they live in donnybrook, ballsbridge, or ringsend. royals hating dubs? navan has a colony of northsiders now, called johnstown. biggest dole office in the country being built there as we speak. but the reason d4ness spread to counties like this is because of these people moving out here. the only way other people have of showing their independence from all those idiots is to adopt the good old hoihoworyadoin'? accent. bless their innocence.
    Ringsend? No offence lad, but Ringsends a shítty scumhole! Nothing D4-esque about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Eh, Ringsend is nothing compared to Sandymount :P

(I studied there, I lived in Kildare though!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

You know all of Dublin's sewage comes out at Ringsend? :D

I find that mildly amusing...

You're not offending me, Im offending D4! I threw Ringsend in there to show that no postcode is perfect, and Ringsend is the bad apple in the D4 crate.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

upmeath wrote:
    You're not offending me, Im offending D4! I threw Ringsend in there to show that no postcode is perfect, and Ringsend is the bad apple in the D4 crate.

Rindsend=D8.

pathetic analogy too

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Rindsend=D8.

pathetic analogy too

nope...its D4.

Yeah, D8 is part of the phoenix park (Aras an Uachtarain's post code includes D8 anyway), Kilmainham, Heuston Station...

Ringsend is indeed D4.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Tusky wrote:
    nope...its D4.

I don't think it's a debate worth getting into, unless someone wants to look up a phonebook.

if ringsend is D4 (which it isn't), it shouldn't be, sort of the same way clontarf etc are extensions of the south side.

ok,it is d4. still think its a misnomer though

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭ergo

OK, I'm new here but couldn't ignore this one

yes D4 is a state of mind

most of the D4 heads that I know don't technically live in D4 (which does include Ringsend btw)
    a lot live further down maybe, probably the 46A would be their bus

and having been in UCD and done a course which was probably half and half D4 heads and half non-D4 then I suppose some of the things I noticed;

(and obviously you can't generalise, (I have some great friends who went to the rugby schools and have the matching postcode))

but the D4's are just not down to earth,

and so damn ridiculously superficial compared to the non

and they say "Hello" in mid sentence long after any greeting could be relevant, I blame Friends for a lot of this

or indeed "shut up" equally inappropriately

I met this American girl the other night who was going on about how she hated UCD so much cos of all the D4's which I found mildly amusing, and she's only in the country since September

but the D4's are just not down to earth,
    ... I blame Friends for a lot of this

I think you hit the nail on the head there, a point which I believe is all down to the fact that D4 head's rarely have to do a hard days work, hence there lack of control with daddy's money and abillity to buy over priced things based purely there style value - iPod's.

American TV has had a disgraceful affect on the gentry, Mainly due to the fact they could afford cablelink before many of the peasent class, staples such as the "babysitters club" and "sweet valley high" have moulded them into ditsy beach girls and jocks.
    Its a bit like the way most girls aged about 10-12 talk like sabrina the teenage witch! and the guy seem to all act like one of the vasious characters from malcolm in the middle.

Ringsend is defo D4, just call an estate agent and find out!
    D8 is quite big and stretches from the coomb to guiness to the Pheonix park,
    Quite ironic the way they wouldn't give the aras on uachtaran a northside postal code - not that it makes a the slightest bit of a difference to me.
    Northside is generally alright, it doesn't have any hill's or mountains which kinda freeks me out but I really don't see why some people hate it with a passion - people there generally don't have dillusions of grandeur - a common southside plight!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Superman wrote:
    Northside is generally alright, it doesn't have any hill's or mountains which kinda freeks me out

That's so funny... don't go to The Netherlands.. that could seriously do ya some damage! :D

Superman wrote:
    people there generally don't have dillusions of grandeur - a common southside plight!

That sums it up perfectly. Therein lies the crux of the difference.

