Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will O2 bring out new Tariffs to compete with Vodafones

Options
  • 06-05-2005 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

i was wonder if O2 will bring out new tariffs to compete with the new ones Vodafone have just released?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Dublin8

i think they shud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

some o2 plans still work out cheaper, vodafone are simply catching up with o2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

some o2 plans still work out cheaper, vodafone are simply catching up with o2.

And dont forget about 3. Due out in the next 3-7 weeks! I know the tariffs but :zipped:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

are these the post-paid tarrifs because im on the 20+ plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

...and don't forget meteor pre-paid is still over all cheapest of them all.

• Advertisement

O2 5+ pay monthly is great for a light enough user like myself, €15 rental a month, 100 free messages and €5 free call credit, that can't be beaten by any network.

Can anyone give light to the new 3 tariffs? I'm looking at you optiplexgx

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

paulm17781 wrote:
    ...and don't forget meteor pre-paid is still over all cheapest of them all.

Only if all ur mates are also on Meteor....

It'll be the longer end of 7 weeks (at the earliest) that 3 are here.

And yes, O2 will be bringing in new tariffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

O2 need to seriously start introducing minute packages here rather than crappy free credit.
    O2 5+ pay monthly is great for a light enough user like myself, €15 rental a month, 100 free messages and €5 free call credit, that can't be beaten by any network.
    [/B]

Meteor PAYG is much cheaper than this bill pay package even if your mates are on O2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Fungus wrote:
    Meteor PAYG is much cheaper than this bill pay package even if your mates are on O2.

Meteor Leisure time

Peak 40c (all networks)
    Off-peak 13c (all networks)
    SMS 9c (all networks)

Cheaper than any other network. Even if you Include 100 free texts and E5 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Fungus wrote:
    O2 need to seriously start introducing minute packages here rather than crappy free credit

I prefer it that way as my calls and texts are included in my 'free credit', rather than just my calls. Normally I text rather than call. It also means you can call less and text more one month, or the opposite, and, up to a point, your bill will stay the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

paulm17781 wrote:
    Meteor Leisure time

Peak 40c (all networks)
    SMS 9c (all networks)

Cheaper than any other network. Even if you Include 100 free texts and E5 per month.

and if u have 2 phones, then u can put one on o2 earlybird prepay so it would be peak of 15cent-landlines/o2 mobiles
    19 cent- vodafone/meteor
    12 cent weekends.

if one does the above it is far cheaper than vodafones 100 euro a month bill pay package lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Isnt it funny how many 'expects' say you should go bill to save cash on your mobile bill when the reality of the Irish market is that the cheapest package for almost everyone is a PAYG package.

Yes but some people would use their phone so much, topping up would be way too much hassle. Also, businesses couldn't handle giving all their employees credit all the time. Would be an accounting and logistical nightmare!
    Just because something is the cheapest doesn't mean it's best for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 aspnet

I did a comparison of prepay costs recently in terms of text costs and here are the results on 3 prepay sims , one from each operator.

Vodafone text cost : 13 cent
    O2 text cost : 11 cent
    Meteor text cost : 9 cent

As you can see Meteor is the clear winner.
    However I did have to travel 5 miles from my house to get a signal on the Meteor network.

Coverage is the issue here.
    Meteor are cheap but their coverage outside Dublin is not complete.

Yeah but Meteor don't do text bundles atm like
    O2 - 7.50e for 100
    Vodafone 6e for 100 (normal price 8e for 100)
    But Meteor have the free texts to Meteor (if you're with em from before September)
    So it's swings and roundabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

And dont forget about 3. Due out in the next 3-7 weeks! I know the tariffs but :zipped:

Considering 3 are piggybacking on Vodafone I would assume Vodafone have a fair idea what costs 3 are going to have.. I would imagine these tariffs are to pre-empt Three's launch and that Three will not offer much beteter value that Meteor do.

Also, Three only started to compete as they are in the UK after they missed their customer targets for a couple of periods running.. There is no gaurantee they will go straight for it here either.

Anyone seen their tariffs for their other operations in Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

RachG wrote:
    Vodafone 6e for 100 (normal price 8e for 100)

Has been extended again AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

3 targetted business or high-end users in the UK and still have a much higher proportion of contract users as opposed to pre-pay whereas for the other networks it's the other way around. That's not to say that's what they're going to do here but 3G is certainly a premium product so it would seem reasonable to assume that they're not going to go after Meteor's end of the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Full story at http://www.electricnews.net/news.html?code=9606751

Meteor parent aims for quick sale

Ireland's number three mobile operator, Meteor, could be sold within six weeks,
    a newspaper report has claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Akula

just talked to somebody at o2 who went on training yesterday for training on new tariffs. All they were told about were some new add-on options (most of which are actually already available an advertised)... no new tariffs as such. So while they will probably come, its not going to be ridiculously soon.

• Advertisement

paulm17781 wrote:
    Meteor Leisure time

Peak 40c (all networks)
    SMS 9c (all networks)

I stand corrected, I think i might be making the switch, the only problem is deciding between Leisuretime or Anytime.

Advertisement