Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 things that D4 heads love

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sangre wrote:
    your LOTR knowledge must be a real hit with the ladies

It sure is. But my knowledge about Harry Potter really makes them swoon. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Thats probably your breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Sangre wrote:
    Thats probably your breath.
    :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

upmeath wrote:
    You're not offending me, Im offending D4! I threw Ringsend in there to show that no postcode is perfect, and Ringsend is the bad apple in the D4 crate.

what about Irish town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

oh yeah irish town is a hole, It called Irishtown for a reason, its where the protestant gentry banished the native catholic peasant class to

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

A D4 bop sat in front of me for Psy this morning.
    She had really well done tan, highlights, Ralph Lauren baggies and sat with her knees tucked under her for half the exam. :eek:

She was teh sexor, I could have written for the whole 3 hours on the singular subject of her arse... :)

She left early though :mad: , stopping to get the car keys off her skinny sister/friend in the next row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭TheMurrinator

Will alll you skobes just go back to da northside or where ever it is your from (im presumin ur in loik a internet cafe in d south side cos loik computers havnt been invented in the north side yet roysh?) Get a loife!
    :P Jokin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love ross os carol kelly its so funny and sum of my friends are so bitchy about what people call skobies but i just think that ross ocarrl kelly is slagging "saith soiders" more than north siders cos der such snobs!
    Any hu bye !
    xxooxx

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Don't use txtspk.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Will alll you skobes just go back to da northside or where ever it is your from (im presumin ur in loik a internet cafe in d south side cos loik computers havnt been invented in the north side yet roysh?) Get a loife!
    :P Jokin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love ross os carol kelly its so funny and sum of my friends are so bitchy about what people call skobies but i just think that ross ocarrl kelly is slagging "saith soiders" more than north siders cos der such snobs!
    Any hu bye !
    xxooxx
    Yeah no shít sherlock, of course its taking the piss out of south siders, thats the only thing it does.

Sangre wrote:
    Yeah no shít sherlock,

Ha! brilliant sarcasm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

I think everyone should know that Sangre did infact grow up on the northside, his accent vaguely resembles Colin Farrell's in Daredevil. It's a bit patchy, he tries to put on a southside accent y'see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

lets not forget how much they love going to get a ciabatta is it or a pitta?
    and the 17 D4 quote "Dad, lioke where are the keys to the Merc! I'm so not taking the BMW! Its loike so cheap!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

I had seasme pitta bread stuffed with tvp lasagna for dinner.
    On the other hand I can't even pronounce ciabatta, so let's go with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I can't remember ever trying pitta bread but then again being a humble northsider I'm content with a nice sandwich and a cup of tea before I go out to ride my horses Into The West-style! :D

BTW, what's with the influx of outsiders coming onto the UCD forum? We're becoming a little too popular. Soon we'll be bigger than the Beatles. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Then bigger than Jesus. Or the BeSharps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

im presumin ur in loik a internet cafe in d south side cos loik computers havnt been invented in the north side yet roysh?

oh so computers were actually designed and built on the southside originally... so the blackrock clinic is trying to get their address changed to silicon valley, south co. dublin...? yahroysh

"Indulging in M + S ciabatta's is the latest fad to hit the hunting world, Theres nothing the gentry enjoy more than a nice sambo after a long hard day while the peasent irish tend to the horses and the dogs"
    Blackrock Gazzette

there you are folks looks like ciabattas are in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

Well I live in Darndale and quite frankly I'm insulted at all the Northside bashing these days. Im also a big idiot and in my spare time I like to urinate in people's drawers and have my way with sheep.

Im also a big idiot and in my spare time I like to urinate in people's drawers and have my way with sheep.

Aww I thought I was the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

honesty is so refreshing

• Advertisement

Free too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Soap

I would just like to point out that by the admission of the author of those ross o kelly books they are a blatent piss take of "d4" people. He's not supporting your attitudes he's slagging them.

