Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Game Developer Kits

Options
  • 06-05-2005 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi, i wonder does anyone know any game developing kits? I used to use a kit called Div-Games and that was cool, but it was DOS based and when XP came along the development kit and all the games it made bacame obsolete.

My question is, does anyone know of any of these kind of game developer kits, free or otherwise. I paid for Div-Games, something like 25 pounds at the time.

Can anyone help me finding one that can work on Win XP.... i know of course that if you want to make a game then work your ass of on Visual Bacis or do it on C++ or something, but these Home Game Developer Kits are cool, if you know them , you know what i am talking about, please help, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Game Maker is a pretty good tool, also klik'n'play is meant to be good but I've never used it. These the kind of things you're looking for? I never liked using them but that's probably because I learned to code before finding them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Dosbox is a free dos emulator, maybe it can work with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

I had DIV games studio before and it was cool. The only thing I miss about Win98 :D I bought game programming starter kit a few years ago but I haven't really done anything with it. DarkBasic is another good one that I used before. DIV was the best though. I remember a game I made where you control a crow and you have to eat flies. Ah yes! :D

Advertisement