Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Motorsport

Options
  • 06-05-2005 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭

For all the petrol heads out there what do you think. Has the XBOX finally got its Gran Tourismo is the up coming Forza Motorsport? Will you be buying it and what do you expect from it? For me GT was the defining game that made my playstation1 special. The one thing that I wanted on the xbox so badly was GT4 but it looks like we may have that kind of game in FM…

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

I'm waiting for Burnout Revenge. I know its a different game to the GT series but Burnout 3 was my favourite racing game. Should be out at the end of the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I'm definitely gonna be getting Forza. I read the reviews and they are brillant, gonna be a real good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

It's on the list alright! Played the demo, wicked!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Excellent stuff, Im really hoping for a good GT rival and some tacky stick some real looking cars in there but they handle terrible...

what was wrong with GT4? Haven't played it yet so no idea what its like. I had heard that about forza that they are using real damage...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I just ran into a wall at 150mph in Forza and my car was simply scraped up at the front. Looks like you can forget about realistic damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

OK, hit a real wall instead of haybale and my Supra TT is proper wrecked. Super!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I WANT I WANT I WANT.

of all the games with the exception of GTA:SA _pc, I want ****ing forza.

I've been hounding the local gamestop about it for the past 6 weeks and last week they had the pre_order yokes up so I did :D

tekkit gt4 I say :p

so whats the situation, proper damage modelling, you hit a wall your car is wrecked, is that the race over?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

iregk wrote:
    so whats the situation, proper damage modelling, you hit a wall your car is wrecked, is that the race over?
    If you have the damage set to simulation and you hit a wall hard it pretty much means race over. Your wheel will go out of line and your engine and whole drivetrain will be damaged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

LIGHTNING wrote:
    Just started playing this during the week and It is the chizzy minizzy! craps all over GT4 I command everybody to go out and buy it now. Go on do it!

No, it doesn't and I love my xbox :)

it's very very good but again, it's only the first attempt. GT is in it's 4th incarnation.

definitely worth it tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

no doubt about it, its a brill game, but the damage could have been better if it was more like toca, cause as it stands no matter how bad i crash the car will still run and not be completely out of it. live is great on it too!

Advertisement