Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

playin playstation on LCD Screens

Options
  • 06-05-2005 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

I'm sure everyone has heard the 'rumours' that playing the likes of a ps2 on a television can affect the picture quality/life span of a tv? is this true? or is it just a c&b story made up by parents to stop their kids from hogging the tv all the time!??!

more specifically i am after getting a new BlackDiamond LCD tv, would i be better off not playing the playstation on it, or is that just being over cautious??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I know crt monitor are better than lcd monitor because of response times being slower on lcd's (there are lcd monitor with very low response time now that will work ).
    Maybe its the same for playstations on a lcd, dont know if its good/bad tho for the lcd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The playstation will cause no problems. This probably started cause early plasma screens had a burn in problem where if a static image was left on screen it could be permantly "burned" onto the screen. All modern sets do not suffer these problems except in extreme conditions.

Advertisement