Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party Soc.....possibly the saddest society ever

• 06-05-2005 9:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭

Now i know what everyones thinking....but i think it beats of AG soc and Retro Soc for tag of saddest society ever

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Are they still around? I thought they'd gone cos all the ppl running ti had graduated. I knew a good few of the commitee, and thought they had pretty good events while they were here. Would take them over the C&E or B&L any day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

being honest i thought they were a bunch of fools. standing around outside the arts hole with stereos looking like tossers. Not saying C&E or BnL are any better....hate all those kinda societies cos they have nothing to offer as a society

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

padser wrote:
    being honest i thought they were a bunch of fools. standing around outside the arts hole with stereos looking like tossers. Not saying C&E or BnL are any better....hate all those kinda societies cos they have nothing to offer as a society
    get a gang to jump around them shouting PAAARRRTTTYYYY until they go away....

Get a mosh pit going and knock them over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

fill me in... does party society not mean good times?
    and can someone decipher c&e, b&l for me, please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

C&E = Commerce & Economics Society
    B&L = Business & Law Society
    L&H = Literary & Historical Society
    EngSoc = Engineering Society (mwaha, I got there eventually)

They're all b0ll0cks.

DramSoc, PhilSoc, CraicSoc... These ones were ok, from what I've gathered from the last year. Didn't get involved in any of em tho. Better things to do wit my time... Ish... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

C&E is Commerce and Economics

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Don't ever dare mention Engineering and those twats from the C&E in the same sentence ever again! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Oh sweet jesus what was i thinking!!! :eek:

Duly edited...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Commerce and engineering? why would you say something like that Seb, why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

blondie83 wrote:
    Commerce and engineering? why would you say something like that Seb, why?

Ah commerce! I found myself in a commerce lecture accidentally at the start of the year when I was supposed to be in economics. They were pretty similar anyway. In the sense that they bored me to tears...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I cant understand how anyone could possibly enjoy commerce. It just sounds so boring, taxes and the likes... eek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Anyone who does it is just in it for the money. Nobody could really love stuff like accounting or management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

SebtheBum wrote:
    C&E = Commerce & Economics Society
    B&L = Business & Law Society
    L&H = Literary & Historical Society
    EngSoc = Engineering Society (mwaha, I got there eventually)

They're all b0ll0cks.

DramSoc, PhilSoc, CraicSoc... These ones were ok, from what I've gathered from the last year. Didn't get involved in any of em tho. Better things to do wit my time... Ish... :(

CraicSoc, w00t!

I hear they're applying for official recognition next year...

Now, if only Richard "Bottler" Butler would agree to it..

Advertisement