Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed issues, whats your modem?

• 05-05-2005 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

A lot of people having speed issues when downloading, i dont have such thing and my bro having serious issues lately, bugging me as to why, everything looks in order (same problem with 2 pcs brand new line into house as old one failed for DSL).

I using Zoom PCI DSL modem on Home Starter avg speed of 220KBs obviously PCI being faster than Router/External modems.
    Obviously depending on source it varies but always the same in speed tests has been solid for 3 years now with exact speed testing.
    My bro gets widly different speeds on the test at any given time.

?i convinced its the modem ins ome way speed funky whether setup as Ethernet/USB or as direct connection (w/o firewall).

Post with your modem and speed desc please :D

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Im using the Eircom Wireless Netopia router, ethernet link to the pc.

Get 215KB-220KB constant, depending on the source of course.

Never fluctuates lower than this. Very happy with the service to be honest.

WellyJ

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

NTL Ambit cable modem. Average download speed about 175kb/s.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

eorcom home plus 2048/128 ,netopia 3341.
    210kbps -235 kbps from Irish and UK servers.
    Rarely drops below 200 kbps.
    Im very happy with thew service tbh,downloading 100 mb in 7 minutes :)
    I must say though that im a bit disappointed with ingame pings ,iping between 40-60 on UK and euro servers but thought on 2mb line id get maybe below 30.
    I put this down to interleaving being on?
    May i ask if my connection is RADSL or ADSL ?
    I always thought it was ADSL but been reading various threads here has made me unsure ,also whats the difference?

Advertisement