Larianne wrote:
    That's so funny... don't go to The Netherlands.. that could seriously do ya some damage! :D
    I've been loads and it doesn't freak me out there , Its the only thing that I can fault the northside on :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

American TV has had a disgraceful affect on the gentry, Mainly due to the fact they could afford cablelink before many of the peasent class

I'd have to go the opposite on this one :D The cheaper the chips, the more likely they are to have some sort of sky digital or satellite yoke hanging off the front of their gaff.
    Quite ironic the way they wouldn't give the aras on uachtaran a northside postal code - not that it makes a the slightest bit of a difference to me.

Yes this is just plain wierd. From where I am now I could throw a stone into the aras... if i walk down the back of the garden and look over the wall, it's the southside.... it's just not right. Might be an idea to start a campaign to reclaim the park for the northside... after all, they're enough murders and all the rest there :D

m1ke wrote:
    I'd have to go the opposite on this one :D The cheaper the chips, the more likely they are to have some sort of sky digital or satellite yoke hanging off the front of their gaff.
    yeah nowadays but in the 80's cable and satellite were only reserved for the lords and his hench men, the peasent class grew up by means of radio as entertainment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

you were more likely to see satellite dishes hanging off the ballymun flats in the 1980s than in the leafy suburbs of yahrosh.

• Advertisement

Superman wrote:
    - people there generally don't have dillusions of grandeur - a common southside plight!

I agree, northsiders don't have dillusions of grandeur, they have dillusions of adequacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Hullabaloo - are all your posts meant to be sarcastic? I thought they were but so far none have been anyway humourous.

On topic (or the topic that's now being discussed!) I think d4 heads aren't as bad as people are making out. Usually polite and that. And I don't think they're as snobby as people make out either. I mean I find Abercrombie as embarrassing as the next guy but not threatening.

To sum it up I wouldn't wanna be a D4 head but they are amusing. Plus the one who sits next to me in work is real hot!
    Uptown girl! whoa oa oa oa oa oa she's been livin in an Uptown.....

Hullabaloo - are all your posts meant to be sarcastic? I thought they were but so far none have been anyway humourous.

cut me deep

Superman wrote:
    American TV has had a disgraceful affect on the gentry

Ringsend is defo D4, just call an estate agent and find out!

Northside is generally alright, it doesn't have any hill's or mountains which kinda freeks me out

Yeah and in Friends' absence the upcoming D4 heads need a new show to colour in their conversation... queue The OC!
    Ring an estate agent to find out if Ringsend is D4? An estate agent would tell you Spencer Dock is D4, but as I pointed out already, Ringsend is indeed D4, with my topnotch geographic analogy to accompany...!
    The Phoenix Park has a southside postcode so southsiders can claim the president lives there, and the Pope once visited the southside, which of course neither do/did. Possibly so all the embassies are on the southside too, why give the yanks a northside embassy?
    Yeah southsiders have a complex about their little hills, a sentimental attachment! It bounds the southside and gives it that little bit of exclusivity, not everyone can live there, or so they think.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

Some of you people are so indoctrinated by the "southside" propaganda(i.e. ross o carroll kelly books) that you actually believe it.

Exar Khun don't be so niave and try to fictionalize tre existanse of the D4 mentality.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

D4 heads make agent smith cry

viva co. dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Over on the Trinity Forum I came up with a good name for the D4 ladies - ORC!

O = Orange
    R = Rendered
    C = Clown

When you're attempting to chat some of them up you can think of Aragorn from Lord Of The Rings and say, "Let's hunt some ORC"! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

i prefer my one
    B=blonde hair
    O=Orange skin
    P=Pink clothes
    put it all together and uve got a BOP
    or alternatively
    bobfocs
    body off baywatch, face off crimewatch!!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Over on the Trinity Forum I came up with a good name for the D4 ladies - ORC!

O = Orange
    R = Rendered
    C = Clown

When you're attempting to chat some of them up you can think of Aragorn from Lord Of The Rings and say, "Let's hunt some ORC"! ;)
    your LOTR knowledge must be a real hit with the ladies

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement