Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 things that D4 heads love

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭PiZaRR-0

Another thing i've noticed is all the culchies LOVE northside dubliners or 'real dubs' as i've heard them been called.

LOL Real dubs! Theres tons of real dubs on the southside too! However there are that certain amount that think they're american. Too much OC I think.

I dont really think southside/northside. I think either Yawbo/sound person. It is hard to tell a northsider from a southside cause theres lots of "D4" types everywhere. Also some snobby "D4" heads are bang on. But there usually proper rich folk who dont really go on about it and dont not talk to people because of where there from and other stuff.
    Jesus, I was on the 46A one day on the way to college whan a group of 4 or 5 primary school kids got on. Went pretty much like this...

Thats sad, but i have heard similar. Two girls roughly around 14 were slaggin off some 20-21 year old girl's hair as the bus passed her buy.That attitude stems from lindsay lohan type yanks. Anyone ever see mean girls?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

My sister has it on DVD. It reminds me of Cruel Intentions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭TrickyRicky

being from Bray its great to be on both sides of the dublin-bogger divide simultaneously!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Oh no.....not this thread again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭jetsonx

Ten Things they love

1) Rugby
    2) Wearing the Old School Tie (literally)
    3) A pint of Heino in Kielys of Donnybrook
    4) VW Polos and Golf for the cubs
    5) E-class mercs for the older ones.
    6) Coffee-on-the-Go
    7) Nokia Designer phones
    8) Skiing/ Sun Holidays in Italy
    9) Speaking DOIRT language
    10) Nepotism - helping Dublin's unique blend of crony capitalism.

• Advertisement

Eh....whats that they've been saying about ucd of late?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Sangre wrote:
    Higher than Arts no doubt

You know, pure English was 500 points this year... just 5 points behind B&L, 10 behind Law... Give it a year or two - we're going to get you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 nickevan

dxdfds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Merc's
    BMW's
    Abercrombie
    Panini's
    Art's Degrees
    25,000 a year and 250 LC points for The American College
    Daddy's credit card
    "Blackrock College"
    Mocha-Chocca-Latte to go
    Tan Beds
    "designer" everything...
    I could go on...

"Daaud, Where's the keys for the Merc? I want to go get a Pannini and I'm Soo not taking the BMW"

"old Upper Class Names" eg Fionnan, Collum.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

This thread is so tiresome.

It reeks of poor,ugly and jealous people.

These 'd4' people are enjoying their parents successes and why not.It's not their fault that your folks are failures.

• Advertisement

LoL:D . Just watch as as that last post pisses everybody off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

daRobot wrote:
    This thread is so tiresome.

It reeks of poor,ugly and jealous people.

These 'd4' people are enjoying their parents successes and why not.It's not their fault that your folks are failures.

Uhuh....

(banned, pm me about length)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

(banned, pm me about length)

legend

How fantastic to see that it's fine to slag off a group of people, but when theres a response to that slag theres a ban.

Weak.

Shh, you'll be next.

Check the names Ruskie, it was him...

Robot, The people who are "enjoying their parents successes" are for the most part, snobbish dimwits, who rather than go out and make it for themselves in the world, will sponge their parents for the rest of their lives. Most of those parents worked hard for that money to have a better standard of living, which most of them do have, but they can't enjoy the money cuz their spoilt little rich kids are using it for their tans, their mercs, their abercrombie and their "coolness".

C'mon Le rack, you know thats rubbish.

You're really trying to tell me that clever successful people, are putting themselves in the red financially just to support their kids lifestyles?

No way.

If they had this level of stupidity, they would never have made it in the first place.

Be honest with youselves here- Why do you hate these people?

Sure,there is a stereotype, but they don't do anyone any harm.They are not violent scumbags (Annabels case excluded), and aren't bad people.

You're only trying to overcome your own inferiority complex to them, by attempting taking them down a notch.

It really is sad that there is so much bitterness over wealth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

I wouldn't bother daRobot, noone on these forums wants to do anything about that little chip on their shoulder. It's only natural that the internet would be the forum for this whining.

