Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4th Year IT

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Thought I knew just about every wrestling fan in the college!!
    Saw the legend killer screen name and thought you were a guy I know in 2nd yr IT, always uses that screen name!!

Anne rules, never could have learned to do Matrices without her!!

While on the subject, how come noone told me there'd be maths in Comp apps, bloody Quantitative Methods, tricked me completely, renaming subjects, there a cunning breed these lecturers...!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Legend Killer loves his wrestling alright and Firefox.
    Annes a good lecturer and she's dead sound. What this about maths? What is Quantitative Methods?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Legend_Killer

Quantitive methods = maths, angry fox! its just a fancy name these IT folk put on it.

shame lance storm is gone, was a great technical worker! not needed these days though.

as for firefox...... it is da shnitz!

he'l be making his comeback at the ECW PPV coming up, hopefully he comes back fulltime!!

always wondered, how is firefox a better alternative to IE??
    never tried it, but the symbol is pretty cool, shiney things like that are enough to get my attention!!

Explorer is part of windows so if any security holes are found in explorer, the attacker has full access to windows. Firefox is like any other program on your pc, while it also has holes in it, it won’t allow attackers the same access to windows.
    It’s also faster than explorer and tab browsing is brilliant, saves so much time. Just ask Legend Killer....

• Advertisement

angry_fox wrote:
    Explorer is part of windows so if any security holes are found in explorer, the attacker has full access to windows. Firefox is like any other program on your pc, while it also has holes in it, it won’t allow attackers the same access to windows.
    It’s also faster than explorer and tab browsing is brilliant, saves so much time. Just ask Legend Killer....

All i have to say is "Ctrl & T"!

hmmm...
    so worth the download??

U havint donwloaded it yet? Course its worth the download.
    Go here for excellent firefox plugins and extensions.

angry_fox wrote:
    U havint donwloaded it yet? Course its worth the download.
    Go here for excellent firefox plugins and extensions.
    or even here to just download the actual browser :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

angry_fox, eh!! always running off into the distance without thinking!!! Just like a fox

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 AC Slater

Firefox defo out performs IE :rolleyes: fact! smallest download ever basically and does the job ... only better
    Ann Vereker, I had her for maths / quan methods 2 years ago, shes funny alright. Don't know if she tried to describe something to who ever of ye had her, she uses "daisy the cow" and co. to substitute things.

Lancestorm "Hmmm... ive seen one or two deadly young ones in 4th yr IT, cant be that bad!!"

Out of about ahhh 70 or so in our IT year theres prob about 3 deadly ones altogether. Shame only 1 of them is in my class. You would need to use some tunneling technique to penetrate her firewall!

AC Slater wrote:
    Firefox defo out performs IE :rolleyes: fact! smallest download ever basically and does the job ... only better
    Ann Vereker, I had her for maths / quan methods 2 years ago, shes funny alright. Don't know if she tried to describe something to who ever of ye had her, she uses "daisy the cow" and co. to substitute things.

think you mean anne dunphy there Slater! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 AC Slater

yea sorry, thats right ... had them both but got em mixed up

Advertisement