Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

game of the weekend?

• 06-05-2005 10:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

well, ok, just because im a spurs fan, but i do think that the boro v spurs match is probably the biggest game this weekend, with a spot in europe up for grabs.
    ironically, the other two teams up for it, villa and man city are both playing each other...

right up there has to be palace v s'hampton.
    with utd entertaining west brom, norich at home to birmingham, who ever wins between palace and southampton could just possibly stay up....

oh, i love the last 3 games of the season :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The Palace-Soton match has the most at stake. The loser is almost certainly getting relegated. I wouldn't mind watching that one. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

eirebhoy wrote:
    The Palace-Soton match has the most at stake. The loser is almost certainly getting relegated. I wouldn't mind watching that one. :)

Well if it's anything like the 4-3 cracker Soton had against Norwich it'll be the on e to watch. RTE done the right thing in showing that match instead of the scheduled Liverpool match.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

what about arsenal against liverpool, we need to win that match but surely the biggest match is southampton against palace, both teams need to win to avoid relagation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Southampton V Palace......is it on RTE or are they showing the Chelsea game like they said last week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Has to be Milan v Juventus. Hopefully it'll be on setanta on Sunday.
    Should be a quite edgy affair. Dont think I can remember sucha tight league since Liverpool v Arsenal, or Utd v Arsenal the year Spurs were beating Utd at half time and Arsenal were beating Villa. Utd went on to beat Spurs. Damn Spurs!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Big Nelly wrote:
    Southampton V Palace......is it on RTE or are they showing the Chelsea game like they said last week?
    Sky are showing Chelsea at 1230, so thankfully RTE can't. Has to be relgation game after the humdinger last week, although Palace tend to be the best organised and least entertaining of the bottom 4.

Are Man City really in contention for a UEFA Cup spot? Jeebus..
    Its certain that nobody qualifies for the UEFA Cup from the FA Cup is it? i.e. there's no question of a Blackburn v Newky playoff? I know only winners can qualify from the League Cup, but often times runners-up have qualified from the FA Cup.

So if nobody from the FA Cup, it'd be 5, 6 and 7 in the league. Or I suppose 8th could make it in the unlikely event of Liverpool getting a UEFA exemption into the CL if they win it this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Milan V Juve is the game of the weekend. Oddly eurosport are showing it at around 2pm and setanta are showing it at around 7:30pm. Both say live.

Palace V Southampton should be a fantastic too. Is it on TV?

Edit: Yes it is on TV, its on setanta. Program starts at 2:35 on saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Liverpool v Arsenal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Palace V Southampton is huge. Pool V Arsenal is also big because of Europe for Pool. Is the Pool game on tv???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Come on you Spurs!! I think if we win this, we have europe....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

cheesedude wrote:
    Palace V Southampton is huge. Pool V Arsenal is also big because of Europe for Pool. Is the Pool game on tv???
    `

Sky Sports, Sunday, 4pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The biggest game is the last home game at Celtic Park with Celtic playing Aberdeen. I fully expect Rangers to go top tomorrow which will add to the spice on Sunday. Live on Setanta as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

The biggest game is the last home game at Celtic Park with Celtic playing Aberdeen. I fully expect Rangers to go top tomorrow which will add to the spice on Sunday. Live on Setanta as well.

rangers are 4 points behind celtic, so they wont be going top

Another amazing game is Valencia V Barcelona and Sevilla V Real Betis. Cracking games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

2 points behind with 3 games to go. They should win tomorrow giving them a 1 point lead with Celtic playing on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

cheesedude wrote:
    Another amazing game is Valencia V Barcelona and Sevilla V Real Betis. Cracking games.
    Is the Betis match on the telly, do you know?

Yeah it is! Saturday 9pm on sky sports

Advertisement