Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will I have my birthday party?

Options
  • 06-05-2005 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi Guys

It's my birthday soon and I want to go out for a few bevs. Does anyone know of a nice pub that plays good music? I'm just back from being away for 5 years and maybe it's me but I can't find ANYWHERE that fits that description.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gerrymc

Phelans of wexford street seems to be popular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

two words amster and dam.
    happy birthday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 RuthC

Thanks guys but can anyone actually give me feedback on where places what sort of music? Where's Phelans? Or do you mean Whelans...I assume you know the difference though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

Try the Oak... thats a pretty kool place to get pissed in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 clagatha

Carnival of wexford st. is a good place to have your birthday. Good music, couches, not too small but not too big AND its free in!! (unlike phelans after 10.30) ya dont wanna hav to make your mates pay just coz they're late

• Advertisement

Seriously, The Hub, great tunes, great crowd, great night. Jesus I miss that place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

I concur. The Oak is great for music, Carnival is usually pretty good too. Or of course just warn everyone to come early and hit Whelan's before the 10:30 mark.
    You should also go to the karaoke bar/restaurant off Georges St.
    xm

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭ergo

try "Sin é" on the north Quays not far from the millenium bridge, have only been there once and on a thursday, hear it's a bit mental on the w/end though ( in terms of busy)
    but the music was fantastic, a real good mix of good real music, and the place is kind of cool too

and there's always Whelan's

or Toast in Rathmines, nice spot, can hear yourself talk, think it's alternative type stuff on Friday nights, more of everything on Saturdays

A constructive forum, thought I'd never see the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 RuthC

Thanks Dudes...I think it's probably going to be in Sin e, I was there early last Saturday and it's a pretty rockin' place.

But really, there should so more loads more pubs/bars in Dublin you can go to that have good music and a good jukebox. (bar Bruxelles)

• Advertisement
Advertisement