I live in Dolphins Barn and the people in my community even though a alot of them struggle to make ends meet are generally kinder and more consideriate people.IMHO

Soap

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Customer Mum to kid where i used to work: "do you prefer the French Connection one so? I thought Eunan and his friends all wore polo." - Little boy was 4 or 5 years old, imagine what he'll turn into! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kurisu

You should try the wesley nightclub its full of them and when the turn 18 they move on to the merrion (M1)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kurisu

i agree with the above statements that d4 are into thre nintendo's but i only know one particular person like that does anyone here now wilbot m

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Morf3h

how do northside birds learn their vowels?

"i o u a e yeah? deadlie..",

there's **** to be said about everyone tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭PiZaRR-0

Im startin to think all this d4 bashin is started by country folk who are a bit aggro for some reason, maybe cause ucd is full of dubs. Its not just southside bashin its northside too.

Someone mentioned dubs refering to where they live by number. I have never heard any of my mates, or anyone for that matter saying im fom 13,8,6, or whatever.

Someone was also givin out about BT2, now thats sad. Its a clothes shop. Its sells clothes that may be expensive due to brand or whatever. But each to there own. I personaly think its a great shop cause its the best place to get labels or whatever cheaper than most other shops such as genius or urban outfitters.

Also people were givin out about wesley bein a real southside hang-out, EVERYONE went there when they were younger. Started off goin to little weasley then old weasley then the palace at about 5th year.
    I love ross os carol kelly its so funny and sum of my friends are so bitchy about what people call skobies but i just think that ross ocarrl kelly is slagging "saith soiders" more than north siders cos der such snobs!

Thats like sayin lock stock and two smoking barrels doesnt glorify crime cause its taking the piss. This point however is heavily debateable.

Im sick of all the overall dublin bashin, even though the point i made above is slightly northside biased, but overall, i think they're stupid threada, started or continued ( im doin this myslef ) by angry, maybe jealous ( I dont you so i dont probably have the justification to say that i admit ) country people! All they they is start a north versus southside debate, yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

PiZaRR-0 wrote:
    Im startin to think all this d4 bashin is started by country folk who are a bit aggro for some reason, maybe cause ucd is full of dubs

tbh i really think it is!! As a culchie living in dublin i have found that d4head bashin' is just a bonding thing with other country-folk. When you meet an fellow culchie its 995 of the time brought up in conversation what do u think of d4s or how many d4s are in ur classes etc. etc. Another thing i've noticed is all the culchies LOVE northside dubliners or 'real dubs' as i've heard them been called. I'm startin to think that nobody has a real problem wit d4types and its just somethin to bitch about! [they are very entertaining though:D ...]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Larianne wrote:
    Where d'ya live, Deansgrange?? lmao
    :D

Hai there now you, young one... what's the problem with living in Deansgrange? They have houses there, shops, buses... much like living in anywhere else?

It's not where you live, it's what your 'tude is like.

Jesus, I was on the 46A one day on the way to college whan a group of 4 or 5 primary school kids got on. Went pretty much like this...

1: I really like Kate's new Abercrombie hoodie.
    2: It's not hers, it's, like, her sister Sorcha's.
    3: Yeah, but she wore it with her Dunnes tracksuit pants.
    2: Oh my god, no!
    1: Why, what's wrong with that? *looks sheepish, like she should know*
    2: Duh, you can't wear Dunnes and Abercrombie together, it's like cheating. You can wear Dunnes with Dunnes or Abercrombie with Abercrombie, but you can't, like, mix them!

And so on. I started to think in, like, faux american myself, before they got off the bus.

And Scraggs, I've never had that experience. I know plenty of "culchies" and I've never discussed what the "Dubs" or "real-dubs" in my class were like. Being a "culchie" myself, maybe I'm just weird?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Ah sure we're all west-Brits anyway

Absolutely guaranteed to come out in an argument with a muck savage

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement