Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smallville

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Stark wrote:
    What I really really hope is that Clark finally finds out that Chloe is wise to him. That got seriously annoying during Season 4. As ixoy says "Wow Clark, I think you're super. Man..."
    that happens in the first couple of episodes. I think she may even visit tfos, or at least learns of it and sees the outside, or some thing like that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Cina wrote:
    Hell yes, the whole episode made me cringe, also the episode with Elisha returns was dire, infact 75% of the series was bar a few episodes like the one where they went to China and of course, the finale.
    They seriously need to sort stuff out for the next series, or I'm stopping with the show altogether.

Thank You! lol Id say more than 75%! :p The only eps I actually thought were good were the ones with the Flash,where Lional and Clark switch bodies,the finale and the one where Lex splits in two-his evil and good sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

tvnutz wrote:
    Thank You! lol Id say more than 75%! :p The only eps I actually thought were good were the ones with the Flash,where Lional and Clark switch bodies,the finale and the one where Lex splits in two-his evil and good sides.

lol, same episodes here.

The thing I find with smallville, I like watching it to see the overall story, spoiler:
    Clark becomes superman
    , :D but theres no real episodes that I would go back to watch if I was bored, besides the one with Christopher Reeve, and the superman music, that was a great episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I thought season 3 was the best. And it had one of the finest climaxes of any season anywhere.

Then the follow up at the start of season 4 was awful and got worse from there... The two main story lines throughout the season were the witches and Clark playing football... and neither were interesting in the slightist.

There were probably about 3 or 4 episodes that were okay... but really.. I've never seen a show take such a dramitic dive in quality so quickly.

Great special effects in the climax though..

Did I read that Brainiac might be in it in season 5?

There were probably about 3 or 4 episodes that were okay... but really.. I've never seen a show take such a dramitic dive in quality so quickly.

Ye i found that amazing too,how it just hit rock bottom out of no where. IMO,season 3 wasnt great,but it wasnt terrible either. I still think the season 2 finale was one of the best finales,and despite a terrible season this year,its finale was actually good.

Did I read that Brainiac might be in it in season 5?

Ye...he will be played by James Marsters (Spike from Buffy and Angel).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭ScruffySlayer

tvnutz wrote:
    of all the seasons you thought 4 was good? ...each to his own...but can I ask how???? lol it was pure garbage,bad writing,bad acting,bad plot lines (witches!!) It started losing steam in season 3,Seasons 1 and 2 are when ti was good,I have em on dvd.

I didn't see any of season 3 and only bits of 1 and 2 which I thought were rubbish. Season 4 wasn't amazing in the way I think Alias and Buffy were amazing but I thought it was good soapy fun with lots of superhero stuff and strong production values. And Lois and Chloe actually have personalities and so does "(amazingly) Lana, which makes it better then the very Dawsons Creek style episodes I used to see...
    And I personally loved the "Spell" episode. Great fun!

witches in smallville just isnt right! and im a big buffy fan,so I dont mind witches! i thought it was just done really badly,and the writing of the show cant compare to buffy or angel :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭ScruffySlayer

tvnutz wrote:
    witches in smallville just isnt right! and im a big buffy fan,so I dont mind witches! i thought it was just done really badly,and the writing of the show cant compare to buffy or angel :)

Well you're right about the B/A thing. It was never as good as Buffy or Angel. I personally liked the silliness. Charmed used to be a bit of enjoyable fluff but it's too stupid most of the time (saw the season 7 finale though which was pretty good), Smallville is the perfect mix of crap and silly for me now. I thought it was great fun seeing Lois,Chloe and Lana trollop around being witches. Great fun.

ye thats where it loses it for me! lol i hate charamed because its "silly" :p and I hardly ever watch shows like smallville,the oc being the other exception (don't know why,its terrible).

Advertisement