Cheers, it's nice to see someone else recognizes the absurdity of this 'd4 hatred' sh1te!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Personally I dont hate them....I find them amusing. And yes, I am referring to the stereotype which is very much evident in UCD.

daRobot: you assume that everyone contributing to this thread are only doing so out of jealousy of the "wealth" and "successes" of these people.....thats a massive assumption to make.
    I'll be honest, I laugh at the D4 stereotype, I slag off the "roysh" "dorsh" "doddy gave me the merc" crap....(just like I'm sure they slag off people from the northside of the city.) However, I'm not doing this out of "jealousy"....what do I have to be jealous of? I'm from a rather well-off family, have a father who would happily let me sponge off him and would buy me anything I asked for....I simply choose not to and would rather earn my own money and be independent.

Of course not all southsiders are the same....we all know this. However, the "D4" stereotype is so prevalent in UCD that its hard not to comment.

At the end of the day, its only a bit of a laugh. No need to get so wound up about it. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Personally I dont hate them....I find them amusing. And yes, I am referring to the stereotype which is very much evident in UCD.

daRobot: you assume that everyone contributing to this thread are only doing so out of jealousy of the "wealth" and "successes" of these people.....thats a massive assumption to make.
    I'll be honest, I laugh at the D4 stereotype, I slag off the "roysh" "dorsh" "doddy gave me the merc" crap....(just like I'm sure they slag off people from the northside of the city.) However, I'm not doing this out of "jealousy"....what do I have to be jealous of? I'm from a rather well-off family, have a father who would happily let me sponge off him and would buy me anything I asked for....I simply choose not to and would rather earn my own money and be independent.

Of course not all southsiders are the same....we all know this. However, the "D4" stereotype is so prevalent in UCD that its hard not to comment.

At the end of the day, its only a bit of a laugh. No need to get so wound up about it. :rolleyes:

And that's the troosh!:v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

So true. sometimes youd think none of us had an accent well guess whether youre from donnybrook or dunmanway or derry what we all have are minging irish accents, lets just get on with it!

Except for me I have no accent but the vocalisation of Apollo singing with a school of dolphins and from my lips are breathed poems of velvet honey and songs of the sky

daRobot wrote:
    C'mon Le rack, you know thats rubbish.

You're really trying to tell me that clever successful people, are putting themselves in the red financially just to support their kids lifestyles?

No way.

If they had this level of stupidity, they would never have made it in the first place.

Be honest with youselves here- Why do you hate these people?

Sure,there is a stereotype, but they don't do anyone any harm.They are not violent scumbags (Annabels case excluded), and aren't bad people.

You're only trying to overcome your own inferiority complex to them, by attempting taking them down a notch.

It really is sad that there is so much bitterness over wealth.
    I did not say that all of them are like that but huge number of them are, I'm friends with the third richest man in Ireland, and yeah he's extravagant but he's the lovliest man around, he started up his own business putting his blood sweat and tears into it and has come out on top. How many people try it and fail? Fair fcuks to him like, and I do not have a "chip" I intend to make the most of my life. I'm not 18 yet and I'm sorting my plans to open my own martial arts school in a few years, what I'm going to do when I finish college, how I'm going to make mine. But you cannot deny that there are rich kids out there, admittedly not all D4 heads that are living of their folks, they are referred to as D4 head because the likes of Foxrock and Dun Laoighre, is where people see the money, I know D4 head and I know rich kids here and some of them are totally grand but a lot of them literally would piss on you were you on fire, despite the fact that I myself fell into the rich kid genre for quite a while cuz I owned my own boat when I was 12, and was bullied for being a "posh b!tch". I know what it's like, despite not even being them!

Fair focks to you, like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Fair enough, but you speak like we don't know what a 'D4 head' is, I was in one of the D4 rugby schools for 14 years... I have just a tiny bit of experience too. The majority of people that are perceived as pretentious D4 airheads by other groups are good people who do work pretty hard despite what you may think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Except for me I have no accent but the vocalisation of Apollo singing with a school of dolphins and from my lips are breathed poems of velvet honey and songs of the sky

Does that mean you've got stinky breath? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ah, it could be worse. They could live in Tallaghtfornia...:D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

They're still got their collars up and are covered in fake tan ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Yay! I don't have an accent either - well, not a distinctive one. It's non-Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Blush_01 wrote:
    Yay! I don't have an accent either - well, not a distinctive one. It's non-Dublin.

Piffft! you do have an accent woman!!! :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement