Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Song Lyrics Competition

• 05-05-2005 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

Anyone out there think they can write lyrics for dance tune?
    Give it your best shot!
    :)

The following is not acceptable
    "Put your hands up in the air
    Wave em about like you just don't care"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I don't generally like dance music with lyrics. I think it just kinda cheapens the song sometimes. Like for example, when Danni Minogue re-released Riva's - Stringer with her vocals on top of the music, it sounded like absolute ****e. The original alone was much faster and it was quite a good tune.

Kinda gone off on a tangent here, so in answer to your question.... no :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

fair enough!
    lol

i don't think lyrics did anything for that riva song, in fact i don't think anything worked on that track!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭zafa

writing lyrics for electronic is the same as writing music for any other kinda music

its just that people tend to take the cheesier route for dance, coz its throwaway music for the most part

i don't know about dance music been throw away music! i like having lyrics in songs, i'm into deep house so soulfull jazzy type vocals are always a good thing by my book.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭zafa

i don't know about dance music been throw away music! i like having lyrics in songs, i'm into deep house so soulfull jazzy type vocals are always a good thing by my book.

ah 95% of dance is made to be throwaway

thats the nature of the industry... get a buzz about it, get it onto dj playlists, and let them play it out for 6 weeks before the consumer can get their hands on it, hype up that release on the back of the dj play, milk it for another 6 weeks, and then put it to bed when everyones sick of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Vocals on tracks like Armin's 'Communication' are pure record-company $$ schemes...although tbh that vocal wasn't the worst.

Strangley enough I like some of the 'slapped on' vocals, maybe on the less commercial tracks like Cass & Slide's 'Perception', not sure why but I do.

Of course those made to go with a vocal can sound great - Gadjo's 'So Many Times' I think it's called...great song thanks to the vocals. If that's not the right song I mean the one where the crowd join in for a breakdown.

Anyway...I'm rambling again.

Advertisement